ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow the users to download lists of the current active employees, jobs, and tasks.

From the website, being able to download CSV lists of the current active employees (maybe name and email listed), as well as jobs (with name, number, address, description), and tasks (name and number). This would be a super quick and easy way to view everything in the system and not miss anything.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This currently an option if you contact our support team, they will be able to get you all this information!

But I think this would be a really valuable resource if the user could do this. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

2. Allow foreman scheduled to see employees who they are scheduled with

Allow a Foreman/Employee scheduled to see his scheduled crew from his employee schedule tab.

A foreman/employee can currently see from his schedule

"Schedule Note"
    "Job Description" &
    "Attachments"

Please add a tab to view Employee/Crew Scheduled for this Shift

"Who's Scheduled?"

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Jonathan, a new feature we added allows you to view the schedule on the mobile app by job. This way the crew leader would be able to see everyone scheduled at once for a specific job. Do you think that adequately fills this need?

3. Create a job wage for Prevailing Wage jobs or multiple rates for each employee to accommodate for Prevailing Wages

We do several Prevailing wage jobs each week and I have no way of changing the payroll reports to the correct wage automatically in your program. It would be nice to be able to either have a "Job Wage" because all my guys make the same wage for certain Prevailing Wage jobs. I know I'm not the only one who has to deal with Prevailing Wage so I'm sure it would help a lot of payroll people.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Toni, thank you so much for your idea and feedback.

Makes a lot sense and I’m sure there are others that could get benefit out of this as well. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

4. Set each employee's availability

Set schedule availability for each employee so they aren't able to be scheduled on unavailable days/times

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thanks for the great feedback and ideas! I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

5. Download schedule data as CSV .

Would like to be able to filter schedule by job and employee and download into CSV.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing your idea and feedback with us Joan!

We don’t have a CSV option for the schedules yet, but on the schedules page, right next to the week view drop down, there is a print button. You can use this button to obviously print but also you can use it to save the schedule as a PDF file to your computer.

The CSV would definitely be a little bit easier to customize exactly how you want it, but the PDF is better than a screenshot a lot of times.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

6. Field Input for Scheduling for Administrators and Employees

Put a field in the scheduling that would let administrators put in notes, pics and files that could be seen by the employee and field for the employee to put notes and pics.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Kevin, thanks for sharing your idea!

Just wanted to grab some more details here. The schedules do currently have an area for the admin to provide notes for the employee. And the employee can edit those notes if they have the correct permission, or they can just leave a note on their timesheets.

The only thing that we don’t have currently is the ability to add files/attachments to the schedule notes. So that would definitely be an improvement!

Is there anything else I am not understanding though?

7. Term or Layoff dates

We would like to be able to add an employees "term" or layoff date to their profile when they are deactivated, not just deactivate an employee without crucial information.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Gina, thanks for sharing this idea with us.

This could be a great way to have a quick record of when certain important events happen. We prioritize everything based on the amount of support it is receiving, so please keep voting!

8. Admin only notes

Currently there is one type of note, which is viewable by both admins and by employees. It would be nice to have a second type of note available, ONLY viewable by admins. This would allow admins to make confidential notes for that employee's entry for that day, that may contain sensitive information which that specific employee is not privy to.

(I posted this new idea recently and for some reason it was moved to a comment on a completely different idea that was not at all what I am suggesting here)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey again! That was me that merged your idea with the other idea so I might not be fully understanding this. I know you want the idea of an “admin only” note that they could view on the timesheets.

Would this be attached to the employee’s shift itself, or as a standalone note with no time associated with it. Almost like you could just put an admin only sticky note on the timesheets page. Something like on the 1/31/2020 timesheet for John Smith “John’s car broke down today, he won’t be in till 3 pm.”

Or would you like an admin only note that could be both associated with or without a time segment? Thanks for more information!

9. Admin flags

Allow admins an option to flag individual days for specific employees with customized alerts, and have these flags be searchable. For instance, every time an employee is late, an admin could create a flag with an alert using the keyword "LATE". The admin could then search through a specified date range to find all instances where this flag had been added to the employee's times.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there, thanks for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

We are currently in the process of building a report that does something very similar. This report would be able to give you all the notifications like “late in”, “missing clock out”, “out of bounds”, etc. for certain employees and days.

10. Invoice

If this had the ability to make an invoice that integrated with Quick Books that would be awesome. Right now we have to use a separate ap for that.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thanks for all the votes and support for this idea.

