ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow you to add a lead employee on each job with reports to see a quick evaluation of projects for the month

On each project I would like to be able to choose a lead employee on that job so I can do a quick report to view his projects to see hours bid vs actual hours and such.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fleet tracking add-on or integration

Offer a fleet tracking GPS module for trucks or integrate with a fleet tracking provider so that ClockShark time tracking GPS and fleet tracking GPS info can be combined into a single view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Photo Sharing

Giving clients access to photos.
    This opens up another market of clients happy with the Clock Shark experience. We renovate houses. Giving my clients easy access to progress shots ads to the experience. They feel more connected.
    It also means I don't have to sort photos from text, email, Messenger etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add a separate field for Parts/Tools/Materials Used

Add a Parts/Tools Used Field, much like the notes field.

In our line of business we use all sorts of tools and do many runs for parts everyday, a place to input those aside from the notes field would be superb! Please and Thank You!

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

5. Client Reminders

Some of my clients require appointment reminders. It would be extremely helpful if the software could send an automated email to clients for whom we've turned on that feature. If client is on the schedule then "x" number of days before appointment send quick email with appointment date and employee they can expect.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing this idea on the Voting Page, Abena. Adding features that allow customers to interact with ClockShark is a visionary idea, and one that customers continue to ask for. Let’s let folks vote for this suggestion so we can consider adding it in a future update.

6. Implement mass file attachment exporting

Could be as simple as "download all attachments" next to the job name in the Time Sheet web view.

Alternately, being able to select large numbers of attachments to export based on reporting criteria (job, employee, date range etc) would be excellent.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this suggestion, Matthew. Getting all the notes/attachments quickly for specific dates is something we have been considering, so thanks for providing a place where other users can voice their support for the idea.

7. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

8. Set work week as M-F

It would be helpful to adjust the company settings so that the work week is Monday through Friday. I don't like seeing Saturday and Sunday on the calendar, and when you're setting up a repeating schedule for 3 weeks in a row at a certain job, right now I have to check the box for "weekly", and then select M, T, W, Th, Fri individually because if I just select "daily" then it schedules the weekend as well.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add the ability to insert a note on a specific day, without having to add time. Such as when an employee takes a vacation day or is sick.

For example,
    John Smith, did not work. On vacation today.
    or John Smith, did not work. Took personal day.
    Something to have a reference for that particular day.

245 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing your support for this idea here! As support continues to mount for this idea, our development team will plan how to bring this to you in ClockShark. :)

Reading this idea, and all the comments below, I can see that the consensus is that administrators would like a way to designate an Off/Holiday/PTO day, without having to insert any time for an employee. Currently, in ClockShark there is an available workaround that’s equivalent to the feature being requested.

If you’d like to see how to designate that an employee will be taking (or took) a day off, Morgan from our Customer Success team explains how to do that here: https://soapbox.wistia.com/videos/SkNhqgi9Kc

Feel free to let me know if this video is helpful, or if you have any other suggestions/ideas regarding how we can improve ClockShark for you. I love hearing your ideas.

10. Text or email a customer when a service person is on the way to them.

Have a feature to text or email the customer when the service person is on the way to them.
    Set up options would be to allow the administrator or the servicer to send it.
    Text, email or both would be in the customer set up.
    Could add Geo tracking to automatically send it when the tech is a certain distance.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

11. Last date of service

It would be helpful to see the last date service was provided for a customer and perhaps a notes section for what was done on that date, this would be extremely helpful for warranty issues for our company.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12. Give the notes section some love! (Admin-approval, notifications, time-stamps, calendar view!)

• See notes from a calendar view.

• Dashboard notifications for recently created notes

• Ability to approve notes/ OR viewed option similar to the check box that removes the error message when you forget to clock out?

• Allow notes editing even after job completion (with a time stamp)

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add reciepts for materials?

Add materials receipts.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Mark. Using the Notes and Attachments features, employees can take pictures of their receipts and upload them with their time punches. This is a great way to exchange information from the field with the office.

14. Gives employees an option to mark per diem for overnight stays

When an employee has to stay over night our company pays them a per diem. Currently they can leave a note saying they had an overnight but it would be nice if there was a box to check that would also show up in the reports ran with hours worked. That way after the employer runs the weekly hours they wouldn't also have to open up all of the notes to see if there is an overnight.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a really great request, and it’s one many folks have begun to bring up. Please keep voting your support for this idea, and we’ll consider adding it in a future update.

If you have any other questions or suggestions, please let me know. I love to hear them.

15. Have the ability to receive notifications per department as opposed to all users

I have to review labor hours on a specific group so I'd like to be able to only receive notifications from that group and not company wide.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Users classified as hourly "employee", salaried "superintendent", or "subcontractor "

I would like an option to specify different types of users that would clock in. For instance, a user could be an hourly "employee", a contracted "subcontractor", or a salaried "superintendent". All of their time needs to be allocated to active jobs, but compensation may not be tied to actual hours worked.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great idea, and one that we receive more-and-more, especially with larger companies. Please keep your votes coming, folks, so we know to add this in a future update.

17. Allow overtime rules at employee level

We need to be able to set different overtime rules for different employees. This would be a nice feature.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Batch job name replacement before exporting!

My guys usually make up an easy name to remember a particular long term job. My QB usually has a more detailed name. I have to go one by one and change the job name day by day for each employee to get it to the right job name before I export the week.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. status.clockshark.com

Web page that tells whether or not ClockShark's servers are working. This would help users determine whether or not the problem is with the user's network. It also allows for transparency. For example, see these status sites:

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Andrew,

This is a really excellent idea: thanks for sharing those links to give our development team an idea of how you would like that feature to appear.

We’re going to keep our eyes on this idea here (thanks for posting it) so that when enough votes have been collected, we’ll know to build it. If you have any other ideas, or suggestions, I’d love to hear them @ cliff@clockshark.com.

20. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ll consider adding this. One thing to try is creating a bookmark for the Who’s Working Now screen: then, any time you click it (even after logging in), it will redirect you there.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base