ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PTO Report change

I would like to see a PTO report that looks more like the Employee Detail Report, instead of Time Sheet Report. I want to see when an Employee used his PTO for the year, and I have to have 52 pages of report per employee to sift thru to find it, since it will only put one week per page. I would just like a listing of the PTO days, leaving work days off.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Kylie, thank you so much for providing this feedback and allowing others to view this and vote also!

I can definitely see how this would be an easier solution to just get the total hours and specific days.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. But everyone keep voting and we’ll get this done!

2. Report: Employee total hours for selected dates

We're looking for a printable report that shows what's on the current "Approve Timesheets" screen: employee name and total regular/OT/DT hours worked for the selected time period.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Alison! Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

I think this is a great idea and one others have expressed for job hours as well. Do you think it would be helpful to have a breakdown underneath these quick totals that would have the total hours for each job/task that the employee worked on?

We are exploring this option so I would love any feedback that you can provide!

3. Summarize the Jobs worked on Employee Details

The Job Details report has a summary section at the end of the page for each Job that shows the employees who worked and the total hours each employee worked for that Job. I would love to see the same level of detail on the Employee Details report that would show the number of hours the employee worked for each Job for that date period. As a small company I have to manually accumulate the employee hours worked for entry in each Job's invoice and then input them into an Invoice. Having the total hours worked for each Job would…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting other comment and vote with you.

I love this idea and can definitely see the value of providing this information. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let’s get more votes and we can get this built!

4. Create a biweekly report for payoll

I would like a report that has job totals for a two week period. Currently, I have to print two week reports and add them together. Also, this should be able to be downloaded loaded in a “pretty” report that I do not have to manipulate before working on it.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Happy to say that the “Last 2 Weeks” option is back for exporting and the reports.

Other than that, I do think the biweekly option for the Timesheets report in particular is a great idea!

Let’s keep the votes coming and we can look into getting this built!

5. Timesheet Report Printing Option: Ability to sort and print by department in one batch vs needing to print department by department

Timesheet Report Printing Option: Ability to sort and print by department in one batch vs needing to print department by department

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey again Wendy! Thanks for sharing your idea with the community.

I think this could be super useful on even more reports for larger companies or even anyone with lots of departments.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

6. Being able to print timesheets including the notes employees leave

Being able to print timesheets from the reports menu that include the notes employees leave.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey everyone, thanks for sharing the support for this idea.

Just wanted to grab more information for this idea. Specifically how you would like the notes to be formatted. Would you want the notes on the same page as the report and just underneath, or would you prefer them to just start on a new page? Also just listed out in a log form? With this report there isn’t a great way to put the reports with the specific shift since it just adds everything up by the day. Thanks for any feedback!

7. Employee Contact Reports

Allow me to pull reports and quickly see employee "information" details (i.e. user/password, hourly rate). It is annoying to have open each employee profile to verify that the hourly rate is correct or get phone numbers. It would also be nice to be able to add Job Titles

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Nicole, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I can definitely see how a quick report to get the employee password, email, role, and other information would be super useful.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

8. Monthly time sheet for each employee Report

Hi there,

I need to run a monthly time sheet report for my employees from the Reports section, It would make my life simplified, and cut alot of time, if I could have the report in an monthly format than just weekly CSV or PDF.

Please.

Thanks

Bernard

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Bernard, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I would love to get a little more detail on exactly what you are looking for. Are you wanting a monthly format for all employee reports? Specifically the employee details, employee summary, timesheets, and maybe pay rate report? Or just a certain report?

Are you trying to just get a quick total of the hours, or are you wanting it broken by job and task? And what are you using this information for? I know that was a lot of questions, thanks for any more feedback!

9. Reporting Idea

Developing a report that cross references employees with jobs and hours worked instead of per week break downs of jobs and hours worked

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Breenae, thanks for adding your idea to the forum!

Just to grab some more information, are you wanting a report that just shows how many hours each employee had on each job?

Or are you wanting the Employee Details report to show totals for that employee? That way for a certain period of time you can see which jobs and how many hours an employee had.

10. print active and inactive jobs/projects

We as a customer/user of clock shark we should be able to generate a report using “active” and/or “inactive” Job/projects for a particular vendor

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

11. Employee Summary Report -- Include PTO Summary at Bottom

This should include a summary below the table for PTO amounts taken by each employee...other "task types" would be helpful, too

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Zachary, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

Are you wanting the report in a weekly format? Or are you looking for some report that provides quick totals?