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

11. Allow me to edit a start time while the employee is clocked in. It would save me having to keep a paper trail until the end of the day.

Allow me to edit a start time while the employee is clocked in. It would save me having to keep a paper trail until the end of the day.

189 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thanks for all the votes and comments for this idea!

This idea in particular is a little tricky because it is a big change that can affect lots of aspects across the entire platform. But as we grow we will continue to assess the ways that we can meet the needs of our users.

12. Pay Rate Report. I would be nice to be able to see a summary of the pay rate by week group by job.

I would like to be able to modify more the pay rate report. I would like to see the total expenses on all jobs in a week in one report. Currently i have to print out a few pages to see it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing your feedback and idea with us. I think a quick summary to track the total cost on a set of jobs across a date range would be really valuable.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

13. Notification that all exported time records have been sent to Sage

It would be helpful if Clock Shark would issue an e-mail notification to the employee who did the timecard Export to Sage when all the records have successfully been transferred to Sage Daily Payroll. As it currently is, you have to give the process time and then keep checking in Sage to see if it seems like everything is now there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Karen, thanks for sharing your feedback and idea!

That definitely sounds useful. Since we partner with a company called Ryvit to help with this integration, there are some extra steps that may be required for something like this to happen. But I think worth exploring.

14. Gantt Chart option for scheduled hours vs. actual hours

gantt chart burn down from estimated hours for future customer scheduled base on hours coming in everyday

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Ben, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I can definitely see how this would be useful for lots of companies. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

15. Change the Break Button so one can choose between Paid Meal Break (Duration: 30 min) & Paid Rest Break (Duration: 15 min)

Would like to schedule breaks when scheduling each shift. Should have drop down boxes to allow flexibility in nominating Meal Break and Rest Break (no need to have Lunch Break as only applies during the day). As different companies / countries / states have different laws drop down boxes to select the length of the breaks would be better. Auto breaks don't work for us as each employee needs to be able to start and finish their breaks as their work allows. As we need to be available during breaks, if called away can resume break when free to do…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for providing your feedback with us!

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

16. Allow check boxes next to each employee to be able to approve multiple employees time at once

Add check box next to each employee for approving time. So we can select multiple employees' times at the same time for approval

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Christopher! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We do actually have the approvals page when you can approve up to 50 employees at once and for up to a month at a time. Just head to Timesheets > Approve Timesheets to get there. Were you wanting this functionality anywhere else?

17. When an employee completes a job/task can they mark as complete or put a checkmark or have it disappear from their schedule?

When an employee completes a job/task can they mark as complete or put a checkmark or have it disappear from their schedule?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Haley, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

Just to get a little more information, would you like a checklist inside the job that the employees can use or customize and check off their duties? Or do you want them to actually check off the job/task, or possibly both solutions? Thanks for the information!

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

18. Filters for "Who's Working Now"

Filters for "Who's Working Now" section. Being able to see who's working by alphabetical order and also being able to see who's working at a specific job site.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey David, thanks for this idea! I can definitely see how this could be useful to quickly find the information you are looking for. Especially for larger companies!

19. Mark job site locations on the clock in/clock out map

It would be very helpful to show the location of active jobs on the map showing employees clock in and out pings. As of right now, in order to verify that employees are not clocking in or out off site, if I'm at all unfamiliar with the exact location of a job, I need to search the job address on google maps on a separate screen, and compare that to where the employees clock in and out pings are on the ClockShark map. GPS fencing is already a thing, so I imagine showing the location of jobs on the actual…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there, thanks for sharing this idea and providing others an opportunity to vote with you!

This is something we already tackle with our GPS fencing! While we don’t show the fence all the time (which might be your request) we do show the fence if the employee leaves it. If you enable the “out of bounds” notification as well as the GPS Fence for that job, we will check if your employee clocks in, clocks out, or leaves the GPS fence while they are on the clock. Any time they do, there will be an “out of bounds” notification which you can click and will show the GPS fence with respect to their clock outs.

The idea is to only show you the fence when something goes wrong, that way the map is cleaner and less cluttered. You can see this in action here: https://help.clockshark.com/en/articles/2944415-how-to-use-the-out-of-bounds-notification .

Let me know…

20. Different Geofence shapes

Please allow geofence's for be other shapes than just a radius. We work in the powerline indusrty. our jobs are miles long but only 500' wide

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Jim, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I can definitely see how this would be great for your industry. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base