General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Job description and attachments online for non Admin employees.

Need ability for non Admin employees to see job description and attachments while working with web version. So far only admin can see as well as add and modify all job notes. Will be great to have employees able to open Job attachments on PC so they have full view of large documents.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers great support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

2. Allow hours budgets for tasks within a job.

Example:

Job: Smith, John

Task: Budget: Actual:
    Framing 50 Hours 45 Hours
    Roofing 40 Hours 55 Hours
    Drywall 20 Hours 10 Hours
    Etc, Etc...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Stop map rotation when GPSTrack animation plays

We play the GPSTrak trail animation to see where our employees were each day so we can verify that they were where they were supposed to be. As it plays, the map randomly rotates. At first, I thought it rotated in the direction of travel, but I realized that sometimes it doesn't rotate when the direction changes and sometimes the rotation has nothing to do with the direction of travel. It is super annoying and hard to look at. We have to pause the location and try to figure out where they were. It is an important feature to us…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Hi There! Thanks for sharing your suggestion for changing the GPSTrak map rotation. Since that’s a new feature, we’re eager to hear about how it’s working for our customers so we can continually improve. Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and we’ll look into this for a future feature update! :)

4. Add a 'detailed description' to individual task.

It would be nice for a field employee to see a task in a specific job, such as "House - Flashing", then be able to view a detailed description of that task that further explains what is involved. E.g., "Labour for both bending/prepping flashing & installing it onto the Main House."

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a section where the employee could verify they were not hurt on the job that day

A section where workers can verify or sign off that they were not injured that day on the job before clocking out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add task dependencies and project schedule templates.

We recently had to pass up ClockShark as a viable scheduling option because we do a lot of "template" jobs with the same tasks and our dates change often. We needed the ability to copy a schedule template, leave some tasks unassigned (and be able to run an unassigned report later), and have every predecessor task move when we change the start date or a task takes longer than expected.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow for creating a report of a completed project - without the required input of a date range

Hi,
    When a similar project comes in I'd like to be able to refer back to a completed project without trying to figure out when we started or completed that previous project.
    To be able to create a job or project report summarizing the hours and notes without the date range would save me some time!!
    Thanks,
    Scott

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reminder for lunch

Reminders to clock back in after 30 minutes of lunch

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Hey, Sean! Thanks for your suggestion here on ClockShark’s Voting Forum. A lunch reminder sounds like it could be super helpful!

Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and we’ll look to add it in a future update once it gains support! Feel free to let us know if you have any other suggestions. :)

9. Mobile app and web-page real-time

Have mobile app and desktop accounts merge in real-time. Ie, have my desktop display the same time that shows when logging in through mobile app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would love to see clockshark create subtask that roll up into task that will link to a quickbooks service item.

Say you have 6 service items within quick books that you use for invoicing. As this time only one task from clock shark will link to a service item in quick books. So if i am performing several levels of billable task within a clock shark task those levels of task will not link to quick books during a sync. I don't need several service items or even track several task within quick books but i do need to be able to create a report from clock shark that breaks those task out into hourly formats.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. administrator entry of time off

I love the new time off option, however it would be helpful to administrators to be able to input time off particularly for sick time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Admins only area for call offs, special notes

I do like the idea of "notes" on the time sheet view of why an employee has no hours or low hours for a day, however, I think there should be a back side for “admins only” to view more personalized notes.
    Scenario: I'm in the office, my boss is in the field (Construction). There are call-offs almost daily. It would be nice when he looks and sees "Joe" not here, he can look at the admin only "time sheet area" and see a note that says (from me) “7:15 am Joe called and said he didn't have enough gas…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. GPS Tracking - Job Specific

I would like to have the option on each JOB to require/not require gps/location tracking (versus tracking ALL the jobs or NONE of the jobs)
    Our contractors get paid for "drive time" (example: picking equipment up from one location - taking to job site). We have jobs "drive time - pick up equipment" so the contractor knows where to go, etc. However, in order for them to clock in for that "job" gps/tracking has to be disabled in the company settings. So, since gps/location isn't required for clocking in - contractors can clock in and out wherever they want to. …

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In addition to a weekly employee report, how about a BI-WEEKLY employee report?

I pay bi-weekly. To get each employee total I print the two weekly reports and must manually add to get overall total

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be a great addition if notifications were sent when there is an attachment uploaded .

We don't physically check the time sheets everyday and sometimes pictures are uploaded and go unnoticed for weeks. If we were notified we could get them uploaded to our files right away.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. count of hours on the scheduling

Lets say I have 120 hours to use weekly. When writing the schedule it would be awesome if totaled the hours scheduled and the hours for each employee. That way I can see how many hours I have scheduled without keeping my own tally

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Carplay

Carplay support world be great. As someone who does service work where it is illegal to touch a mobile device while driving, this would be a good send.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Auto clock out notification for employees, not just admins

When an employee forgets to or the app fails to process a clock out, they are automatically clocked out after 23 hours. (Yes, the app fails to clock people out quite often.) Administrators receive emails when this happens but I would love to have an app notification sent directly to the employee. Employees often fail to check their timesheets in the mornings to make sure they got clocked out the day before. A notification sent directly to them through the app will help with individual accountability because they will see it before they clock in and will be able to…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Custom Reports

Allow an option for setting up a custom report. I want to be able to spit out my employees time sheets in a certain order like by day with job number, task, total time that day for that task, and then a sum total of the hours worked that day as well as a week total. Right now I have to get an excel file from clock shark and then convert formats and copy and paste it into a excel template I've made. It's very time consuming.

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base