ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. copy entries

copy and past on timesheets

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

2. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers great support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

3. Flag Overtime

In week veiw, having a feature where we could flag overtime entries or even change that color from red to yellow, until the OT is resolved or Approved by Admin or Manager. Could be automatic and send an alert to the employee.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Julianne, thanks for providing your feedback with us!

As we continue to go and refine certain features I could definitely see us adding something like this and I think it would be very useful.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming features, so please keep voting!

4. Warning, Flag or Error notice for overlapping times on time sheet

It would be very helpful if the time sheet would provide some sort of flag, caution, or error notice that 2 jobs have overlapping times allocated to them. Without an automated warning, there’s a very real possibility that an administrator won’t catch the error and an employee will be overpaid.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Jason, thank you so much for bring forward this idea and letting other contribute to it.

I’m happy to say this is actually something we are currently working on and should be available here in a little bit. So keep your eyes open, great things coming!

5. Utilize widgets on Time Sheets

On time sheets, when you click an employee's time, perhaps a pop-up to edit or view a day or week instead of a complete redirect to a new page, so you don't have to go back to the top of time sheets and scroll down to where you were in order to move onto other employees' times. Or maybe just a widget to quickly edit an employee's time while still in time sheets, without a redirect to a separate web page to do so.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion, Brooke! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

6. Not lose Hours from Past Employees in Totals

I need for the past work hours on a job to remain in the total hours even if the employee no longer works for my company. I often refer to past jobs in estimating future jobs but if some of the hours are missing because an employee no longer works for me, it makes it difficult to find the cumulative totals on a job with accuracy.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Hey There, Cynthia! Thanks for the great suggestion. Out of curiosity, have you inactivated or deleted the employees that no longer work for you? If so, you can always run any Job/Task report for “All Employees” and it will show cumulative hours worked for everyone, including the deleted employees. This is because we never delete the employee’s time information, even if the employee is inactive or deleted. :)

Does this help out? Feel free to give me a call @ 1.800.828.0689 or email me directly @ morgan@clockshark.com if you have any questions about how to uncover hours from deleted employees. Always happy to help!

7. Clock rounding to the nearest 1/2 hour.

Clock rounding to the nearest 1/2 hour. The 14 minute rounding does not work with some payroll companies setup.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for adding you suggestion to the Voting Forum! We prioritize the ideas with the most votes, so as more users support your idea, we’ll get to work on it! Please let us know if you have any other suggestions or questions. :)

8. Time Sheet Filter for Multiple Employees in Time Sheet View

Time sheet filter to view two or more employee's time sheets as opposed to just one one employee's time sheet at a time.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion, Megan. Out of curiosity, are you alluding to the mobile app, or the website? In the Web Site, you can view employees by department and location groupings. In the app, you can see just one employee’s timesheet at a time.

9. automatic clock out options

an option to automatically clock employees out after a specific time of day instead of "after 23 hours" (ie. automatically clock John doe out after 8pm). That way they can clock in the next morning if an admin doesn't catch it in time.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Jordan. Thanks for posting your idea to the Voting Page. Currently, if an employee is clocked in, then beside their name on the timesheets, it will indicate their in-progress status, but it doesn’t show the accruing time in their timesheet until they clock out.

Your suggestion is a really great one: sometimes it would be convenient to see it in the calendar box, and have it appear in a different color. Let’s let folks vote on this suggestion, and we’ll consider it for a future update. Feel free to let us know if you have any other suggestions or ideas, Jordan.

11. Add a way for employees to text or call in their clock in/out.

This would allow employees without smartphones to clock in via text or call. There is the CrewClock feature but sometimes employees are by themselves.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

12. Break Rules or Formulas

The option to enter a formula in your preferences that calculates how much of a break is paid/unpaid.

For Instance, my Labor Laws dictate that I have to pay for a 15 minute break for every 4 hours worked, any break beyond that is unpaid.

