ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow foreman scheduled to see employees who they are scheduled with

Allow a Foreman/Employee scheduled to see his scheduled crew from his employee schedule tab.

A foreman/employee can currently see from his schedule

"Schedule Note"
    "Job Description" &
    "Attachments"

Please add a tab to view Employee/Crew Scheduled for this Shift

"Who's Scheduled?"

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Jonathan, a new feature we added allows you to view the schedule on the mobile app by job. This way the crew leader would be able to see everyone scheduled at once for a specific job. Do you think that adequately fills this need?

2. Select multiple employees at the same time to change schedule or drag to new time

I cannot select multiple employees on the same day of the calendar to update their task. If a project changes and I have three people on the project I have to go in to each of their tasks and update individually. As such I cant select multiple employees and drag them at the same time

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Maya, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies and should definitely be a part of a future scheduler update. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

3. Saving filters

When applying filters,make a way to save your filters. After applying filters, when you click on something else in ClockShark then go back you need to make your filters again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

I know I would use this a ton and I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

4. Extend Shifts by dragging edge of cell sideways.

Can you like in float create a way that you can extend shifts by dragging the edge of the cell sideways and it copies previous info automatically:

You can currently grab the edge of the shift and drag it to the next day ... but it does not actually schedule it once you leave it, it just jumps back to where you dragged it from.

Like when you grab a cell in excel you can copy it just by dragging it across or up and down I want to be able to do that..

I know that said can you…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Chrisco, thanks for sharing your idea and feedback!

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

5. if you schedule a job to an employee that doesn't have access to it, display a little warning

if you schedule a job to an employee that doesn't have access to it, display a little warning

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Scarleth, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I can definitely see how that could be useful and help prevent timesheets errors before they even happen.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

6. Notes in Schedules

It would be great to be able to view your notes in your schedule on the computer without having to edit the job, just like you can view it on your phone

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thank you so much for sharing your votes, comments, and feedback for this idea!

This is something we are considering for a future update. This would definitely include the ability to go directly to the job by clicking on it from the left, but I think an important piece is also being able to view the schedule notes by clicking on that shift.

Please keep voting and let me know anymore feedback you might have!

7. on the schedule board add filters for .

Inactive/active jobs
    type of job (service ,install ,warranty..)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Luke, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

We are looking at providing job statuses or stages a little later in the year. Do you think assigning a job a stage (like ‘ready to be scheduled’, ‘billing phase’, ‘plumbing’, etc.) and then being able to filter by these would solve your need?

8. Different Straight Time Work Schedules by Employee

Certain Union agreements or agreements with local DOL allow for working 4 x 10 hour days at straight time (if Employee Voluntary agrees). It would be nice to toggle alternate schedule that would reflect OT beyond 10 hours.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Coleen, different OT rules is always something that comes up because everyone seems to have a little different rules depending on the state, country, industry, etc.

We do have the option to set daily OT to 40 actually, but are you wanting this OT to apply to only certain employees.

9. AutoScheduling Based on Availability and Skillsets

Allow employees to be automatically assigned to jobs based on skills/trainings and availability. Push a button and the schedule is automatically generated, then can be revised manually to make any needed adjustments. This would cut the time spent on scheduling down dramatically.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Definitely something that would be incredibly useful for lots of users.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

10. Sort Tasks Numerically in Schedules

Currently adding/editing a shift in Schedules sorts Tasks by last used and not in a numerical order drop-down list. This does not occur in My Time Clock entries nor iPhone app. Makes more sense to be consistent and keep in the same alpha or numerical order...making finding Tasks more logical and more easily repeated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Mark, thanks for pointing this out! I think this is just a little detail we missed.

We do have alphanumerical sorting everywhere else on the website so I’m going to see if we can get that added here as well.

