ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Modify budget hours with CO as those come up

Each job has original budgeted hours. In our case we deal with a lot of scope changes and change orders. Would love to see budgeted hours section expanded to add hours and notes as change orders are issued.

Other part is to add functionality for tasks and allowed hours for specific tasks which would/could tie in to Change Order as a task and budgeted hours for it.

Having budgeted hours as a whole when you have 15 or 50 tasks is not that helpful.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Pawel, thanks for giving us your feedback!

I really like this and I think incorporating optional tasks to more effectively track change orders could be a really valuable resource for lots of companies.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the support and votes coming and we will build this!

2. PTO needs a way to report on balances per employee

It would be helpful to be able to pull a report that shows the current balances for an employee for each policy they are enrolled in. Also, the new PTO report is great, but what it lacks is a running balance alongside the list of approved PTO requests. For example, on a bank statement, with each transaction you can follow it to see how the debit affects the balance. If this sort of detail were simply included in the current report it would be very helpful to be able to understand how specific requests affected the history of the balance…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid Time Off (PTO)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing your feedback and idea with us!

Glad to hear you like the new PTO report. I can definitely see how this kind of transaction list with requests and accrual would be really useful for admins and employees both. The report is meant purely for historical purposes, but I could see this idea as an additional feature.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

3. Allow the users to download lists of the current active employees, jobs, and tasks.

From the website, being able to download CSV lists of the current active employees (maybe name and email listed), as well as jobs (with name, number, address, description), and tasks (name and number). This would be a super quick and easy way to view everything in the system and not miss anything.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This currently an option if you contact our support team, they will be able to get you all this information!

But I think this would be a really valuable resource if the user could do this. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

4. Send Text MSG to customers when workers are on the way

When the employee starts to a customers house notify the customer with a text msg stating employee's name with "Company" is on the way.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Jessica, thanks for providing your feedback with us! I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this.

5. Messaging Employees in real time

I have mentioned this before but was seeing if there was an update of sorts. I manually moved time from clock shark to our accounting system since the two do not talk to each other. I spend hours each week doing so. With employees forgetting to clock in, coding incorrectly, not clocking in, etc I spend an insane amount of time trying to get with the employee to fix that day so I have correct hours. A messaging system in the app that notifies the employee they have time errors would be helpful. Email and text is another solution that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Temperature Tracking with Clock In Questions

Please create something so we can track temps of our technicians. With COVID19 continuing to impact businesses and certain cities requiring businesses to track all temperatures of those coming on site. This would be a huge help to all of us I think. It could be as elaborate as tying the temp to each job so we can run a report on the job details that would show a column for temp that the technician put in. Or as simple as a clock in question (much like the clock out questions) and have it ask or let us create our…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Molly thanks for providing your feedback with this idea! This is something that has been brought up and we are looking into ways we can adapt our Clock Out Questions to be used in this situation.

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With limited work time though and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let’s keep the votes coming and we will build this!

7. Allow foreman scheduled to see employees who they are scheduled with

Allow a Foreman/Employee scheduled to see his scheduled crew from his employee schedule tab.

A foreman/employee can currently see from his schedule

"Schedule Note"
    "Job Description" &
    "Attachments"

Please add a tab to view Employee/Crew Scheduled for this Shift

"Who's Scheduled?"

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Jonathan, a new feature we added allows you to view the schedule on the mobile app by job. This way the crew leader would be able to see everyone scheduled at once for a specific job. Do you think that adequately fills this need?

8. pto

Have more option for when we set up PTO policy. I want to give our employees 8 hours of pto when it is their birthday. Currently you can select Anniversary but it would be nice to have an option for Birthday or better yet let us set up a criteria.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Pop up comments bubbles

Being able to click the blue message symbol and have a pop up bubble with what the message says would be handy instead of having to open that days time. not all messages refer to correcting time and it is easy when I do not have different codes to run through the week when doing time. I have to manually transfer timecards to our account system for 33 people and when I have to manually check each day back and forth it is time consuming when the site has to load back and forth.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create a job wage for Prevailing Wage jobs or multiple rates for each employee to accommodate for Prevailing Wages

We do several Prevailing wage jobs each week and I have no way of changing the payroll reports to the correct wage automatically in your program. It would be nice to be able to either have a "Job Wage" because all my guys make the same wage for certain Prevailing Wage jobs. I know I'm not the only one who has to deal with Prevailing Wage so I'm sure it would help a lot of payroll people.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Toni, thank you so much for your idea and feedback.

