ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow notes to be added to the calendar.

We want to put notes on certain days. Would be really helpful to be able to put it in.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Trent, thanks sharing your idea with us.

Just had a couple questions to clarify. Are you just wanting to put a note on the schedule? Would it be associated with an employee and a day?

Would this be visible to the employee, admin only? Any other details for what you are looking for would be really useful, thanks!

2. calendar with holiday

I noticed when I am going to schedule, there are no days marked that legal holidays fall on. So I don't schedule work on days people are closed
    IE Thanksgiving, Christmas , New Years, etc

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey James, thank you for sharing your feedback and idea with us.

That is a good idea and something that would help a lot of companies.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

3. Allow the job budget to be comprised of sub-budgets or task budgets

That way you could have a project or job with a budget of 500 hours, but 100 of that is budgeted to planning, while another 100 is budgeting for electrical work, etc.

As the work gets done you can see the progress of all the items getting done as well as the total progress. Notifications would be great as well!

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

4. Modify budget hours with CO as those come up

Each job has original budgeted hours. In our case we deal with a lot of scope changes and change orders. Would love to see budgeted hours section expanded to add hours and notes as change orders are issued.

Other part is to add functionality for tasks and allowed hours for specific tasks which would/could tie in to Change Order as a task and budgeted hours for it.

Having budgeted hours as a whole when you have 15 or 50 tasks is not that helpful.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Pawel, thanks for giving us your feedback!

I really like this and I think incorporating optional tasks to more effectively track change orders could be a really valuable resource for lots of companies.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the support and votes coming and we will build this!

5. Filter by Department

Currently the jobs can be filtered by Stage, Customer and Status. Can you please add a filter by department? Many thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Angela, thanks for sharing this idea with us!

I think this could be a really valuable tool where you can quickly find the jobs that a department/location has access to.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

6. "Taken" time off report.

Please create a report that can be generated to show time off "Taken". Currently you can only see "Approved" time which in reality may not have been taken by the employee due to cancelation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This one is technically possible. Our “Taken” status is actually the same as our “Approved” status but the date is in the past.

So if you run the Time Off report for the last month until today, and run it just for the “Approved” status, you should only see Taken requests. The one caveat is if there today happens to fall on an in progress request, that will still show up as Approved.

But we can make this process a little easier as well, thanks for the feedback!

7. Be able to switch schedule views without having to go to the current week.

Currently if you change views (Employee / Jobs) in the schedules page you need to be on the current week. if you change it in the past or future weeks the dates are incorrect. Please consider correcting this bug so you can easily switch views as needed without backtracking.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey again Michael, thanks for all the ideas and feedback.

I know this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies.

I will bring this to our team so we can discuss it for future projects. We can take a look at our scheduler and see what improvements we can make.

8. Missed clock in notifications to Admins

CS currently has a notification only after 4 hours of a missing clock in. Can this be adjusted? In heath care, we can not wait 4 hours to be notified that an employee has not clocked in. Start it at 5 minutes late. Would be nice to also have push notifications and not just the email option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Krystal, thanks for sharing your feedback and idea with us!

Being able to adjust these notifications would be a great addition. As well as more control over what types of notifications they send and who receives them.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this.

9. Add a location pulldown when selecting job and task

We don't want to use geo-fencing but need to track employee locations for tax purposes. Currently we have rolled location into our tasks (jobsite - installation vs shop - installation), but it would be great to have a separate pulldown where an employee could select their location.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us Sasha.

I can see how this would be useful in many different situations. Having that third level of tracking could help break things down even more.

10. Ability to reorder jobs after the scheduling with drag and drop

When I drag and drop jobs to the schedule it would be great if they stayed in the order I drag them over and not rearrange themselves alphabetically or numerically. I list my jobs as addresses. A lot of time there is no set time for completion of a job, just once the employees are done they proceed to the next job. So if I have a job at 4 Main St And 9 White St in my job list, I drag 9 White St over to the employee schedule for them to go to that job first, then I…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there, thanks for sharing this idea with us!

The calendar will automatically go by the schedule times, but when the time matches (like with all day shifts), then the calendar is alphabetized. This is a great idea and would allow users to create more of a scheduled flow rather than having to edit the job name or put in start/end times.

I will bring this to our team so we can discuss it for future projects. Since we have tons of ideas, we tend to prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

11. Add worker names when looking at jobs

When looking at a job, the employees or workers that worked the job should be able to show up to see who worked at that job.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Lilian, thanks for sharing your idea with us!

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. There are definitely some other helpful things we could build that are similar.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will get built, so please keep voting!

