General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. closing out previous weeks

A way to close out the prior weeks for payroll reasons, It's easier to see what weeks have been paid if you can lock it or close it somehow, or even color code it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Hey, James. Thanks for the suggestion! We hope to include this feature soon as part of a payroll/timesheet approvals process. We’ll keep you updated on this post as that gets complete. Glad to hear that you’ll find that feature helpful!

2. job detailing with pics

I would like to see the option when an employee takes a pic and makes a note for a specific job , that note and pic can be retrieved simply by searching the job name and all employee notes and pics for the job only would show.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing this idea in the Voting Forum, Joe. We look forward to seeing how other users respond to it. We’re committed to implementing the ideas with the most votes. Feel free to let us know if you have any other suggestions or ideas!

3. Simplified manual time entering

We would like to split our day spent at multiple job sites easier to enter. Once we enter a time in for that day, it should default to the last time entered rather than going back to 8:00am again.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, Jessica.

Thanks for sharing this idea on our voting page. When it comes to manual time entry, we do want that to be as swift as possible, so having the app intuitively remember when the last time entry ended would be extremely helpful.

Let’s allow other users to vote on this idea, and we will consider adding this in a future update. If you have any other suggestions or ideas, feel free to share those here, or with me at hello@clockshark.com. Thanks, Jessica.

4. Who is not working view

I would like to see who is not working to be able to identify if someone forgot to clock in or is late for work.
    Late in notification is only for scheduled shift and we are not using that feature

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing this idea in the Voting Forum, Erlendur. We look forward to seeing how other users respond to it. We’re committed to implementing the ideas with the most votes. Feel free to let us know if you have any other suggestions or ideas!

5. Quarterly scheduling

I would love to be able to add my jobs that are done on a quarterly schedule, it currently only allows for weekly/monthly repeat scheduling.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing this idea in the Voting Forum, Tracy. We look forward to seeing how other users respond to it. We’re committed to implementing the ideas with the most votes. Feel free to let us know if you have any other suggestions or ideas!

6. Show scheduled in & out times

When someone does not clock in or out, I only see the missed clock-in on the timecard, and it does not show the scheduled clock-out time. I have to go back to the schedules to look it up and then back to the time cards to enter time. Which can be a hassle when someone is scheduled for several different jobs on the same day, and forgets their phone at home or they have it being repaired etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing this idea in the Voting Forum, Edward. We look forward to seeing how other users respond to it. We’re committed to implementing the ideas with the most votes. Feel free to let us know if you have any other suggestions or ideas!

7. Adjust screen size when adding notes on iPhone.

When I try to add notes on my iPhone, the keyboard comes up and completely covers the notes section, so I can't see what I'm typing. This worked fine on the previous generation of Clockshark, but is no longer working after the latest update.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Our engineers our planning to roll this out in the next app release, so this will update soon. Sorry for the temporary inconvenience of that screen.

8. Requesting a report that would trend either employees or jobs that have frequent: Out of Bounds, Missed Clock In/Out.

Requesting a report that would trend either employees or jobs that have frequent: Out of Bounds, Missed Clock In/Out. It would help to identify employees who are incorrectly using Clockshark or Jobs that are incorrectly inputted into the system. Additionally, a report that could track how attendance instead of hours for exempt employees.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion: having an “exception” report that details any employee missteps in the app would be very helpful. Please continue to add your thoughts and support below, and we’ll consider this for a future update.

9. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your support for this idea here! As support continues to mount for this idea, our development team will plan how to bring this to you in ClockShark. :)

10. Better Filtering for Scheduling

Currently your filtering works using OR instead of AND.

I want to filter for employees who live in Houston AND are in the Plumbing department.

If I filter by Houston, Plumbing then I get all employees who are in EITHER Houston OR Plumbing.

I think the AND scenario is more typical of what people will be looking for.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your support for this idea here! As support continues to mount for this idea, our development team will plan how to bring this to you in ClockShark. :)

11. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, Jordan, and for posting it so others can vote on it. We’ll keep this one under watch.

