ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Modify budget hours with CO as those come up

Each job has original budgeted hours. In our case we deal with a lot of scope changes and change orders. Would love to see budgeted hours section expanded to add hours and notes as change orders are issued.

Other part is to add functionality for tasks and allowed hours for specific tasks which would/could tie in to Change Order as a task and budgeted hours for it.

Having budgeted hours as a whole when you have 15 or 50 tasks is not that helpful.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Pawel, thanks for giving us your feedback!

I really like this and I think incorporating optional tasks to more effectively track change orders could be a really valuable resource for lots of companies.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the support and votes coming and we will build this!

2. calendar with holiday

I noticed when I am going to schedule, there are no days marked that legal holidays fall on. So I don't schedule work on days people are closed
    IE Thanksgiving, Christmas , New Years, etc

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey James, thank you for sharing your feedback and idea with us.

That is a good idea and something that would help a lot of companies.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

3. It would be great to be able to run a report to see which access controls are assigned to employees.

Be able to run a report that would show which tasks are assigned to an employee. Presently you can only see if they punch in with that task. I am currently having to go task by task to see who is assigned. Not all employees use a task daily when clocking.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thanks for your feedback and votes on this idea!

I definitely think it would be really useful to gain quick access to see who has access to what. That way you would be able to see who has access to certain Jobs and Tasks, or even vice versa.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

4. Audit reports that shows when Admin has to edit by employee

For instance, now the Audit report now only shows when time is approved listing the employees' names. It would good to see when the timesheet entries are edited by employee or for which employee was edited. (We want to keep track of who is using the app correctly for bonus purposes without having to write it down every time) Few edits by admin vs. a lot or all the time = lazy) ;)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Christina thanks for reaching out to us with your idea!

I can definitely see how this could be used to increase efficiency among other things. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

5. Selecting multiple tasks when assigning a shift

When adding a shift it only allows for one task to be selected. It would be nice to be able to select multiple tasks to be completed throughout the duration of the shift.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Mike, thanks for sharing your feedback and idea with us.

Just as a follow-up question, what kind of things are these tasks usually? Is it more like a to-do list or checklist of things they are marking off as complete?

Or is it just something else you want the hours allocated to? Something like additional equipment?

Any additional information or examples would be much appreciated, thanks!

6. More Options on the Scheduling Page

There are a lot of work arounds for my suggestion but all are TIME CONSUMING.
    - Customer information attached to the job should be accessible.
    - Ability to change the color within the schedule without having to go to the "Jobs" box on the left, which is supposed to be the most recently scheduled jobs but it never is. The work around is to filter, but you leave the schedule page and that filter is gone.
    - Attach files
    - Change job status, currently to do this you have to go to the jobs tab, doesnt seem time consuming but…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing all of your feedback with us, it is very useful as we continue to improve ClockShark. Like you noted, there are work arounds for a lot of these ideas but none are too pleasing to use.

I added your votes for existing ideas, but left this up for new ideas, specifically the opting out of start/end time. Does the “all day” shift work for you in this situation or what else would you like to see?

7. Get rid of the end of a job requirement to allow jobs to repeat indefinitely

I have a senior care business and unless we lose a client or an employee the job doesn't end. I end up forgetting to go in and reschedule the job so then it just disappears off the schedule.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Jessica, thanks for providing your feedback with us!

I think this could be really useful for lots of different companies and work flows. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

8. Setting overtime rates for specified shift times in the day

Having more options for overtime pay and rates would make it easier to manage payroll. We have some work that has to be completed outside of normal working hours, this means that we have to work night shifts which come with a specific overtime rate (based on the hours of work). Being able set an overtime rate linked to specific working hour, between 20:00 - 06:00 for example, would be more useful than simply being able to set a rate for working over 8 hours a day.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Adrian, thanks for providing your feedback with us.

