ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. total hours over multiple weeks

A place where you can see total hours for a given job. Many times I have to scroll through each week and manually add up my hours which on some jobs is 6 months long.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need to be able to see an employee break time in the console

I need to be able to see an employee's break time in the console. As it is now, when and employee begins or ends break, I see a popup. I need to see the summary of their break time as well in this field, or I need to have them not be able to use the break button. We have employees who will take advantage sometimes if no one is watching them, and clock back in before they start working. I cannot tell this happened until they are off the clock entirely. I would like to shut off the break…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow notifications to be sent to non administrators.

I have field coordinators that I would like to be able to receive notifications about employee clock in/out/location tamperings, but I cannot do that unless I make them admins. I am not really anxious to do that as I need to maintain some level of control over the jobs and employees.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Live tracking - instant see of where all employees are at the time

Our company does not see " live time tracking - instant see - which would be very helpful and crucial to all the admins monitoring this.

An employee is never seen instantly when they clock in,

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are still having issues please reach out to us at (800) 828-0689 or use live chat directly from our website.

The employees should show up right away when they clock in, and their GPS location should update every 15-20 minutes if enabled.

5. Allow partial hour budgets, such as 1.5 hours, .5 hours etc.

In the car repair industry, we need to budget jobs based on fractional hours. So having the ability to input a budget like .25 hours or 1.5 hours would make the budgets feature useful for us.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to drill into the hours on a job to view total hours and how many hours each employee worked on that job.

The only place I have found to view total job hours is in the admin tab. You need any easier way to job cost.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

referred to customer support  ·  0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Not lose Hours from Past Employees in Totals

I need for the past work hours on a job to remain in the total hours even if the employee no longer works for my company. I often refer to past jobs in estimating future jobs but if some of the hours are missing because an employee no longer works for me, it makes it difficult to find the cumulative totals on a job with accuracy.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just wanted to update this idea and confirm that the hours for a job are not affected by the status of the employee.

Job hours listed on the Jobs page are correct and accurate regardless of the active/inactive/deleted status of the employee. Same thing goes for the reports!

If you have any questions contact our support team via chat on the website, email (hello@clockshark.com), or phone (800-828-0689).

8. Notification for changes made at a later date

Example if someone entered 4 hours on Oct 21, but then later realized that it's not correct and went back and changed their hours, as an admin I wont have any idea. This creates an issue as I would record hours on Oct 22 which is the very next day and bill it to the specified job. It takes lot of time on our end to keep going back to days to make sure no one has made any changes. A notification to the admin for changes made on a later date would be very useful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

That is a great point and have a couple ways to combat this. First, we have our Audit Log (Admin > Audit Log) where you can quickly see any edits made in a certain time frame, among other things.

But what would be very useful to you guys is our timesheet approvals. With this feature, you would be able to approve and lock down the time as being correct. So in this case the employee would not be able to go back and edit their time without you first unapproving it.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

9. Reminders to clock in should be on a per employee basis

Cockshark treats admins the same as any other employee, which isn't a problem, except for the the clock-in/out reminders. As far as I can tell, the reminders that you can set for employees to clock-in/out are global. Meaning that when I stop by one of my jobsites, I'm reminded to clock-in just like all of my other employees, which is just annoying, because I don't track my time the same way as I do my employees. It would be much better if you had the option of setting reminders as either global or per-employee.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can set clock in reminders on a per person basis actually!

On the website you can set up the standard reminders for every person in your company. Every person can alter their specific notifications how they wish though. Open the mobile app and head to Menu > Settings > Employee Reminders. Here you can turn off certain reminders, edit the reminders to be a different time, display a different message, or create your own custom reminders! Here is a help article that goes over it in more detail, these can get very customized. (https://help.clockshark.com/en/articles/3116584-how-to-use-employee-reminders)

Now if you are getting the GPS Fence reminders, that is caused by your device entering in a saved location from the Job. You can stop these notifications a couple ways.
    i. Restrict access from yourself on that job, which is not ideal
    ii. Turn off the GPS on your phone like you…

10. See actual clock in & out time even when using rounding.

We use the quarter hour rounding. I liked how before I could check an employees actual in & out time. To see that now, I have to go into our settings and change it to real time and then set it back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Multiple day scheduling

When scheduling a job, have an option to have the job/shift be able to be put on the schedule for multiple days at the same time rather than adding the same shift each day to the same person.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Lucas, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

This is possible a couple different ways actually. When adding a specific shift you can assign it to multiple people, to a department/location, and also repeat it for up to 180 days in advance. This helps cut down on the amount of manual entry you have to do.