Out of curiosity, did you know that you can repeat a shift for up to 180 days out? This might be a workaround so that the next month, the same jobs are already in the calendar and you can edit them there. Feel free to let me know if that helps. Our customer success team is available at 1.800.828.0689 if you have any other questions too.

12. Custom titles in the calendar

My company does a lot of service work, small repair work that takes 1-2 hours. Its a pain to add a new job for each of these so we have a job called service work that we use when scheduling and for clocking in and out. I would be nice to add custom titles to calendar entries to have each customers name and not just the entry of service work.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, Keelan, thanks for posting this idea on our Voting Page. Getting a little more granular with how the scheduler works is a great idea. Let’s let folks add their votes to it here, and we’ll consider this in a future update! Please let us know if you have any other suggestions.

13. Review Notes

should be able to view notes after entering them

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Audra, thanks for the suggestion. Just to clarify, where would you like the notes to be visible? Employees in the app should be able to review their entered notes, and admins should find them on the website.

If you have any questions about where to find those notes in-app, feel free to give us a call @ 1.800.828.0689. We’d love to make sure that everything is working as it should for you.

14. Limit the Task drill down for Admin after Job is chosen to the specific job, currently we still have to drill down through full list

As admin editing time, we filter thought the job and select, then we have to filter thought the full company Task list also. It would be great if the task list was shortened to job specific since we already selected it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. Thanks for posting this idea here on our voting page. Currently, you can restrict certain tasks to a job, and not have to navigate through the whole list. This already exists on the mobile app, and we will be releasing this very soon on the Web Clock too, so we’ll keep you posted on that! Please let us know if you have any other suggestions!

15. Have an option for ClockShark invoices to be in Canadian dollars

Currently, all of our invoices from ClockShark are in American dollars. This creates an extra workload for those of us using the service from Canada, as (at least for us) administration needs check our credit card statement every time we receive an invoice, and create our own ClockShark invoice in Canadian $ to send to our accountant for write-off purposes. I feel like it would not be terribly difficult to implement this, and would likely save a lot of time and headache for your Canadian clients.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Angela. Thanks for sharing your idea here on our Voting Page. You make a great observation: all the invoices do currently arrive just in USD, but we will look into implementing this in other currencies in a future update. Let’s let folks vote on it here, but thank you for voicing the need for this feature. If you have any other suggestions, I’d love to hear them!

16. Over night

Over night shifts.

We complete routes that include several stops between 10:00pm and 6:00am. They are not in any particular order but it is hard because I set them up starting the day before. I hope I made this clear.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Just to confirm what you’re requesting, you need a way to schedule employees for overnight shifts, but you would like them all on a single day, instead of having to split them apart on two different days?

17. We are cleaning service company and need the ability to schedule work on reoccuring biweekly basis

We are a cleaning service company and we work all schedules, daily, weekly biweekly and monthly and we need the ability to add shift for reoccurring work. Currently the system only has daily, weekly and monthly, we need biweekly also.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, Joseph, and for posting it here so others can vote on it. We recently added those recurring schedule tags, and BiWeekly is one we do hope to include in a future update. We’ll keep you posted on the status of that update through this ticket!

18. Auto Generated Reports

automatic reporting? Meaning, I can get up a specific report to auto generate every week and email to a designated address?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

19. Hide "recently used" on app

Have a way to hide "recently used" for jobs/tasks in the app. it gets bogged down on a day to day basis showing everything i've already done

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your suggestion, Katey! That’s a recently added feature that allows users to conveniently re-select their most recent jobs. Having the ability to hide that on a user-by-user basis sounds like it could be helpful. Let’s let other users vote on it, and we’ll consider it for a future update. If you have any other questions or suggestions, feel free to let us know!

20. Automatic date change when scheduling night shifts

When scheduling graveyard shifts automatically adjust the date of the finish time of the shift instead of erroring every time especially when using the drop down tab of recent times.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base