General

We're in the process of moving our suggestions out of this "General" forum into an easier to navigate structure of forums and categories. Please leave your feedback in one of our new forums:

• ClockShark Website
  • ClockShark Mobile App
  • 3rd Party Integrations with ClockShark

Thanks for your patience as we clean things up and make your ClockShark feedback experience that much smoother!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Notifications to Employees of relevant changes to their schedule only.

Notification is sent only to the employee whose schedule has been changed.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for posting your idea to the Voting Forum. Let’s let folks share their support for it, and then we can consider it for a future update. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions!

2. print active and inactive jobs/projects

We as a customer/user of clock shark we should be able to generate a report using “active” and/or “inactive” Job/projects for a particular vendor

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

3. count of hours on the scheduling

Lets say I have 120 hours to use weekly. When writing the schedule it would be awesome if totaled the hours scheduled and the hours for each employee. That way I can see how many hours I have scheduled without keeping my own tally

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It would be helpfull to see all fences for all job sites

I'd like to see all fences for all job sites so if an employee leaves one job site and goes to another and doesn't switch jobs, I can see that and not assume they are trying to steal time.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

5. Admins only area for call offs, special notes

I do like the idea of "notes" on the time sheet view of why an employee has no hours or low hours for a day, however, I think there should be a back side for “admins only” to view more personalized notes.
    Scenario: I'm in the office, my boss is in the field (Construction). There are call-offs almost daily. It would be nice when he looks and sees "Joe" not here, he can look at the admin only "time sheet area" and see a note that says (from me) “7:15 am Joe called and said he didn't have enough gas…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. add new columns to separate time from date in "CSV export " report

time/date ifno lumped together in single columns for clock in and clock out. separate out the two so there are for columns: clock in date, clock in time, clock out date, clock out time.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your experience with that report format, Nathan. We will look to update that report format in a future update.

Folks, if you have any other thoughts about the CSV reports please share them below, or endorse Nathan’s with your votes.

7. Utilize widgets on Time Sheets

On time sheets, when you click an employee's time, perhaps a pop-up to edit or view a day or week instead of a complete redirect to a new page, so you don't have to go back to the top of time sheets and scroll down to where you were in order to move onto other employees' times. Or maybe just a widget to quickly edit an employee's time while still in time sheets, without a redirect to a separate web page to do so.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion, Brooke! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

8. More flexibility for double time entires

Our staff are paid double time if they are called in after hours. Would like ClockShark to be able to automatically pay double time if an employee punches in between the hours of 5 pm and 8 am.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Hi, Kelly! Thanks for the suggestion about extra OT/DT settings in ClockShark. Some of our customers will create a specific job called “Double Time” that employees can choose if they are clocking in within a certain time frame, but this is just a workaround. Having an actual setting would be very helpful.

As folks vote with you on this idea, our Development Team will look to add this in a future update. Of course, if you have any other suggestions, please just let us know! :)

9. View Inactive Employee's Timesheets Without Making Them Active

We should be able to go back and look at time-sheets for inactive employees, without making them active, while at the same time, not being charged for them being active while we access their archived records.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Floating "Date Bar" in Timesheet View

Allow the "Date Bar" across the top in Timesheet view, to float so as you scroll down to view employees time, you don't have to scroll back to the top to see the actual day/date. In other words, if the "Date Bar" floats, you will be able to see it no matter how far down you scroll.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Offer a bluetooth connected key pad device for kiosk clock.

- Designed specifically as an add on for breaks. Or maybe you could offer a customized keypad based off of specific needs in each industry.

- This device could be magnetic or equipped with suction cups so it could be in a central convenient location instead of having to find our admin overtime they go on break.

-needs to be pretty basic, push buttons & maybe a beep if they do something wrong.

-doesn't need to be connected to bluetooth at all times, but once in range of the admins device can upload its logs.

In the construction industry we…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Provide each Admin with their own notification options via email

Allow each individual admin to adjust the email notifications they need. Not all admin need the same notifications, this is causing too much un necessary email.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Labor and Gross pay tracker

Allow under the "Employee" section for the administrator to be able to plug in that specific employees gross pay. Therefore, as hours are tracked for each individual job so can an accurate gross labor dollar amount. Which in turn will help generate simpler/more accurate P&L's

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion, Brad! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

14. Current year automatically shown in Job Detail Reports

I think that it's confusing and a waste of paper having the Job Detail Reports automatically start out with last year's date. I suggest that all dates should reflect the current month and year automatically and if you need to go back in time then you manually change it then.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Daily Materials feature with Vendor Info

Would like to add the ability to, much like other people have suggested, add daily materials used to each job. As jobs and tasks are added though, this would include the ability to upload vendors, so our accountant can search expenses per vendor if needed.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Hey There! Thanks for this suggestion! As support grows for this idea, we’ll look to add it to ClockShark in a future feature update!

16. Task grouping

It would be nice to be able to create a task group for commonly used task.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers great support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

17. Allow to send text message alerts instead of app notifications

Allow to send text message alerts instead of app notifications

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make your search bar actually come up with useful results.

Add info on how to unlock you account after too many logins. It says to contact support, but has no link. When you enter "locked account" into your search bar, it comes up with nothing related to this topic. Seems like a waste of a search result.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Auto clock out notification for employees, not just admins

When an employee forgets to or the app fails to process a clock out, they are automatically clocked out after 23 hours. (Yes, the app fails to clock people out quite often.) Administrators receive emails when this happens but I would love to have an app notification sent directly to the employee. Employees often fail to check their timesheets in the mornings to make sure they got clocked out the day before. A notification sent directly to them through the app will help with individual accountability because they will see it before they clock in and will be able to…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. daily log book for admin and formen

formen to post daily job notes, be attached to the time sheet each day or attached to a job that only admin can see, so daily note are posted what went on that day or employee info, so when the days pass and we forget what happened on that particular date or way to document job site conditions to back up any problems that may occur form jobsite conditions or change orders, etc

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base