11. Schedule jobs without an employee - then add employees later

Within the schedule tool, It would be awesome if we could add jobs to the schedule and later apply an empolyee to the project. Currently the job requires an immediate employee to be assigned. Adding such a feature would allow a company to schedule the jobs and manage things easier for how my company runs. Just a thought I wanted to share.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion, Cameron! I love to hear user input on how we can improve ClockShark for you.

Let’s let folks vote on your idea so we can consider adding it in a future feature release. If you have any other ideas or suggestions, you can let me know at hello@clockshark.com :)

12. Schedule Lunch Breaks

We would like to be able to schedule lunch breaks for our employees. The automatic lunch time feature does not work for us. Right now the only way around it is by adding lunch as task and using it to schedule. The problem is we then have to use the switch job button instead of lunch break button. This feature should also have notification feature added so they are reminded to clock out for lunch.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Rashida, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

You can schedule the lunch break by including it as a job/task just like you are saying, and instead of switching to the, the employee could simply use the break button to start the break and not be paid for it. This may be messy depending on your schedule notifications if they “miss” this schedule.

Another option you have is to use the employee reminders built into the app. You can find this under Menu > Settings > Employee Reminders. Here the employees can set up custom reminders to clock out for lunch after being on the clock for 4 hours for example. The admin can also set the default on the website by going to Admin > Notifications.

And lastly I would love to get some more information on…

13. request that start & end times are viewable without clicking on the details.

Would like the start & end times to be viewable on the schedule without clicking on the details. Currently only the start time is viewable. Being able to see both would be very helpful.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion, Heather! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

14. Under "Notifications / Employees / Schedules," it would be great to have a drop down up to 2 or 3 days VS current max of only one hour.

Under "Notifications / Employees / Schedules," it would be great to have more selections in the drop down of up to 2 or 3 days VS the current max of only one hour.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Marsha, thanks for providing us feedback!

I can see how this would be useful for larger projects. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

15. Bulk Schedule Import From Excel Spreadsheet

Would be great if we could import bulk schedules via excel spreadsheet into clock shark scheduling. It's a pretty tedious task having to key in each schedule individually.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

16. Calendar Search Feature

When in the calendar, there needs to be a Search field, so we can see if a particular job or appointment has already been put on the calendar, and when it is scheduled.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

17. Specific Schedule Change Notifications to Employees / Ability to notify only 1 employee

Employee Schedule Notifications by individual employee that tells the employee what was updated so they know what specifically the change is and not just that there is a change.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

18. Make the schedule private until you are ready to publish it for your employees to see it.

Make it wear if your working on a schedule your employees can not see it until your ready for them to. In some businesses we work on schedules a couple of weeks out but may need to change them. Your software allows everyone to see it and that's a problem!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Rebecka, thanks for the suggestion. Having a “staging” schedule is a great idea, so thanks for posting it here for others to vote on.

As support rolls in, we’ll keep you updated on any development plans.

19. Holding Deck area in the scheduling area

This suggestion is for the scheduling area. In the construction business scheduled jobs can often get preempted by things such as: weather conditions when the sun rises, lack of availability on materials 1 hour before the job, equipment malfunctions or breakdowns, employees not showing up for work. All of these and probably many more could cause a quick and immediate “changing of horses in md-stream” to another job that is approved but perhaps not specifically on the schedule. I would like to see a “Holding DECK” where approved jobs can be sitting, waiting for scheduling, that could be viewed by…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the specificity of this request, and for so clearly explaining the benefit of that feature. We’ll keep this under consideration, as other users vote and share their thoughts.

20. The ability to change colour of individual days within a job

If I had the ability to change the colour individual days within a job I could colour coordinate on scheduling.
    using red for unconfirmed, yellow tentative, green confirmed, etc
    Also could be valuable as a tool to create a priority system.
    Some project are multiple days long and spread out over several weeks, so this would give me the ability to quickly see which days are locked down and what can be changed.
    as of now if I change the colour of a job every scheduled day also changes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Hey There, Jordan! Thanks for this suggestion! As support grows for this idea, we’ll look to add it to ClockShark in a future feature update!

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base