We are considering a report that gives you quick regular hours, OT hours, PTO hours, etc. for the employee. And then an optional breakdown that could provide the hours worked per job or task. Does this sound useful or anything you would change with this? Would love any feedback you can provide!

12. Allow me to run a report that reflects the daily over time and weekly over time and specific time period report.

Within the employee detail report or the time sheets report. I would like to see a daily over time total, weekly over time and total over time for the pay period I am running payrolls for. Something similar to "my time sheet"
    Something like this: Monday 8.00 reg/ 0.25 over time
    Weekly: 40.00 Reg and below it. Over Time 0.32, just like the my sheet and for the pay period would be nice to see as pay period total regular time then beneath it pay period total over time as a confirmation for the breakdown of the daily, weekly and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Teresa, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I think this is a great idea and one others have expressed in similar fashions. We are considering a report that gives you quick regular hours, OT hours, PTO hours, etc. for the employee for a certain date range. And then an optional breakdown that could provide the hours worked per job or task.

This would just have OT hours, not a difference between daily OT and weekly OT, but do you think that would still be helpful?

13. Add means of reports on the details of the job not just time stamps...so if I want reports to see if jobs have been paid.

I'd like to be able to see more than just time stamps in reports. There are many details in those jobs that I'd like to keep track of.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Tara, thanks for sharing your idea!

What other kinds of details are you looking for the reports to display? Those are generally for show the total time, overtime, start/end times, and more. Any other specific information you could provide?

14. Why can't I change the date on a report by clicking the box and typing it in. I loathe the click to the right date for start and finish met

On the job details date range, please let me tab or click and key in the date. I just cannot get the click the date to work 95% of the time across months. It makes me feel stupid which is never good.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Rhonda, totally understand where you are coming from.

We are revamping the date selector to be a little easier to use where you can type it in. We are also adding more options such as last 30 days, last 90 days, this year, and more!

15. Custom Reports

Allow an option for setting up a custom report. I want to be able to spit out my employees time sheets in a certain order like by day with job number, task, total time that day for that task, and then a sum total of the hours worked that day as well as a week total. Right now I have to get an excel file from clock shark and then convert formats and copy and paste it into a excel template I've made. It's very time consuming.

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

16. Create a report that shows when an employee arrives and departs a job site

ClockShark is already using GPS data to remind employees to sign in and out.. by adding this report, the back office could audit the employees time based on how long they were at a site. An example might be that an employee visits 5 nearby sites in a row. By using the GPS arrival and departure data, time clock hours can be verified or the data could even used to create the entry. Call it "Follow Me"

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers great support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

17. GPS Trak summary

Would be great to be able to view an employee's GPS Trak location trails for a few days, or a week, all on one map.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Howard, thanks for sharing your idea and and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

I can definitely see how this could be useful and time saving. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

18. Exporting to excel in a structured format

Need the ability to export job and/or employee raw time to excel in a structured format. Currently the format exported to excel is the same format as the pdf format.. The is no way to use the current spreadsheets to perform crosstabs etc..
    I would have thought that this type of export (data dump) would be included with the system, as there no formatting involved.

Currently ALL excel exports are unusable for analytics.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey again Luke, thanks for providing feedback for us!

Definitely nice to have a data dump sort of file. That is why we have the CSV export. Have you tried using this? Is there anything in particular that doesn’t work for you with this report?

19. Add a column when exporting the Job Details report to a CSV that converts the time worked per employee to a decimal.

Currently it shows the time worked in the format "hours:minutes". So, for a time worked of 2 hours and 45 minutes would show as "2:45". While this may make it easy to understand for someone who is only interested in reading the report, it makes things way more difficult and highly inefficient for someone like me who is using the report to calculate the amount of money spent on labor per job. Excel automatically converts this format to a time of day which makes it impossible to convert to anything else within Excel so I'm left going through every employees…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Hayden, you can change your preference of decimal time or hours/minutes on ClockShark by going to Admin > Company Settings.

If you want hours/minutes on the site, but decimal on the report you could create a quick macro that would add a new column and do the conversion for you!

20. Requesting a report that would trend either employees or jobs that have frequent: Out of Bounds, Missed Clock In/Out.

Requesting a report that would trend either employees or jobs that have frequent: Out of Bounds, Missed Clock In/Out. It would help to identify employees who are incorrectly using Clockshark or Jobs that are incorrectly inputted into the system. Additionally, a report that could track how attendance instead of hours for exempt employees.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that this something we are currently researching and planning to build and release soon! Keep a look out!

Let us know if there are any specific formatting or grouping requirements you would like as well.

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base