ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Time/Hours Remaining" Display

We give our crews "hours goals" and program in the total hours a job is allotted. We can set the notifications to alert us at a certain point, but our guys have no idea how many hours are left. Yes, they can write it down and do a little subtraction each day, but you know how that works. If they could see a "time remaining" window I think they could better meet their productivity goals.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Brian, thank you for sharing your idea with the community.

I can see how this and more kind of project management features would be useful. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

2. Export Jobs Selectively

To be able to export selectively,
    Some jobs end mid-week and some are on going. I would like to select one job at a time and export it to Quick Books to be able to invoice that client without exporting all clients still active.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Cristina, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I can definitely see how this would be beneficial for certain workflows. A work around might be creating a Department/Location for a job and then exporting based on departments.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

3. Detailed timesheet summaries

I would love to be able to keep track of hours and have them summarized in separate categories. We pay different rates for different types of work, and right now I have to pull those hours out and calculate them manually. Also, we pay different taxes for work in different locations. It would be great to automate/keep track of that in ClockShark.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Melanie, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

This is an interesting idea, but could be implemented so many different ways. I would love to get some more information. How are you trying to separate these hours? Are you wanting to view these by task, job, employee, calculate the pay based on everything? We do have the Pay Rate report that does do some of this, is there anything that is missing for you?

4. Allow me to undo manual updates

Allow me to undo manual updates

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Wadih, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

Just to gather some more specifics are you wanting to undo edits made to time or something else?

5. Auto split task (time clock entry) when rolls into OT

While punched into system when OT is reached (if tasks not excluded from OT) have the system generate a separate punch for the OT.

Also on the master CSV export have a field that ID's ST or OT etc.

I manually split time card entries into the ST & OT portion (since I am entering every item rather than from the Summary). I then Cut & Paste into Sage 100 Con

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey again Coleen, thank you so much for giving us your feedback!

The good news is that we do have an area on the CSV export for regular time, overtime, double time, PTO, UPTO, and more!

As for the actual splitting of time, there are a lot of rules and situations surrounding overtime that don’t really fit with having them as separate punches. Especially when every company does things a little bit differently. Hopefully the breakdown by type in the CSV export can work for you.

6. Being able to add time for a whole department at a time

I would absolutely love it if I could create a group of employees when adding time to the time sheets. I have a group of 11 employees that are hourly, but guaranteed 40 hours/ week. It would be awesome if I could just click on a group name to add their time each day instead of clicking each individual name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Adam, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

I definitely agree and think this would be a great feature. We do currently have this as an option for the scheduler but not on the timesheets.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

7. Show OVERTIME DETAIL on the DETAIL REPORT!

Show the Overtime Detail on the Detailed Time Sheet Report!
    Right now, I have to print 2 time sheets for each employee, each week.
    The regular 'Time sheet' shows overtime, the Detail Time sheet does not!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Lynn, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I would love to get some more information on the workflow you are trying to accomplish. What information is on the detail report that is not on the timesheet report? What information specifically are you trying to get and show to the employee?

8. Daily Hours Manual Entry Per Task

At the end of the day the supervisor can enter in each workers hours per task, not start and stop times. This would also apply to personal time entry for each individual.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

9. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers great support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

10. copy entries

copy and past on timesheets

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The work on this feature has been started. This also includes some new features to both the timesheets and the schedules. Exciting things coming soon!

11. Flag Overtime

In week veiw, having a feature where we could flag overtime entries or even change that color from red to yellow, until the OT is resolved or Approved by Admin or Manager. Could be automatic and send an alert to the employee.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Julianne, thanks for providing your feedback with us!

As we continue to go and refine certain features I could definitely see us adding something like this and I think it would be very useful.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming features, so please keep voting!

12. Utilize widgets on Time Sheets

On time sheets, when you click an employee's time, perhaps a pop-up to edit or view a day or week instead of a complete redirect to a new page, so you don't have to go back to the top of time sheets and scroll down to where you were in order to move onto other employees' times. Or maybe just a widget to quickly edit an employee's time while still in time sheets, without a redirect to a separate web page to do so.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion, Brooke! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

13. Clock rounding to the nearest 1/2 hour.

Clock rounding to the nearest 1/2 hour. The 14 minute rounding does not work with some payroll companies setup.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for adding you suggestion to the Voting Forum! We prioritize the ideas with the most votes, so as more users support your idea, we’ll get to work on it! Please let us know if you have any other suggestions or questions. :)

14. Real Time Job Status -All employees

Ability to see the current day showing the employees status- what job he completed(Blue Colored) what job they are currently on(Green Color) Travel time should be automatic if they clock out from one job to the next activity. (option that can be selected by admin) I have a screenshot of a software used at my previous company. I could send it over.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

15. Allow minimum hours for showing up and clocking in on site.

Allow the app to automatically apply a minimum number of hours when clocking in. In many states, if not nationally, we already have to pay a minimum number of hours just for showing up. Being an inspection firm we charge a 4-hour minimum and this is passed to the employee in their pay. If clockshark could automatically apply this rule (with a minimum amount option) it would significantly decrease the time spent on payroll for us.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great suggestion, Brian. I remember being paid for a minimum of 2 hours in certain states, so your suggestion make perfect, logical sense. Let’s let other folks vote on it so we can understand if this is a widespread need and something we need to build for you.

16. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, Jordan. Thanks for posting your idea to the Voting Page. Currently, if an employee is clocked in, then beside their name on the timesheets, it will indicate their in-progress status, but it doesn’t show the accruing time in their timesheet until they clock out.

Your suggestion is a really great one: sometimes it would be convenient to see it in the calendar box, and have it appear in a different color. Let’s let folks vote on this suggestion, and we’ll consider it for a future update. Feel free to let us know if you have any other suggestions or ideas, Jordan.

17. automatic clock out options

an option to automatically clock employees out after a specific time of day instead of "after 23 hours" (ie. automatically clock John doe out after 8pm). That way they can clock in the next morning if an admin doesn't catch it in time.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

18. Time Sheet Filter for Multiple Employees in Time Sheet View

Time sheet filter to view two or more employee's time sheets as opposed to just one one employee's time sheet at a time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion, Megan. Out of curiosity, are you alluding to the mobile app, or the website? In the Web Site, you can view employees by department and location groupings. In the app, you can see just one employee’s timesheet at a time.

19. Edit Entire crews time sheets at once

We need to be able to edit multiple employee time sheets at once. If I have a crew leader clocking in and out for entire crew, I want to be able to edit the entire crews time at once. If we set up departments, I would like to click on that department and give a clock in and a clock out time for a day and it is distributed to all time sheets for that day in that department.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20. Add a way for employees to text or call in their clock in/out.

This would allow employees without smartphones to clock in via text or call. There is the CrewClock feature but sometimes employees are by themselves.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base