ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. No Lunch option

I'd like to see a "No Lunch" option that would allow the person in the field who worked through their lunch to select and not have lunch taken out of their time worked. This would also save time in the office so that we aren't spending time removing a lunch that was automatically added to the employee's time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

2. Have TimeSheets show live current hours employees have worked this week

I need the ability for the timesheets to show live what the current hours are for employees instead of waiting until they clock out. If it is Thursday at noon and I need to know which employees are approaching 40 hours right now I have to look at timesheets and then look at how many hours they have clocked in for today and figure out how many more hours they can work. I would like to have that live in one place.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the excellent suggestion, Mike. Currently, the TimeSheet displays completed time, and the Who’s Working Now screen shows the time in-progress.

If an employee is clocked in, however, on the TimeSheets screen (beside their name) it will show the job and how long they’ve been clocked in, so you can “ball-park” the time the employee has totally worked.

I like your suggestion of having to-the-minute accuracy, so we’ll keep watch on this idea and the support it gathers so that we know when to add it. If you have any other suggestions, I’d love to hear them.

3. Need to be able to see an employee break time in the console

I need to be able to see an employee's break time in the console. As it is now, when and employee begins or ends break, I see a popup. I need to see the summary of their break time as well in this field, or I need to have them not be able to use the break button. We have employees who will take advantage sometimes if no one is watching them, and clock back in before they start working. I cannot tell this happened until they are off the clock entirely. I would like to shut off the break…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just wanted to follow up with this. On the Who’s Working Now page, you’ll be able to see the start and end times for their break right there.

Then when they are done for the day, it will show up on the timesheets page. So it should be available on both of those pages. Is there somewhere else that you are wanting this displayed?

4. Divide day into tasks after clocking in and out

Employees should be able to divide their day by tasks without manually clocking in and out for each task separately.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

5. change the "my time sheet" tab

from the "my time sheet" tab you should be able to edit your time if you have admin rights.
    having to go back and forth is time consuming.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

6. set a minimum call time ie shift rounded up to 3 hours if only 2.5 hours between clock in and out

we have a minimum call of 3 hours on a shift but have to adjust as no automatic option to round up

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show Budgeted Hours when viewing Time Sheets by job

When in the Time Sheets tab, can you please show the budgeted hours when viewing "By Job." That data should be really simple to include on this page. A simple bar graph would actually be even better, but at least the budgeted hours should be shown during this view. Currently, the only way that I can see how to view budgeted hours vs actual is by going into the Admin Jobs section. Thanks.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Who's working now?" screen: show recent clock outs for several hours after

Have employee location pins show up partially transparent (or gray) for several hours (8?) after the employee clocks out so we can see their last clock out location on the Who's working now screen. This way we can see an overview of who's still working and finished working that day.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. View more than a 7 day range ...

I am in the process of doing payroll, and I do not see the option to change the date range of more than just 7 days when looking at Timesheets. I would be nice to have the option of changing the range from more than 7 days (or freedom to choose the date range, other than the span of only 7 days).

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Recently releases was the capability to pull a time sheets report for multiple weeks in a single report. Editing is still based on a 7 day date range. If you need the ability to edit more than 7 days at a time, please vote in with your support.

10. Use Local Time Zone

I didn't find any previous articles for this issue. My company is based in Oregon (PST) but has employees across the country. It appears that all time entries are converted to PST. This makes it very confusing when adding brakes, looking at time, etc. I would very much prefer that the punches were recorded in the local time zone.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

11. In the web interface, make it so I can add a note to a job that's currently clocked in/in progress.

Web interface doesn't appear to allow me to add a note when I'm clocked in - I have to "switch" jobs (to the same job) and add the note during the switch process.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey David, thank you so much for sharing your idea for others to comment and vote on.

That can be a little tricky because you can only really enter notes on clock in, switch, or clock out. I think it would be a great idea to just add a note field there to always use.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

12. Simple Suggestion - Change the terminology from "Breaks" to "Meals"

Federal Labor Law Terminology...

"Breaks" are paid.
    "Meals Periods" are unpaid.

In Clock Shark, the terminology is "Breaks" for unpaid time.

Simply change "Breaks" to "Meals" and the wording will make sense.

https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/workhours/breaks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Hey There, Stan! Thanks for the suggestion about changing the language of “Breaks” to “Meals”, and for including a helpful link too. We’ll send this over to our development team so they can look at it; but per usual, we’ll also leave it open here so other users can vote with you on it.

13. Real Time Job Status -All employees

Ability to see the current day showing the employees status- what job he completed(Blue Colored) what job they are currently on(Green Color) Travel time should be automatic if they clock out from one job to the next activity. (option that can be selected by admin) I have a screenshot of a software used at my previous company. I could send it over.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the suggestion, Kelly! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

15. set up fortnightly time sheets

set up fortnightly time sheet views

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, Chris, and for posting it so others can vote on it. We’ll update you here as feedback comes in and we consider adding that to ClockShark for you.

16. overtime indicator

Put a marker on the timesheet week view that shows at which point employees reached overtime. like they do on tv during football games to show the first yard line.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Optional Auto-Clockout at 40 hours

We dont allow overtime when there's no billable work but we do allow the employees to work around the shop to get up to 40 hours. Employees have already proven to take advantage of this since they're responsible for clocking themselves out on time, they just basically hang around collecting time and a half doing nothing until I tell them to go home. It would make my life far easier if they at least just got a notification that they're at 40 so theres no excuses.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, Aric. We are debuting “Overtime Alerts” for administrators very soon that will provide that information to the Admin and they can reach out to the employee to see why they’re still on the clock.

But we will keep our eyes on this idea and the support it gathers to see if we should build that too.

18. Notification for changes made at a later date

Example if someone entered 4 hours on Oct 21, but then later realized that it's not correct and went back and changed their hours, as an admin I wont have any idea. This creates an issue as I would record hours on Oct 22 which is the very next day and bill it to the specified job. It takes lot of time on our end to keep going back to days to make sure no one has made any changes. A notification to the admin for changes made on a later date would be very useful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

That is a great point and have a couple ways to combat this. First, we have our Audit Log (Admin > Audit Log) where you can quickly see any edits made in a certain time frame, among other things.

But what would be very useful to you guys is our timesheet approvals. With this feature, you would be able to approve and lock down the time as being correct. So in this case the employee would not be able to go back and edit their time without you first unapproving it.

Let me know if you think this would help you!

19. Allow minimum hours for showing up and clocking in on site.

Allow the app to automatically apply a minimum number of hours when clocking in. In many states, if not nationally, we already have to pay a minimum number of hours just for showing up. Being an inspection firm we charge a 4-hour minimum and this is passed to the employee in their pay. If clockshark could automatically apply this rule (with a minimum amount option) it would significantly decrease the time spent on payroll for us.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great suggestion, Brian. I remember being paid for a minimum of 2 hours in certain states, so your suggestion make perfect, logical sense. Let’s let other folks vote on it so we can understand if this is a widespread need and something we need to build for you.

20. More 'Add Time' buttons

Put an ADD TIME button next to each date in the employees weekly time view...so we don't have to scroll all the way back up to the top of the page to add time to a day.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base