I think this could help a lot of different companies with lots of different workflows and industries. However, with limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

9. PTO needs a way to report on balances per employee

It would be helpful to be able to pull a report that shows the current balances for an employee for each policy they are enrolled in. Also, the new PTO report is great, but what it lacks is a running balance alongside the list of approved PTO requests. For example, on a bank statement, with each transaction you can follow it to see how the debit affects the balance. If this sort of detail were simply included in the current report it would be very helpful to be able to understand how specific requests affected the history of the balance…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid Time Off (PTO)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing your feedback and idea with us!

Glad to hear you like the new PTO report. I can definitely see how this kind of transaction list with requests and accrual would be really useful for admins and employees both. The report is meant purely for historical purposes, but I could see this idea as an additional feature.

10. GPSTrack does not indicate coordinates.

GPSTrack does not indicate coordinates. With TSheets we used It is a a safety feature and a way of confirmation of the employees location. We compare against our dispatched coordinates for the exact location.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Steve, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. I can definitely see this as a useful addition for users.

11. Add worker names when looking at jobs

When looking at a job, the employees or workers that worked the job should be able to show up to see who worked at that job.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Lilian, thanks for sharing your idea with us!

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. There are definitely some other helpful things we could build that are similar.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will get built, so please keep voting!

12. Add Cumulative totals

On the job summary report, add a column of cumulative totals in addition to date range selected. Example, i want to see hours used per job during last pay period, but would be great to also see total hours for that job.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey again Cheryl, thanks for sharing your feedback and a specific example as well.

This is an interesting idea that could be looked at in a lot of different ways.

Let’s get some more support for this idea and we can explore it.

13. Add a filter on job search

When viewing jobs on admin screen, add a filter of "location" to show all jobs assigned to a specific location

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Cheryl, thanks for sharing this idea with us!

I think this could be a really valuable tool where you can quickly find the jobs that a department/location has access to.

14. Ability to update comments without clocking out or switching

Ability to update comments without clocking out or switching

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Automatically set focus on search box input when you visit customer/job/task pages

Every Click counts. Automatically set focus on search box input when you visit customer/job/task pages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Put an icon on the web app's menu bar to go straight to Customer Search

I manage Customers and Jobs. I must click "ADMIN>" then "Customers" a hundred times a day. It would be wonderful to have a hot-key and/or icon on the main screen. Thx

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there, thanks for sharing!

I think this could be really useful to be able to navigate directly to another Job, Customer, etc from any page.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

17. Task visual aid on Timesheets

We would like to be able to see what task the employee worked during the shift. So we can focus on certain task to review easier then having to look through each employee. For example we would like to focus first on those employees that worked under the task "drive time" in the week.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Robert, thanks for sharing your idea and feedback.

Creating a “task view” of the timesheets I think could be a great addition for digging into new information.

18. Add FAX for type of contact phone number

Add FAX for type of contact phone number

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Mark, thanks for sharing your idea and feedback with us!

We do have the “other” as an option for phone numbers, but I will talk to my team if we can add a “fax” label as well.

19. Be able to change the job stage directly from the schedules page

Change job status, currently to do this you have to go to the jobs tab, doesnt seem time consuming but it is when you have the same customers who have multiple service calls a month, so I would like to be able to change job status for the specific service call not as a whole for the job.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

20. The option to make a job inactive only for the employees view yet keep it active for the admin. until we make it inactive for both

It would be nice to be able to inactivate a job so that it isn't listed any more on the job list but still active for the admin. so that billing can be done at a later date. We invoice out a couple times a month and some times there are many jobs that get added to the job list that the employees then have to figure out where and what the job is that they are looking for.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the additional information, I think this makes a lot of sense and would definitely help other users with a similar workflow.

One thing that might help people in the short term is our feature last of Job Stages. This allows you to custom create a set of stages that your Jobs go through so you can better keep track of them. So in this particular case, you could create a stage called “Ready for Billing” that you apply to these jobs so you can quickly filter for them on the Jobs Page.

You would still have to inactivate the Job to hide it from the employees though, so it isn’t a perfect solution.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base