ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Top of Page Return/Page Memory

after adjusting time you should be able to go back to your same place on the list not start from the top each time

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, just wanted to update you all and let you know that this was something we actually added recently!

It is a little thing that makes everything a lot easier, enjoy!

2. Custom Logo on Reports

It would be great to be able to change the logo on the reports from the ClockShark logo to our company logo.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve release a new feature for our Pro Plan users that will allow you to upload a company logo and set a company display name, both of which will appear at the top of all report printouts.

Thanks for the feedback, and keep the suggestions coming!

3. Push Notifications To Employees

If an employee is pushing 8 hours of labor, a reminder to clock out would be very beneficial and perhaps another reminder every two hours after. If an employee is clocked out for lunch and an hour has passed, send a reminder to clock back in--they may have forgotten and returned back to work. Also, a reminder to clock out for lunch would be very helpful, perhaps after being clocked in 3.5-4 hours.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Recommended Reminders are now live! With this feature, you are able to remind employees via push notification to clock, start a break after a certain time, end their break after a certain time, and also clock out after a certain time.

This replaces the old framework of how the reminders used to work. You can set them up by going to Menu > Settings > Employee Reminders. If you have any questions contact our support team via chat on the website, email (hello@clockshark.com), or phone (800-828-0689).

4. Inactive jobs

When you make a job inactive it should go into an inactive file. That way it doesn't clog up your active jobs. Especially for those of us who have a lot of jobs going at one time

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback and sharing your idea with others!

I’m happy to say this is something that we actually added for tasks, employees, and jobs! On the each page now, you have the ability to view active the active items, inactive items, or all items!

5. inactive employees archive

All inactive employees should go into a folder so i don't have to scroll thru 5 plus pages of employees.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback and sharing your idea with others!

I’m happy to say this is something that we actually added for tasks, employees, and jobs! On the each page now, you have the ability to view active the active items, inactive items, or all items!

6. Add approval on employee timesheet screen.

Could you please add approval on the employee timesheet screen. That way I can approve each day worked. It doesnt help me to approve the week summary...because i cant see all of the details on that screen. Thank you!

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Approvals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m happy to say that this is complete! Now you can approve each employee’s day while you viewing their details. There is also a brand new weekly calendar summary, bulk actions, and linking to the timesheets right from the approvals!

If you have any questions contact our support team via chat on the website, email (hello@clockshark.com), or phone (800-828-0689). Enjoy this awesome new feature!

7. Forms and checklists

It would be nice to have a feature that lets you add checklists and forms to jobs. Or possibly integrate with an existing forms app such as jot form or canvas.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, happy to announce that our Crew Clock Questions feature is fully released and active! Thank you so much for all the votes and comments, it really helps us determine our product roadmap.

With this feature, you can require employees to answer a set of questions to everyone, a specific department/location, or job. You can also be notified if a response is deemed as “unexpected.” This is great for verifying work safety, ensuring breaks are taken, retrieving the status of the job and more! Please contact our support team by chat, email (hello@clockshark.com), or phone (800-828-0689) to learn more!

Also if there is some requirement not met by this current version of the feature, please let us know!

8. Allow longer date ranges in reporting

Some reports only allow a maximum of 31 days for a report date range. Only the "job details" and "task details" reports allow 365 days, but I would like the same option for "employees summary" and other reports.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thanks for all the votes and comments.

I wanted to pass along the good news that all reports are able to be run for 365 days now! Great for end of year reporting, enjoy them!

9. schedule

I would like a option for schedule days off , holidays etc. also would like to have the scheduler go at least a month out I know you can go a month but I think it should be like the one week two week option.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone! With our new PTO feature and PTO update, you can create as many PTO policies as you would like and your employees can belong to as many as they need.

With this you can create a “Holiday” policy and assign this PTO for everyone and have it show up on both the timesheets and schedule. We also do have a day, week, 2 week, and month view for the scheduler.

10. Allow more characters in "Notes"...

Our employees use this section to describe, in detail, the work they completed on a service call. I then use that information to create the client's invoice. The character limitation is very frustration!!!

