I suggest you ...

Vacation Requests and Alerts

It would be great if an approve or deny feature for time off requests could be implemented. And then if there was a push notification for upcoming time off requests so that the scheduler is reminded of who needs time off when, in advance, without having to scroll through the calendar. This feature exists in other time sheet apps and is very appealing, such as SwipeClock and Namely. Right now, we are relying on multiple methods of tracking this time off along side Clock Shark and requests get overlooked this way.

207 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Robyn Hillebrand shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add an option for the Administrator to indicate:
        1. If an employee calls in sick or for last minute or emergency time off requests, which is different from scheduled time off requests.
        2. If an employee does show up for work - no call/no show.

• Megan Rowe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be a way to request vacation pay other than creating a job for "vacation" that they can clock in to on that day or by leaving notes during the week, to request vacation pay for time off which is what we do now. Our employees have a certain amount of vacation time annually based on their hire date so it's different for everyone and very hard to track. I would like to be able to enter a beginning and end date for annual vacation time. There should also be a way for employees to request in the app time off without pay or time off with vacation time pay for the number of hours they choose (not to exceed 8/day) and have it keep a running total of vacation time remaining until the year end date that both employees and administrators can view. Time off/vacation time requests would have to require admin approval and should be automatically reflected in the schedule once approved.

• Matt Yager commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QB has the vacation/sick day's and hours ability in payroll. Can that be tied into the app somehow to help keep track of the available hours along with the vacation request?

• brad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to have Banked hours.
        Some way of tracking extra time so that can be used towards holiday time, sick time, or what have you.

• Carrie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Admin ability to manually enter and track hours used for Paid/Unpaid Time off in ClockShark, along with a way to report that information to our employees. Currently, we can add Paid Time by putting in a start/end time, but it would be so much easier if I could just put in a specific amount of time. Also, I am unable to accurately document unpaid time off—unpaid holiday, unpaid sick day, etc. The system requires a valid time entry, which means it shows up in the employees’ regular hours as paid time. So, at the end of the pay period, I have to go back through and subtract out any hours that are considered unpaid. The time sheet reports that I use for our employees do not include a separate line for any Paid Time off, so I have to hand write that information in. It would be great to have the information for Paid/Unpaid time off calculated separately from the production hours and still have those days noted within the time sheet report for reference.

• Camisha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Vacation / PTO time off - a separate line item on reports that totals vacation hours separately from normal hours

• Robyn Hillebrand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow employees to request time off through the App with an approval process that would add the request to the schedule. Right now our employees request a day off or a time they need to be done to get to an appointment via text and then we come in and manually enter it. The problem is, sometimes the requests come through when we aren't in front of QuickBooks and requests get overlooked!! This feature is available on other time tracking apps.

• Robyn Hillebrand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow employees to request time off through the App with an approval process that would add the request to the schedule. Right now our employees request a day off or a time they need to be done to get to an appointment via text and then we come in and manually enter it. The problem is, sometimes the requests come through when we aren't in front of QuickBooks and requests get overlooked!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A link to request vacation or time off that is sent to the administrator, then there is a trail.

I would love to see better vacation and reporting features:
        -a separate line item on reports that totals vacation hours
        -Quickbooks integration for vacation hours
        -vacation time requests within the app that would automatically add the vacation hours once the request is approved

Features that would be handy, though not essential:
        -vacation accrual tracking, so employees could see how much time they have available and how much they've used in the pay period
        -settings that auto-fill vacation if employee hasn't worked the weekly minimum hours (i.e. 40)

• shellylynnhenry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Staff and Client Availability function including, PTO for staff (vacation, sick, etc.) and reporting for totals per quarter and year.

• Ashley Helbig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow employees to request time off whether its a unpaid day off, vacation or PTO. And allow Admins to accept, deny or partially deny(ie they requested 40hrs and you will only allow 20 hrs) these requests.

• ramona commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to have extra features like docusign , or to add at time sheet report : Paid time off hours and Paid sick leave hrs .

Employees can request to not be scheduled on a day, if submitted 5 days prior. That way they won't be given a new assignment without a check.

• Alord4u2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have the ability for employees to request vacation days from their mobile device in advance. It would be helpful that all employees see a yearly calendar some no one can request for the same days off.

Feedback and Knowledge Base