ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Modify budget hours with CO as those come up

Each job has original budgeted hours. In our case we deal with a lot of scope changes and change orders. Would love to see budgeted hours section expanded to add hours and notes as change orders are issued.

Other part is to add functionality for tasks and allowed hours for specific tasks which would/could tie in to Change Order as a task and budgeted hours for it.

Having budgeted hours as a whole when you have 15 or 50 tasks is not that helpful.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Pawel, thanks for giving us your feedback!

I really like this and I think incorporating optional tasks to more effectively track change orders could be a really valuable resource for lots of companies.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the support and votes coming and we will build this!

2. Send Text MSG to customers when workers are on the way

When the employee starts to a customers house notify the customer with a text msg stating employee's name with "Company" is on the way.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Jessica, thanks for providing your feedback with us! I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this.

3. Show task code numbers on website time clock

The task code numbers show up on the mobile app, but they do not show on the web browser version. We use the numbers to help sort categories of tasks. The categories all jumble together since it's alphabetical and not by our category numbers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Set specific rates/costs for individual jobs and tasks.

I would be very useful to be able to set specific rates for individual jobs and tasks. We often respond to call-outs from clients and there are a number of different charges that are applied dependent of the time of the call out and the day of the week e.g. one rate for a call-out in normal working hours, a different rate for outside normal working hours in the week and one more for weekend call-outs. for each of these situations the engineer will receive a different uplift to their pay so being able to link a rate to a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Adrian, thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

This is something that is possible with a lot of our payroll integrations. We can connect ClockShark Tasks to use a specific pay rate set in the payroll software you use so that when you export your time, all of this is done correctly for you.

However, this isn’t something we handle internally. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

5. Getting a report for a job and task

We do onsite servicing and I use the job list to record equipment we work on - my tasks show what we did
    I need a report that I can get a certain task we performed on a job
    Instead of having to run a job report and hunt for the task

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Sue, I do have some good news, we are actually coming out with a report shortly called the “Quick Summary Report” that will allow you to pull information totals from Customers, Jobs, Employees, Tasks, or a combination of them all. So this will be able to do what you are looking for. The one catch, is that this report won’t include all of the shift details and notes like the Job Details report has.

So that may be useful, but the next step would be to improve the filtering for the current reports to include that second level of selection.

6. Allow the job budget to be comprised of sub-budgets or task budgets

That way you could have a project or job with a budget of 500 hours, but 100 of that is budgeted to planning, while another 100 is budgeting for electrical work, etc.

As the work gets done you can see the progress of all the items getting done as well as the total progress. Notifications would be great as well!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

7. Create a job wage for Prevailing Wage jobs or multiple rates for each employee to accommodate for Prevailing Wages

We do several Prevailing wage jobs each week and I have no way of changing the payroll reports to the correct wage automatically in your program. It would be nice to be able to either have a "Job Wage" because all my guys make the same wage for certain Prevailing Wage jobs. I know I'm not the only one who has to deal with Prevailing Wage so I'm sure it would help a lot of payroll people.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Toni, thank you so much for your idea and feedback.

Makes a lot sense and I’m sure there are others that could get benefit out of this as well. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

8. Job Labor Budget - Individual(Selected) employee emailed, % Budget notifications

Two separate ideas under the Jobs Labor Budget
    -At our company, we, the administrators of Clockshark are office staff, are not the people who need to know when a job's budget hours progress to a certain point. Specific employees, project/operations managers, need to know how a job is progressing.

1. If you could insert or select specific employee(s) to be emailed instead of the administrators when the budget hours remaining are hit, under the Labor Budget option.

2. If instead of being notified when a job only has a certain number of hours remaining, could there also be check boxes in Labor…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Daniel, thanks for sharing your feedback and ideas with us!

I think both of these ideas could be really useful for lots of companies! With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

9. When an employee completes a job/task can they mark as complete or put a checkmark or have it disappear from their schedule?