Makes a lot sense and I’m sure there are others that could get benefit out of this as well. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

11. Running a report in job screen

It would be nice to run a report without having to go to "Reports". It would be very convenient if you could run a report from the 3 dot menu next to a job and/or within the job view. The report could be a simple 365 day report.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback Dylan!

I could definitely see this being useful and I think there is a lot we could expand on there.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

12. Set each employee's availability

Set schedule availability for each employee so they aren't able to be scheduled on unavailable days/times

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thanks for the great feedback and ideas! I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

13. Allow the job budget to be comprised of sub-budgets or task budgets

That way you could have a project or job with a budget of 500 hours, but 100 of that is budgeted to planning, while another 100 is budgeting for electrical work, etc.

As the work gets done you can see the progress of all the items getting done as well as the total progress. Notifications would be great as well!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

14. Assign Employees to a Job

It would be nice to be able to assign employees to certain jobs. Our company is setup in such a way that we have account managers and project managers. It would be beneficial to assign employees to a job so that an employee could see a list of the jobs they are part of. It could be a drop down field similar to what you have now with "Stage", "Customer", and "Active/Inactive/All Jobs".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Dylan, thanks for sharing you feedback with us!

We actually do have a system to assign employees to a job. If you navigate to the settings for a job, you’ll see a section titled “Access Control.” Here you can limit which employees can view and clock into this job. You can also limit which tasks can be used for that job.

Here is a help article that goes over everything in a little more detail. Let me know if you need anything else!

http://help.clockshark.com/en/articles/1882302-limit-access-to-jobs-and-tasks

15. Change the Break Button so one can choose between Paid Meal Break (Duration: 30 min) & Paid Rest Break (Duration: 15 min)

Would like to schedule breaks when scheduling each shift. Should have drop down boxes to allow flexibility in nominating Meal Break and Rest Break (no need to have Lunch Break as only applies during the day). As different companies / countries / states have different laws drop down boxes to select the length of the breaks would be better. Auto breaks don't work for us as each employee needs to be able to start and finish their breaks as their work allows. As we need to be available during breaks, if called away can resume break when free to do…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for providing your feedback with us!

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

16. Getting a report for a job and task

We do onsite servicing and I use the job list to record equipment we work on - my tasks show what we did
    I need a report that I can get a certain task we performed on a job
    Instead of having to run a job report and hunt for the task

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Sue, I do have some good news, we are actually coming out with a report shortly called the “Quick Summary Report” that will allow you to pull information totals from Customers, Jobs, Employees, Tasks, or a combination of them all. So this will be able to do what you are looking for. The one catch, is that this report won’t include all of the shift details and notes like the Job Details report has.

So that may be useful, but the next step would be to improve the filtering for the current reports to include that second level of selection.

17. Download schedule data as CSV .

Would like to be able to filter schedule by job and employee and download into CSV.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing your idea and feedback with us Joan!

We don’t have a CSV option for the schedules yet, but on the schedules page, right next to the week view drop down, there is a print button. You can use this button to obviously print but also you can use it to save the schedule as a PDF file to your computer.

The CSV would definitely be a little bit easier to customize exactly how you want it, but the PDF is better than a screenshot a lot of times.

18. PTO - able to enter in hours and minutes

We run a 7.6-hour day and no rounding of hours, but I can only allocate annual leave, sick leave and unpaid leave in increments of 30 mins, so I cannot enter this time off correctly. If an employee becomes sick part way through the day, I will have to add some minutes to there day to be able to enter sick leave and have the hours equal 7.6 – tedious work.

I would like to have time off to allocate hours and minutes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Ray, thanks for providing your feedback to us!

We are going to be rolling out 15 minute increments for the PTO selection soon to better work with rounded time which I know won’t solve your issue.

19. Pay rate report

Pay rate report needs detail hours of employee besides dollar amount

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Juan, thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Seems like this could be solved either by providing more details on the Pay Rate report like you were saying or by providing the total amount of dollars on the Timesheets report since that has the rest.

20. See more than one timesheet at a time on the mobile app

I know that visual space is always an issue on mobile apps, but it would be helpful to be able to see all of the timesheets that I have access to at one time on the mobile app, similar to the way it's shown on the desktop. Currently, I have to click on each individual employee to view their timesheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Gururas, thanks for sharing your feedback and idea with us!

Visual space is the main limiter there like you said. One thing you can do though is open the website through your mobile browser to get that same view. This can be really useful with a tablet as well.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let’s see if we can get some more votes!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base