Suggestions and feedback to improve the clockshark.com website experience.

Allow for Mileage to be added to a specific job.

We allow our employees to use their own vehicles and reimburse them for that mileage. I wish there was a way we could track that on this app.

165 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Monique Naylor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
AdminCliff Mitchell (Co-Founder, ClockShark) responded  · 

Mileage tracking is something that we do hear a fair number of you requesting, so it’s something we’ll consider adding to ClockShark on a future update. Current feature addition projects are taking priority, so if you like this idea then please vote in with your support.

27 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jonathan Hosack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great addition... at a minimum having a separate field for employee - entered mileage...

• cheryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this feature? It would be very helpful and prevent mis-reporting of mileage by employees who are reimbursed for mileage. This would be a great feature to have.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mileage reporting seems would be a great addition. If not part of clock shark directly is there a app already integrated?

This request is over three years old. Is this in the works? I need to add a tracking system in 2019 and it would be great if I didn't need to add another application.

• catherine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

gps tracker records locations, if this was then recorded automatically on staff timesheet to save staff member recording manually, it would also be useful to have a report showing mileage for each staff member/job

• Jennifer Ehlers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have GPS include mileage traveled from site to site, as well as mileage when leaving for a materials run and then returning for remainder of work day

Mileage as well as expenses, eg. tolls, parking... would be quite helpful and these being able to be viewed from the calendar

• Robyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Options for inputting vehicle information such as a Fleet number/ Vehicle number and mileage would be the perfect solution.

• Julie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to track mileage of our drivers during work hours.

• Katrina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add mileage tracking on ClockShark! It's the ONLY thing I'd say ClockShark is missing.

• shellylynnhenry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mileage Tracking Integration with mileage APP like Milewiz or Track My Drive between clients (jobs)

• Ashley Bock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I would really appreciate a mileage tracker. Our company is small and some our guys drive their own vehicles to job sites and we reimburse mileage. They are right now putting the mileage under notes.

• Peta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Employees be able to add mileage and notes that can be viewed on the main employee timesheet so you don't have to click into each shift to view and record details. If klms could be tallied at the end of the pay week would be even BETTER. Notes and Klm printed on the timesheet would be very helpful for Admin. At present still having to manually add and record these details with defeats the purpose of using the program.

• Joel Westrom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Separate Mileage tracker and Expense Category.

Ability for techs to record miles driven, in addition ability to have separate field for parts or expenses.

• Deb Wintersmith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The program already tracks via GPS, take it one step further and add automated mileage tracker. It could coordinate with GEO Fencing where it pings their location only this option would be part of the GPS/GEO Fence and Task assignment. We have a task associated with material acquisition, but our employees drive company vans and accurate mileage is an ongoing issue. One of our vans has a digital read out that works only when it wants, so we document it when it shows up then compare to the last reading. Auto mileage with time sheets would give me peace of mind but more importantly it would provide more accuracy to job costing and tax data. (A side benefit is knowing exactly how many miles were driven without manually creating a routing map in mapquest or other similar program where multiple stops can be input. There are a couple of similar programs but they are add-ons that do not increase an existing application, rather add one. Clock Shark is the best time sheet program, I want to be a part of its growth and intrinsic value!

• Aaron Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you add a way to enter number of miles driven for each employee to fill in after they clock out?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base