ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. After Exporting time to QBO or other show those days were exported

After exporting information to QBO, Gusto, or other show on the timesheet that it has been exported so it doesn't get exported multiple times.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Mark, thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

This is an interesting idea and definitely could be useful for integrations where time can be duplicated (QBD specifically).

With as many ideas as we receive, and limited work time, let’s see if this idea will pick up some traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

2. Use breadcrumbs to view time sheets and ability to bookmark departments

Right Now you use them to be able to see the week in the URL of the site.

I have some admins that only look at 1 or 2 departments at a time.

The ability to bookmark filtered views would be very useful.

This is how it works for week view now:
    https://www.clockshark.com/App/TimeSheets#Week/2021-09-04

Something like this for the departments:
    https://www.clockshark.com/App/TimeSheets#Deartment/portables

Also the ability to select multiple departments in a filtered view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Donald, thanks for sharing your feedback!

If I’m understanding correctly, you are wanting to see all the timesheet details for a Department for a certain date range, is that correct? That is an interesting idea. At the moment, the Timesheet Details page (the view you go to after clicking into a timesheet) can only be viewed by Employee or Job, but not by Department. You can view the Timesheets themselves filtered down by departments, but after that, you can still only click on each employee/job in that view.

What is the problem that your admins are trying to solve? Do they kind of do a manual check of everyone’s time in their department before payroll or something? Any additional information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

3. Please revert to showing each individual employee name in the add time window. It is very limiting to show one employee name + # more.

Please revert to showing each individual employee name in the add time window. It is very limiting to show one employee name + # more. It used to show all of the employees whose time would be added or changed and it was very helpful to see all of the employees at once. This is on the desktop version of clockshark.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Phil thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

This was recently updated because the old version would “grow” as you selected more employees and this could break formatting for the selector itself as well as other areas around the website having issues.

I’m just curious with the new version, you can expand the selector to see exactly who you have chosen before submitting changes. I also would be interested in how you are adding time. Are you adding lots of time manually for large groups of people? Any additional information would be super helpful and I can pass it on to our design group, thanks!

4. clock out questions

Clock out Questions view. I would like a way to see the answers to the clockout questions the same way I see comments on jobs. I have to click farther in to see the question answers and can't see them when I am editing the job tasks and timesheets.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Stephanie thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

With as many ideas as we receive, and limited work time, lets see if idea will pick up some traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

5. Show original clock in/out time after editing time that has been auto-rounded.

If the "round to nearest ..." setting is enabled and the administrator goes into an employee's time to add/edit a note, after saving that day's time entry the original pre-rounded time is no longer visible - neither as a tooltip when hovering over the rounded time, or even in the audit log. As such, there is no way to see the original time that the employee clocked in or out if A) their time has been auto-rounded, AND B) the administrator has added a note or otherwise edited anything in their time.

This honestly seems more like a glitch or…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I had a meeting with some of engineers to plan how to fix this issue.

It is something we have planned to fix now and I will keep you guys updated when we release it.

6. Add a location pulldown when selecting job and task

We don't want to use geo-fencing but need to track employee locations for tax purposes. Currently we have rolled location into our tasks (jobsite - installation vs shop - installation), but it would be great to have a separate pulldown where an employee could select their location.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us Sasha.

I can see how this would be useful in many different situations. Having that third level of tracking could help break things down even more.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

7. add time option at the bottom of your last added time

Could there also be an add time button at the bottom of the last time added?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We a few enhancements planned for the Timesheets area. One of them is to make the “Add Time” button sticky so it will follow you down the page as you scroll.

I will keep you updated on the release of this.

8. Timesheet page filter

It would be very helpful if I were able to view multiple selected employees on the "View Timesheets" page. Currently the filter only provides 2 options. ALL EMPLOYEES or 1 employee only. When I called for help, I was advised to use the JOB DETAIL report, but that report does not let me see the details and information the timesheet page provides. I have groups of 2 employees that work together, and trying to reconcile their times is difficult and very time consuming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Mina, thanks for reaching out to us with this idea.

I agree, I think that could be really useful for exactly the reasons you described.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

9. Notification that all exported time records have been sent to Sage

It would be helpful if Clock Shark would issue an e-mail notification to the employee who did the timecard Export to Sage when all the records have successfully been transferred to Sage Daily Payroll. As it currently is, you have to give the process time and then keep checking in Sage to see if it seems like everything is now there.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Karen, thanks for sharing your feedback and idea!

That definitely sounds useful. Since we partner with a company called Ryvit to help with this integration, there are some extra steps that may be required for something like this to happen. But I think worth exploring.