After clocking out, ClockShark could apply the formula and then put a certain amount of hours in a task called "Unpaid Break", the rest of the hours should have the option to remain with the tasks that were selected when the break button was hit, or to be put in a task called “Paid Break”.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

13. Edit Entire crews time sheets at once

We need to be able to edit multiple employee time sheets at once. If I have a crew leader clocking in and out for entire crew, I want to be able to edit the entire crews time at once. If we set up departments, I would like to click on that department and give a clock in and a clock out time for a day and it is distributed to all time sheets for that day in that department.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14. multiple time entries with one posting

The ability to manually add time with mulitple days. So lets say "john" doesn't have the ability to clock in himself, no phone, older and doesn't use a smart phone, etc. Manually, you can clock him in from one dialogue box from 8-4 with a lunch at 12 on:
    Mon x
    Tue x
    Thur x
    Sat x
    without having to post it four different times.
    or to be able to open someones time card and add him to it if they worked the same shift

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15. Force punch in/out for employees

Administrators/Employers should be able to punch employees in and out with having to use the crew clock function on the mobile app. For example, if an employee shows up without his cell phone one day, or goes home and forgets to clock out. Admin should be able to force punch that employee on/off the time clock immediately. Also for employees that like to milk to the clock at the end of a shift can be clocked out by admin.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

For some greater feedback and to clarify, would the admin be clocking the employee in via the website? I could see that as an option.

As far as your other suggestion goes, you can actually clock employees out from the website. If you head to the Who’s Working Now screen there is a little “x” in the corner of the employee’s card on the left and you can use this to clock them out.

16. Have clockshark correctly account for time that crosses into a new day instead of recording on the day they punch in initially.

If an employee works 9PM on one day until 3 AM the next morning the time should be split on the appropriate day to ensure time is accurately recorded in the correct payroll day and week. The way it is now could create a potential overtime situation that should not be overtime if it is not recorded properly at the end of a payroll cycle.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback, Michelle. We are still trying to perfect how ClockShark should handle an overnight shift. It’s currently set to what it is, since it seemed to work well for most of our customers.

Obviously, you need it to work a little differently, so we’ll look into this more for you and explore updating that feature. If you can, would you like to share the ideal situation for how ClockShark should handle time that goes beyond midnight?

17. No Lunch option

I'd like to see a "No Lunch" option that would allow the person in the field who worked through their lunch to select and not have lunch taken out of their time worked. This would also save time in the office so that we aren't spending time removing a lunch that was automatically added to the employee's time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Have TimeSheets show live current hours employees have worked this week

I need the ability for the timesheets to show live what the current hours are for employees instead of waiting until they clock out. If it is Thursday at noon and I need to know which employees are approaching 40 hours right now I have to look at timesheets and then look at how many hours they have clocked in for today and figure out how many more hours they can work. I would like to have that live in one place.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the excellent suggestion, Mike. Currently, the TimeSheet displays completed time, and the Who’s Working Now screen shows the time in-progress.

If an employee is clocked in, however, on the TimeSheets screen (beside their name) it will show the job and how long they’ve been clocked in, so you can “ball-park” the time the employee has totally worked.

I like your suggestion of having to-the-minute accuracy, so we’ll keep watch on this idea and the support it gathers so that we know when to add it. If you have any other suggestions, I’d love to hear them.

19. Need to be able to see an employee break time in the console

I need to be able to see an employee's break time in the console. As it is now, when and employee begins or ends break, I see a popup. I need to see the summary of their break time as well in this field, or I need to have them not be able to use the break button. We have employees who will take advantage sometimes if no one is watching them, and clock back in before they start working. I cannot tell this happened until they are off the clock entirely. I would like to shut off the break…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Just wanted to follow up with this. On the Who’s Working Now page, you’ll be able to see the start and end times for their break right there.

Then when they are done for the day, it will show up on the timesheets page. So it should be available on both of those pages. Is there somewhere else that you are wanting this displayed?

20. Divide day into tasks after clocking in and out

Employees should be able to divide their day by tasks without manually clocking in and out for each task separately.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base