ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 (M-F 7am-4pm PST) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com, to setup an international call.

Suggestions and feedback to improve the clockshark.com website experience.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow me to edit a start time while the employee is clocked in. It would save me having to keep a paper trail until the end of the day.

Allow me to edit a start time while the employee is clocked in. It would save me having to keep a paper trail until the end of the day.

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatic Meal Breaks: Allow feature to customize which hr the employee takes their meal break

Our employees take their meal breaks at their 4th hour worked. Currently the auto meal break feature time stamps their meal break at 12 pm - 12:30 pm as our auto meal break is set for 30 minutes. We love the auto meal break feature, but our crew starts early at 6:30 am and the meal break is applied at the incorrect time for them. We then need to update each employee's meal break for each employee manually to correct the time the meal break was taken. It would be great if it is possible to set at which hour…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Timesheet groups

I would absolutely love it if I could create a group of employees when adding time to the time sheets. I have a group of 11 employees that are hourly, but guaranteed 40 hours/ week. It would be awesome if I could just click on a group name to add their time each day instead of clicking each individual name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sum

I would love to input pay rate against my crews hours and automatically have the pay sum available when I issue checks. Can we do that?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Show OVERTIME DETAIL on the DETAIL REPORT!

Show the Overtime Detail on the Detailed Time Sheet Report!
    Right now, I have to print 2 time sheets for each employee, each week.
    The regular 'Time sheet' shows overtime, the Detail Time sheet does not!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow to view inactive employees on previous weeks employee clocked in for

If an employee is made inactive still make there name with hours show up on the Time Sheets screen and in reports for the previous weeks they clocked in for

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Auto split task (time clock entry) when rolls into OT

>While punched into system when OT is reached (if tasks not excluded from OT) have the system generate a separate punch for the OT.

> Also on the master CSV export have a field that ID's ST or OT etc.

I manually split time card entries into the ST & OT portion (since I am entering every item rather than from the Summary). I then Cut & Paste into Sage 100 Con

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Paid and Unpaid Break Rules or Formulas

Custom Rules for paid breaks. Canadian labour laws require a paid 15 minutes for every 4 hours worked. Ability to have paid breaks calculated with unpaid breaks without employees switching to a "Paid Break" task half way through a long break. (Because they never will.

Also option to blend paid breaks into other tasks so I don't have to highlight the money a customer is spending on paid breaks, even though legally required, (Doesn't make invoicing easier...)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. hours double due to task/job

What I have found is that if an employee is scheduled for a 2 hour job at point A but never gets there because he is at point B and logged in there his hours add both jobs to his time for the day. Maybe an alert to the admin as to doubled hours could be added as a safeguard?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers great support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

11. copy entries

copy and past on timesheets

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

12. Warning, Flag or Error notice for overlapping times on time sheet

It would be very helpful if the time sheet would provide some sort of flag, caution, or error notice that 2 jobs have overlapping times allocated to them. Without an automated warning, there’s a very real possibility that an administrator won’t catch the error and an employee will be overpaid.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

13. Daily Hours Manual Entry Per Task

At the end of the day the supervisor can enter in each workers hours per task, not start and stop times. This would also apply to personal time entry for each individual.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

14. Add time to time sheet without in or out times

The ability for an admin to add time only without a clock-in time or clock-out time. So you could simple add 8 hours for PTO time or holiday pay

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I like this idea, Marc. Many of our customers have begun to request a similar feature, so we’ll be watching the enthusiasm of users for this idea so we know to add that for you.

15. Calender Search on Timesheets

When viewing the timesheets, instead of having to click through week by week, there should be a calender option where you can select which day you need to view.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for posting/sharing your idea, Rachel, so others can vote on it. We appreciate hearing how we can improve ClockShark for you, and we’ll keep you updated on whether or not this idea gets on our development roadmap.

16. Add a way to punch in without using Jobs & Tasks.

Not everyone needs the jobs and tasks options for the bookkeeping side of things. Punching in could be quickened slightly if being forced to choose a job & task could be optionally removed per employee by administrators.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

17. Top of Page Return/Page Memory

after adjusting time you should be able to go back to your same place on the list not start from the top each time

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18. Admin general notes in Time Sheet view

Admin "Notes" box in the times sheet view so you can note why there is no time for that employee for that day when viewing in timesheet view. For Example "Out Sick" "PTO Day" "Late" "Left early without approval" etc.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion, Marc. What we see many companies do is use the employees note field to record any timesheet amendments, but I really like your idea of having a separate field for an Admin’s edits.

We’ll watch this idea and the support it collects, and look to add that for you when it has enough steam. If you think of any other great suggestions like the one above, I’d love to hear them @ cliff@clockshark.com.

19. automatic clock out options

an option to automatically clock employees out after a specific time of day instead of "after 23 hours" (ie. automatically clock John doe out after 8pm). That way they can clock in the next morning if an admin doesn't catch it in time.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Time Sheet Filter for Multiple Employees in Time Sheet View

Time sheet filter to view two or more employee's time sheets as opposed to just one one employee's time sheet at a time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion, Megan. Out of curiosity, are you alluding to the mobile app, or the website? In the Web Site, you can view employees by department and location groupings. In the app, you can see just one employee’s timesheet at a time.

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base