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve recently updated the character limit on our timesheet and schedule notes to 2000 to allow users to record more of the information that’s important to them. I hope this helps, and thanks for the feedback!

11. Only have current jobs listed.

Have the ability to close jobs once they’re finished

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, wanted to let you know that this is possible! You can inactivate or delete jobs and still keep all the time records for them.

A new feature we added lets you view all your jobs, just inactive jobs, or just active jobs.

There was also a new idea listed in the comments that requests the ability to download lists for active jobs. This is something ClockShark Support can do for you if you request it. But I will add a new idea for this to be available on the user’s side.

12. Have more space in the note box for scheduling.

I have a lot of info I have to put into the notes. sometimes my guys never come into the shop so they need all the info to be accessed anywhere

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve recently updated the character limit on our timesheet and schedule notes to 2000 to allow users to record more of the information that’s important to them. I hope this helps, and thanks for the feedback!

13. Summary reports when reviewing hours for a project for the day (without having to go to reports, select job, select time frame etc)

When reviewing all hours logged towards one project for the day, have a summary report easily accessible by task at the click of a button.

Right now, you can view all the hours logged towards that project for that employee for the day. Sometimes our guys have to use a few tasks that day and switch back and forth. It would be nice for a summary to be at the end of that page saying 20 hours toward task A and 40 hours towards Task B for the day. Instead of having to go through the reports tab and selecting…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This new calendar summary view has been added with our new approvals!

If you click on the weekly total for the Timesheets, you can view all the time worked by each employee on a certain job/task grouping.

You can also click on the week view of both jobs view and the see the total by task, job, employee, or grouping for each day and the week.

If you have any questions contact our support team via chat on the website, email (hello@clockshark.com), or phone (800-828-0689).

14. Calendar drop down menu

When looking at a payroll week, it would be nice to have a drop down menu to click on and select the time frame you are looking for versus having to click on the arrows to move forward or back by the week. When I am trying to find what job an employee was on several weeks ago I have to keep clicking on the arrow to go back to that week.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the great idea and the comments and votes!

This has been added so you can quickly select a certain week without have to go through each one by one. The same kind of calendar is coming to the scheduler soon as well!

If you have any questions contact our support team via chat on the website, email (hello@clockshark.com), or phone (800-828-0689).

15. Stop map rotation when GPSTrack animation plays

We play the GPSTrak trail animation to see where our employees were each day so we can verify that they were where they were supposed to be. As it plays, the map randomly rotates. At first, I thought it rotated in the direction of travel, but I realized that sometimes it doesn't rotate when the direction changes and sometimes the rotation has nothing to do with the direction of travel. It is super annoying and hard to look at. We have to pause the location and try to figure out where they were. It is an important feature to us…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Edit Screen

It would be nice to move to next employee from the edit screen, save having to go back and scroll down to next

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Need a 2nd Layer of search filter for Cost code by Job

Need a 2nd layer of search filter for reports by cost code. Example: How many hours were spent PAINTING at the SMITH job. VS. How many hours were spent INSTALLING TILE at the SMITH job. This would be HUGE for my company. Accurate and timely information is key!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Little late on the status, but this has been added for awhile. When viewing the Job Details report, you get a breakdown for the hours spent by each employee and each task as well.

18. Calender Search on Timesheets

When viewing the timesheets, instead of having to click through week by week, there should be a calender option where you can select which day you need to view.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the great idea and votes!

This has been added so you can quickly select a certain week without have to go through each one by one. The same kind of calendar is coming to the scheduler soon as well!

19. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. PINGING BREAK TIMES

is there a way to ping the guys in the field as to when to take their breaks?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone! Happy to announce that we do have a new Mobile Reminders feature. This is automatically enabled for new companies and will be added for current customers gradually. With this feature, you are able to remind employees via push notification to clock in, start a break after a certain time, end their break after a certain time, and also clock out after a certain time.

This will be accessible via Admin > Notifications soon, but you can view the framework for them on the app by going to Menu > Settings > Employee Reminders. If you have any questions contact our support team via chat on the website, email (hello@clockshark.com), or phone (800-828-0689).

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base