General

We're in the process of moving our suggestions out of this "General" forum into an easier to navigate structure of forums and categories. Please leave your feedback in one of our new forums:

• ClockShark Website
  • ClockShark Mobile App
  • 3rd Party Integrations with ClockShark

Thanks for your patience as we clean things up and make your ClockShark feedback experience that much smoother!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Employee Summary Report -- Include PTO Summary at Bottom

This should include a summary below the table for PTO amounts taken by each employee...other "task types" would be helpful, too

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Attendance Policy / "Points System"

Each employee would have a set start and end time... late punches and early outs would cause the employee to accrue "points" ... very standard in manufacturing shops.
    Also, need some sort of quick "call-in" item that can be placed on an employee with a points deduction.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. phone numbers on jobs

phone customer when tech is on the way or confirming they are home.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. daily log book for admin and formen

formen to post daily job notes, be attached to the time sheet each day or attached to a job that only admin can see, so daily note are posted what went on that day or employee info, so when the days pass and we forget what happened on that particular date or way to document job site conditions to back up any problems that may occur form jobsite conditions or change orders, etc

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We would like to see an area that employee can log Perdiem for that day.

Our company travels in multiple states and would love to be able to add expenses and Perdiem to the timesheet. Even just a checkbox for there rate would be great until expense drop down menu's could be added.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Report headers and page numbers

Payroll detail report does not have headers or page number. When an employee's hours go to a second page it does not show the employee name. Page numbers is helpful to make sure that the complete report is printed. I also use this report to submit to my payroll company and page number would be helpful in verifying the complete reports was submitted to the payroll company.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Text formatting options in Notes

With notes being adjusted to 2000 character limit (would prefer Unlimited), I’d like to see the option where we can format our notes, allow us to add bold text, underline, enter image (logo, photo), custom tables (rows, tables), etc. maybe allow HTML formatting? Would love to see this data transferred into a CSV for historical records.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow hours budgets for tasks within a job.

Example:

Job: Smith, John

Task: Budget: Actual:
    Framing 50 Hours 45 Hours
    Roofing 40 Hours 55 Hours
    Drywall 20 Hours 10 Hours
    Etc, Etc...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a 'detailed description' to individual task.

It would be nice for a field employee to see a task in a specific job, such as "House - Flashing", then be able to view a detailed description of that task that further explains what is involved. E.g., "Labour for both bending/prepping flashing & installing it onto the Main House."

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a section where the employee could verify they were not hurt on the job that day

A section where workers can verify or sign off that they were not injured that day on the job before clocking out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add task dependencies and project schedule templates.

We recently had to pass up ClockShark as a viable scheduling option because we do a lot of "template" jobs with the same tasks and our dates change often. We needed the ability to copy a schedule template, leave some tasks unassigned (and be able to run an unassigned report later), and have every predecessor task move when we change the start date or a task takes longer than expected.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow for creating a report of a completed project - without the required input of a date range

Hi,
    When a similar project comes in I'd like to be able to refer back to a completed project without trying to figure out when we started or completed that previous project.
    To be able to create a job or project report summarizing the hours and notes without the date range would save me some time!!
    Thanks,
    Scott

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Mobile app and web-page real-time

Have mobile app and desktop accounts merge in real-time. Ie, have my desktop display the same time that shows when logging in through mobile app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would love to see clockshark create subtask that roll up into task that will link to a quickbooks service item.

Say you have 6 service items within quick books that you use for invoicing. As this time only one task from clock shark will link to a service item in quick books. So if i am performing several levels of billable task within a clock shark task those levels of task will not link to quick books during a sync. I don't need several service items or even track several task within quick books but i do need to be able to create a report from clock shark that breaks those task out into hourly formats.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. administrator entry of time off

I love the new time off option, however it would be helpful to administrators to be able to input time off particularly for sick time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Admins only area for call offs, special notes

I do like the idea of "notes" on the time sheet view of why an employee has no hours or low hours for a day, however, I think there should be a back side for “admins only” to view more personalized notes.
    Scenario: I'm in the office, my boss is in the field (Construction). There are call-offs almost daily. It would be nice when he looks and sees "Joe" not here, he can look at the admin only "time sheet area" and see a note that says (from me) “7:15 am Joe called and said he didn't have enough gas…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. GPS Tracking - Job Specific

I would like to have the option on each JOB to require/not require gps/location tracking (versus tracking ALL the jobs or NONE of the jobs)
    Our contractors get paid for "drive time" (example: picking equipment up from one location - taking to job site). We have jobs "drive time - pick up equipment" so the contractor knows where to go, etc. However, in order for them to clock in for that "job" gps/tracking has to be disabled in the company settings. So, since gps/location isn't required for clocking in - contractors can clock in and out wherever they want to. …

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In addition to a weekly employee report, how about a BI-WEEKLY employee report?

I pay bi-weekly. To get each employee total I print the two weekly reports and must manually add to get overall total

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be a great addition if notifications were sent when there is an attachment uploaded .

We don't physically check the time sheets everyday and sometimes pictures are uploaded and go unnoticed for weeks. If we were notified we could get them uploaded to our files right away.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. count of hours on the scheduling

Lets say I have 120 hours to use weekly. When writing the schedule it would be awesome if totaled the hours scheduled and the hours for each employee. That way I can see how many hours I have scheduled without keeping my own tally

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base