When an employee completes a job/task can they mark as complete or put a checkmark or have it disappear from their schedule?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Haley, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

Just to get a little more information, would you like a checklist inside the job that the employees can use or customize and check off their duties? Or do you want them to actually check off the job/task, or possibly both solutions? Thanks for the information!

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

10. Task Hours in Real Time

1) Enter Job hours for a Project in Quickbooks
    2) Integrate those budgeted hours with TASKS in Clockshark
    3) Enable Manager and Foreman to see remaining hours available per task.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey John! Thanks for sharing your feedback and idea with us.

This would be a great feature to offer a little more functionality with project management. We did just recently update our QBO integration to support overtime, vacation and sick time, and custom pay rates. But I can definitely see something like this in the future.

With limited work time and tons of ideas, we base everything on the support it receives. Let’s get some votes and we can go from there!

11. It would be great if there was a way for a map to show all active jobs for logistic planning

When scheduling jobs it would be nice to be able to look at a map with pins of active jobs. This would help with scheduling logistics for multiple locations.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

12. notes from Quickbooks

pull notes section from Quickbooks to scheduled notes on clockshark

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Lauren, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

Just to gather some more feedback, what notes section on QuickBooks are you referring to? Our notes in ClockShark do currently transfer over to the notes section on the employee timesheets in QuickBooks.

13. Attach notes to a job

Currently, notes attach to a job through an employee clocked into that job. It would be great if the notes could be accessed by the job and not through the employee that made them originally. We do not give all employees full access but there are times an employee needs to know what has been done on a job.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thanks for the votes and the comments on this idea! Currently we have the ability for the employee to leave notes on the timesheet, as well as having an admin add notes/attachments to the job itself. These are available to be seen by the employee for more direction about that job.

We are exploring a more collaborative feature where the employee notes will be visible by the job that way you can easily view everything getting done as it pertains to each job!

14. Allow job adding when logged into kiosk mode

Would be great if an employee could add a job while he is logged into the kiosk mode...at this point, it seems this option is only available if they are logged into the crew clock mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Carre, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I can definitely see how that would be useful. Just to get some more feedback, what kind of employees are using the kiosk at the moment? Are these employees out in the field with a crew or are they generally at a set location like a warehouse or a job site?

15. Task grouping

It would be nice to be able to create a task group for commonly used task.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers great support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

16. on the schedule board create a filter for internal or external jobs (checkbox on the job record)

schedule board create a filter for internal or external jobs (checkbox on the job record)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Luke, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I’m not sure I’m fully understanding this idea, I would love to get some more information. Are you wanting to kind of group the schedules by where they are taking place?

17. Choose more than 1 job for Travel/Estimating

The initial and last long distance travel hours would have more than 1 job assigned. Say our estimator travels 4-5 hours - at arrival he will then be going to 5 job locations all within 1/2hr of each other. Instead of having to break out the initial and end travel into the 5 jobs, just be able to add the jobs to those times in one group.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey again Lynn! This is an interesting dilemma that you are trying to solve. At the moment, the best solution is either to have him physically clock in and out to each job (or maybe each location could be a task under a job) or to simply manually add them after the fact. This is the only way to get the job to have time associated with it.

But as far as future options, what are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to have each job have specific hours associated to it? Or do you just want to say that in these 30 minutes he did these 5 things. But no time associated to them? Almost like a checklist of what he accomplished. Once again I would love your feedback, thanks for everything!

18. Auto overtime associated with tasks.

Have a task automatically calculate overtime hours when chosen on a job.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

I think this a great idea and could be very helpful to users is tons of different areas.

19. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Janie, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. And personally I know I would use this a ton! With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

20. Job description and attachments online for non Admin employees.

Need ability for non Admin employees to see job description and attachments while working with web version. So far only admin can see as well as add and modify all job notes. Will be great to have employees able to open Job attachments on PC so they have full view of large documents.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that this is something currently in the works.

Soon employees will be able to get a view only version of the jobs they have access to so they can see the attachments, description, address, etc.

We also just released the “edit jobs” manager permission recently which allows anyone with that permission to edit jobs they have access to as well as create new ones.

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base