10. Weekly Timesheets with Detail

I would like a report with more than a Summary Page. I have requests for more details, Time IN, Lunch OUT and BACK times, Appointments - Time OUT and Time IN, and end of day Time Out, plus the notes field with Appointment detail, or including PTO if that is available. Notes could be on a separate page with date and employee name or in a log type format. Not on the same Detail page. Places like Work Release like to see that detail.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Jean, thanks for sharing your feedback and ideas! This definitely sounds like an expanded request for the Employee Details report. Adding the break in/out times to that report and then also a second page of time stamped notes for each employee might be the way to go. Do you think that would solve your request or is there anything else that would be missing?

11. Day of the week next to date on edit time sheet page

Where you go to edit employee time sheet, I'd like to see the day of the week next to the date. It's for a specific situation but I think it would be nice to have in general.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Kim thanks for the email explaining the use case behind this idea, it definitely makes sense!

We do get lots and lots of ideas so we tend to implement the ones with lots of votes, so as this gains more votes we can get it added.

12. Option to sort Employees alphabetically on "Who's Working Now"

Filters for "Who's Working Now" section. Being able to see who's working by alphabetical order and also being able to see who's working at a specific job site.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Job filter portion has been released for the Who’s Working Now page. The employees also have a filter and by default they are listed by most recent action.

If you’d like to be able to sort the employees alphabetically on this page keep voting for this idea!

13. Admin flags

Allow admins an option to flag individual days for specific employees with customized alerts, and have these flags be searchable. For instance, every time an employee is late, an admin could create a flag with an alert using the keyword "LATE". The admin could then search through a specified date range to find all instances where this flag had been added to the employee's times.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there, thanks for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

We are currently in the process of building a report that does something very similar. This report would be able to give you all the notifications like “late in”, “missing clock out”, “out of bounds”, etc. for certain employees and days.

14. Mark job site locations on the clock in/clock out map

It would be very helpful to show the location of active jobs on the map showing employees clock in and out pings. As of right now, in order to verify that employees are not clocking in or out off site, if I'm at all unfamiliar with the exact location of a job, I need to search the job address on google maps on a separate screen, and compare that to where the employees clock in and out pings are on the ClockShark map. GPS fencing is already a thing, so I imagine showing the location of jobs on the actual…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there, thanks for sharing this idea and providing others an opportunity to vote with you!

This is something we already tackle with our GPS fencing! While we don’t show the fence all the time (which might be your request) we do show the fence if the employee leaves it. If you enable the “out of bounds” notification as well as the GPS Fence for that job, we will check if your employee clocks in, clocks out, or leaves the GPS fence while they are on the clock. Any time they do, there will be an “out of bounds” notification which you can click and will show the GPS fence with respect to their clock outs.

The idea is to only show you the fence when something goes wrong, that way the map is cleaner and less cluttered. You can see this in action here: https://help.clockshark.com/en/articles/2944415-how-to-use-the-out-of-bounds-notification .

Let me know…

15. GPS flow per day not per clock in clock out

Would like to be able to track the gps location of my employee per day not every clock in clock out. I want to track where they are at during the day confusing when you have to look at 4 different gps locations rather than the flow of the day.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey James, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I think this would be a great user experience for the future. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

16. Ease the Accessability

I dislike the new design where I have to click the three lines on the right side under Add Time to access my different Departments. I miss when it was readily available before this last update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Annie, thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

This is one of those features that some enjoy and others do not. It would be really nice to have an option of smaller display features that you could enable or disable.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

17. Let employees see their timesheet in Kiosk mode

I love kiosk mode, it saves time and so easy now. But the employee is not able to check previous days time. They would like to check their previous days to be sure they are in the correct job and have the correct time.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Kristan, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

There is a lot of improvements we would like to make to the kiosk and I think this would be a great one!

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

18. "Time/Hours Remaining" Display

We give our crews "hours goals" and program in the total hours a job is allotted. We can set the notifications to alert us at a certain point, but our guys have no idea how many hours are left. Yes, they can write it down and do a little subtraction each day, but you know how that works. If they could see a "time remaining" window I think they could better meet their productivity goals.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Brian, thank you for sharing your idea with the community.

I can see how this and more kind of project management features would be useful. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

19. Export Jobs Selectively

To be able to export selectively,
    Some jobs end mid-week and some are on going. I would like to select one job at a time and export it to Quick Books to be able to invoice that client without exporting all clients still active.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Cristina, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I can definitely see how this would be beneficial for certain workflows. A work around might be creating a Department/Location for a job and then exporting based on departments.

20. Can you add a button to jump from one employee to the next one from within the window where we edit the daily or weekly timesheet?

Can you add a "jump" button that allows us to cycle through our employee list from person to person from within the time sheet individuall editing window? This would speed up our daily review of labor entries by allowing us to proceed quickly from one employee to the next. Perhaps in addition you could create an option to choose a specific employee from a drop down list allowing us to jump out of listed/alphabetical order in case we need to reference another person on the same team?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base