If you have any questions contact our support team via chat on the website, email (hello@clockshark.com), or phone (800-828-0689).

12. make any notes added or pictures taken visable

make it so if a note is posted or pictures added when clocking in to a job you can see the notes on the time sheet area for the desk top and phone version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. View Who's Working Now - Allow Senior Field Personnel To Manage

The foremen should be able to select whatever employees are assigned to them for that day/week without being labeled ADMIN. They should be able to control WHO THEY CAN VIEW. Unfortunately, current setting do not allow them to filter who they can and cannot see.
    Please developers! Add an option for foremen to add crews under themselves. THANK YOU.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there! Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

At the moment, you admins can set the permissions for foremen so that they have the ability to view the Who’s Working Now page for multiple employees. There is also a filter there for them to use. So you can give them access to view 20 employees, and they could use the filters if needed to view the 10 they need.

Is there anything else that you are wanting? It sounds like maybe you want the foremen themselves to be able to choose which employees they have access to themselves?

14. Exporting to excel in a structured format

Need the ability to export job and/or employee raw time to excel in a structured format. Currently the format exported to excel is the same format as the pdf format.. The is no way to use the current spreadsheets to perform crosstabs etc..
    I would have thought that this type of export (data dump) would be included with the system, as there no formatting involved.

Currently ALL excel exports are unusable for analytics.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey again Luke, thanks for providing feedback for us! Definitely nice to have a data dump sort of file. That is why we have the CSV export. Have you tried using this? Is there anything in particular that doesn’t work for you with this report?

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Assign Employees to a Job

It would be nice to be able to assign employees to certain jobs. Our company is setup in such a way that we have account managers and project managers. It would be beneficial to assign employees to a job so that an employee could see a list of the jobs they are part of. It could be a drop down field similar to what you have now with "Stage", "Customer", and "Active/Inactive/All Jobs".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Dylan, thanks for sharing you feedback with us!

We actually do have a system to assign employees to a job. If you navigate to the settings for a job, you’ll see a section titled “Access Control.” Here you can limit which employees can view and clock into this job. You can also limit which tasks can be used for that job.

Here is a help article that goes over everything in a little more detail. Let me know if you need anything else!

http://help.clockshark.com/en/articles/1882302-limit-access-to-jobs-and-tasks

17. Allow unpaid time off request/approval

Ability to post unpaid time off for an employee

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid Time Off (PTO)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Marc, thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

We do have an unpaid time off policy feature which does allow for employees to request the time, or for admins to manually input it for the employees.

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there! Thanks for sharing your idea! The Pay Rate report is used for totals of the money spent on each employee/job/task as opposed to the total hours. You can use the Timesheets reports for this!

Also if you use Xero, Sage, QuickBooks, ADP, Paychex, or Gusto you can use our integration to send the hours over directly!

19. Allow check boxes next to each employee to be able to approve multiple employees time at once

Add check box next to each employee for approving time. So we can select multiple employees' times at the same time for approval

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Christopher! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We do actually have the approvals page when you can approve up to 50 employees at once and for up to a month at a time. Just head to Timesheets > Approve Timesheets to get there.

20. Make the taks something you assign per job. So it automatically populates when they put the job name in

Make the Task field something you setup when you create the job. When the employee chooses the job name, it will automatically populate the task field that is associated with that job. My crew doesn't know the task when I give them the job they are going too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Kari, thanks for you sharing your idea with the community! You cannot create a task right when you create a job, but you can assign a task to a job right then. If you only assign one task to a job when you are creating it, then it will be autoselected when they select that job as they are clocking in!

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base