Suggestions and feedback to improve the clockshark.com website experience.

Schedule jobs without an employee - then add employees later

Within the schedule tool, It would be awesome if we could add jobs to the schedule and later apply an empolyee to the project. Currently the job requires an immediate employee to be assigned. Adding such a feature would allow a company to schedule the jobs and manage things easier for how my company runs. Just a thought I wanted to share.

64 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Cameron shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
AdminCliff Mitchell (Co-Founder, ClockShark) responded  · 

Thanks for your suggestion, Cameron! I love to hear user input on how we can improve ClockShark for you.

Let’s let folks vote on your idea so we can consider adding it in a future feature release. If you have any other ideas or suggestions, you can let me know at hello@clockshark.com :)

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe adding Jobs can be done already without assigning an employee, and if you need to flag it for starting drop the schedulers name into the job or create an employee named "job start"

Hope this helps

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another voice for the ability to post jobs without assigning workers. Perhaps a Job Type = tentative which allows no worker assignments would help.

• Darcy Vaughan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A variation on this request. I would like employees to only be able to see the Schedule for a predetermined period of time which I set - i.e. - 2 weeks. Any modifications to the schedule which appear after this would NOT trigger notifications to employees and they could not see the schedule further out than 2 weeks (or whatever the predetermined time is).

Reasoning - We schedule things in advance and may tentatively assign an employee to the task. If it is several weeks in the future it is quite likely that it will be changed. Employees get cranky when they think other people are getting their work, but we need to begin working on schedules as early as possible. As vacation requests and new jobs come in, we need to adjust the schedule accordingly.

• brad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just asked about this. This is exactly what I am looking for as well. I have been using clockshark for almost a year and it works really well. I have now just started using the scheduling portion, but I don't want to specify what job goes to each employee. It would be great if we could add jobs, and then all employees can see what jobs need to be done, and can do them accordingly. I do jobs all over the city, so it would be best to have the employees do what is closest to them at that time.

• Darcy Vaughan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this comment. I don't understand why the system requires you to immediately add an employee when I create a department. It seems like the system requires you to do things in an order that may not reflect how you do business.

The original comment seems to be the same issue but in a different part of the program.

• Mike Webster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have a seperaat calender with out employee names so jobs can be scheduled in the days with any names. Then a seperate Name & Job list that you can Drag & drop from

Feedback and Knowledge Base