I suggest you ...

GPSTrak

I believe the GPSTrak should work regardless of whether the user closes the app on their device. Having an employee easily be able to disable their tracking by closing the application makes it too easy for them to circumvent an important feature of this software.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes if they disable there gps and its enabled as part as employee requirements when building a new employee if they turn off there location services they automatically get clocked out this has been issues with a coupe employees but after informing them their trucks also have gps its more a redundant system then anything and company phones also have find my phone which can be tracked

• Mandy James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the location setting is on, even if the app is closed, the GPS is still running. I kill my apps and I'm still being tracked while clocked in. That's why I love this app, it doesn't stop running until you clock out.
        Now, I have had employees phone's die and have had a few take location off while on the clock...this will lead to not knowing where they are. Clock shark clocked the employees out after awhile. I'd call them to confirm what you can do to ensure your employees are using the app correctly. I had to give mine a little "mini session" of things to do and not to do. Hope this helps.

Feedback and Knowledge Base