ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow the users to download lists of the current active employees, jobs, and tasks.

From the website, being able to download CSV lists of the current active employees (maybe name and email listed), as well as jobs (with name, number, address, description), and tasks (name and number). This would be a super quick and easy way to view everything in the system and not miss anything.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow foreman scheduled to see employees who they are scheduled with

Allow a Foreman/Employee scheduled to see his scheduled crew from his employee schedule tab.

A foreman/employee can currently see from his schedule

"Schedule Note"
    "Job Description" &
    "Attachments"

Please add a tab to view Employee/Crew Scheduled for this Shift

"Who's Scheduled?"

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Jonathan, a new feature we added allows you to view the schedule on the mobile app by job. This way the crew leader would be able to see everyone scheduled at once for a specific job. Do you think that adequately fills this need?

3. Set each employee's availability

Set schedule availability for each employee so they aren't able to be scheduled on unavailable days/times

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thanks for the great feedback and ideas! I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

4. Allow me to edit a start time while the employee is clocked in. It would save me having to keep a paper trail until the end of the day.

Allow me to edit a start time while the employee is clocked in. It would save me having to keep a paper trail until the end of the day.

184 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Invoice

If this had the ability to make an invoice that integrated with Quick Books that would be awesome. Right now we have to use a separate ap for that.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Saving filters

When applying filters,make a way to save your filters. After applying filters, when you click on something else in ClockShark then go back you need to make your filters again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Select multiple employees at the same time to change schedule or drag to new time

I cannot select multiple employees on the same day of the calendar to update their task. If a project changes and I have three people on the project I have to go in to each of their tasks and update individually. As such I cant select multiple employees and drag them at the same time

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Maya, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies and should definitely be a part of a future scheduler update. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

8. when employees are notified about schedule changes, actually let them know what changed. Not just a blank statement of change.

When we click the tab to notify employees of schedule changes, it would be nice if the notice would include what date(s) actually changed on their schedule. Presently, they get a generic notice that just says there was a change.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Andy, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

9. Create a biweekly report for payoll

I would like a report that has job totals for a two week period. Currently, I have to print two week reports and add them together. Also, this should be able to be downloaded loaded in a “pretty” report that I do not have to manipulate before working on it.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Alisa, thanks for sharing your idea and providing a space for people to vote and comment.

Just to get some more feedback, are you referring to the timesheets reports or something else? Are you wanting this on one piece of paper, or one week per page?

Also to William’s point, this option is coming back soon!

10. ClockShark Questions to Specific Employees or Employment Tiers

I am so happy clockshark questions was added, however, I don't think it went far enough. I would love the ability to provide specific questionairres to only my managers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Let employees see their timesheet in Kiosk mode

I love kiosk mode, it saves time and so easy now. But the employee is not able to check previous days time. They would like to check their previous days to be sure they are in the correct job and have the correct time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Can you add a button to jump from one employee to the next one from within the window where we edit the daily or weekly timesheet?

Can you add a "jump" button that allows us to cycle through our employee list from person to person from within the time sheet individuall editing window? This would speed up our daily review of labor entries by allowing us to proceed quickly from one employee to the next. Perhaps in addition you could create an option to choose a specific employee from a drop down list allowing us to jump out of listed/alphabetical order in case we need to reference another person on the same team?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a user who can manage and view (bookkeeper or other) but who doesnt use clocking in/out and therefor, is not a billed user each month.

Instead of having to give my admin log in to a bookkeeper or to another non-clocking in/out user AND instead of me having to print and send reports to a manager who doesnt clock in/out or to a bookkeeper - allow us to add a "manager" type user who can see info, reports etc. but who we dont have to pay for each month as fi they were clocking in and out.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Summarize the Jobs worked on Employee Details

The Job Details report has a summary section at the end of the page for each Job that shows the employees who worked and the total hours each employee worked for that Job. I would love to see the same level of detail on the Employee Details report that would show the number of hours the employee worked for each Job for that date period. As a small company I have to manually accumulate the employee hours worked for entry in each Job's invoice and then input them into an Invoice. Having the total hours worked for each Job would…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please bring back the option to click last two weeks when printing Employee Timesheets.

It was easier to click on last two weeks then looking at the calendar and remembering the last pay period. I never had to "think" about it before and made things go really fast. Would like to see that option brought back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Why can't I customize my interface?

Why can't I change the default filters and views on my account? You keep changing them with "improvements" making the website much more annoying and difficult to use. For instance, why can't I set "All Jobs" as the default view in the Admin>Jobs interface? Why can't I select ALL Active Jobs in the scheduling interface, not just recently scheduled or recently activated?
    Shouldn't be that hard to change and make a more user friendly interface.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make the taks something you assign per job. So it automatically populates when they put the job name in

Make the Task field something you setup when you create the job. When the employee chooses the job name, it will automatically populate the task field that is associated with that job. My crew doesn't know the task when I give them the job they are going too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Kari, thanks for you sharing your idea with the community!

You cannot create a task right when you create a job, but you can assign a task to a job right then. If you only one task to a job when you are creating it, then it will be autoselected when they select that job as they are clocking in!

18. Automatic Meal Breaks: Allow feature to customize which hr the employee takes their meal break

Our employees take their meal breaks at their 4th hour worked. Currently the auto meal break feature time stamps their meal break at 12 pm - 12:30 pm as our auto meal break is set for 30 minutes. We love the auto meal break feature, but our crew starts early at 6:30 am and the meal break is applied at the incorrect time for them. We then need to update each employee's meal break for each employee manually to correct the time the meal break was taken. It would be great if it is possible to set at which hour…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

19. Reciepts & Pics Section

Have a section for receipts and another section for pictures of the jobs their on

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Travis, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

Just to gather some more feedback, are you wanting the employees to have two separate attachment sections essentially. One just for receipts, and one for the other photos they take?

Or are you wanting them to be able to view photos associated with that job and also have them be able to upload their own photos?

20. When an employee completes a job/task can they mark as complete or put a checkmark or have it disappear from their schedule?

When an employee completes a job/task can they mark as complete or put a checkmark or have it disappear from their schedule?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base