12. Lock the Header menu so it follows you down the page

May be a trivial issue, but locking the header so I can see and select timesheet, schedule, reports, admin, etc. if I'm at the very bottom of viewing timesheets for "z" employee (on view timesheet) without scrolling AAAALLLLLL the way to the top of the page to select another task. Just like locking a row/header in excel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Beverley, thanks for sharing your feedback and idea.

I think that is a great idea that could be useful for everyone in lots of different situations!

13. PLEASE Allow Managers to add employees with out Admin access

PLEASE Allow Managers to add employees so we can still have limited access and not have to give them admin. My HR department is paid Hourly. In order for me to allow them to onboard and add an employee I have to give them Admin access which won't restrict them from changing their own hours! This is a huge flaw! Please change!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Jordan, thanks for sharing your feedback and idea with us!

You are correct about the current functionality, we definitely want to improve how our permissions work.

Always keep in mind that with our audit log you can see who added time and review it to make any needed changes.

14. When searching for a Job that all information is there from employees on the field too.

Right now if I want to see information on a job - the only info I can see is what I upload for the employee to see. I'd like to see notes, pictures, and time worked on this job under the job as a whole.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Brenda, thanks for your feedback and idea.

The good news some of this is possible! With our new Conversations feature, both admins and employees can communicate via comments on a Job, upload attachments and photos, mention each, and get notified about Jobs they follow. Check out this help article to learn more: https://help.clockshark.com/en/articles/4622657-how-to-use-conversations-on-the-web

There are still more areas to add as you mentioned. I will bring this to our team so we can discuss it for future projects. Since we have tons of ideas, we tend to prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

15. Selecting multiple tasks when assigning a shift

When adding a shift it only allows for one task to be selected. It would be nice to be able to select multiple tasks to be completed throughout the duration of the shift.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Mike, thanks for sharing your feedback and idea with us.

Just as a follow-up question, what kind of things are these tasks usually? Is it more like a to-do list or checklist of things they are marking off as complete?

Or is it just something else you want the hours allocated to? Something like additional equipment?

Any additional information or examples would be much appreciated, thanks!

16. It would be great to be able to run a report to see which access controls are assigned to employees.

Be able to run a report that would show which tasks are assigned to an employee. Presently you can only see if they punch in with that task. I am currently having to go task by task to see who is assigned. Not all employees use a task daily when clocking.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thanks for your feedback and votes on this idea!

I definitely think it would be really useful to gain quick access to see who has access to what. That way you would be able to see who has access to certain Jobs and Tasks, or even vice versa.

17. Audit reports that shows when Admin has to edit by employee

For instance, now the Audit report now only shows when time is approved listing the employees' names. It would good to see when the timesheet entries are edited by employee or for which employee was edited. (We want to keep track of who is using the app correctly for bonus purposes without having to write it down every time) Few edits by admin vs. a lot or all the time = lazy) ;)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Christina thanks for reaching out to us with your idea!

I can definitely see how this could be used to increase efficiency among other things. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

18. More Options on the Scheduling Page

There are a lot of work arounds for my suggestion but all are TIME CONSUMING.
    - Customer information attached to the job should be accessible.
    - Ability to change the color within the schedule without having to go to the "Jobs" box on the left, which is supposed to be the most recently scheduled jobs but it never is. The work around is to filter, but you leave the schedule page and that filter is gone.
    - Attach files
    - Change job status, currently to do this you have to go to the jobs tab, doesnt seem time consuming but…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing all of your feedback with us, it is very useful as we continue to improve ClockShark. Like you noted, there are work arounds for a lot of these ideas but none are too pleasing to use.

I added your votes for existing ideas, but left this up for new ideas, specifically the opting out of start/end time. Does the “all day” shift work for you in this situation or what else would you like to see?

19. Separate Admin Permissions

I can't allow my scheduler access to all the employee data just so they can sync a new client to QuickBooks. Currently the scheduler has to come to a manager to sync new client information from QB to Clockshark. This needs to be separated so the scheduler can sync in order to schedule a new client immediately. It holds the whole process up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Andrea, thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

At the moment, only admins are able to view the Integration settings, mappings, create a new one, etc. But a new manager permission of something like “Manage Integrations” would be beneficial so that they can access this information but not get free reign around everything else on the website.

20. Multiple Corporations Access

To allow the ability for multiple companies that work together as a unit to have a drop down box to be able to select the company everyone in working for for the day but keep all hours for that week manageable on one time card.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey JasMaine, thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

I think we can definitely do a better job of accommodating companies with this kind of situation, whether it is combining them, allowing for easy switching, or even something else.

Since we have tons of ideas, we tend to prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base