ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow the users to download lists of the current active employees, jobs, and tasks.

From the website, being able to download CSV lists of the current active employees (maybe name and email listed), as well as jobs (with name, number, address, description), and tasks (name and number). This would be a super quick and easy way to view everything in the system and not miss anything.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This currently an option if you contact our support team, they will be able to get you all this information!

But I think this would be a really valuable resource if the user could do this. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

2. Allow foreman scheduled to see employees who they are scheduled with

Allow a Foreman/Employee scheduled to see his scheduled crew from his employee schedule tab.

A foreman/employee can currently see from his schedule

"Schedule Note"
    "Job Description" &
    "Attachments"

Please add a tab to view Employee/Crew Scheduled for this Shift

"Who's Scheduled?"

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Jonathan, a new feature we added allows you to view the schedule on the mobile app by job. This way the crew leader would be able to see everyone scheduled at once for a specific job. Do you think that adequately fills this need?

3. Set each employee's availability

Set schedule availability for each employee so they aren't able to be scheduled on unavailable days/times

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thanks for the great feedback and ideas! I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

4. Allow me to edit a start time while the employee is clocked in. It would save me having to keep a paper trail until the end of the day.

Allow me to edit a start time while the employee is clocked in. It would save me having to keep a paper trail until the end of the day.

184 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thanks for all the votes and comments for this idea!

This idea in particular is a little tricky because it is a big change that can affect lots of aspects across the entire platform. But as we grow we will continue to assess the ways that we can meet the needs of our users.

5. When an employee completes a job/task can they mark as complete or put a checkmark or have it disappear from their schedule?

When an employee completes a job/task can they mark as complete or put a checkmark or have it disappear from their schedule?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Haley, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

Just to get a little more information, would you like a checklist inside the job that the employees can use or customize and check off their duties? Or do you want them to actually check off the job/task, or possibly both solutions? Thanks for the information!

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

6. Invoice

If this had the ability to make an invoice that integrated with Quick Books that would be awesome. Right now we have to use a separate ap for that.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thanks for all the votes and support for this idea.

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

7. Saving filters

When applying filters,make a way to save your filters. After applying filters, when you click on something else in ClockShark then go back you need to make your filters again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

I know I would use this a ton and I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

8. Select multiple employees at the same time to change schedule or drag to new time

I cannot select multiple employees on the same day of the calendar to update their task. If a project changes and I have three people on the project I have to go in to each of their tasks and update individually. As such I cant select multiple employees and drag them at the same time

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Maya, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies and should definitely be a part of a future scheduler update. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

9. Admin only notes

Currently there is one type of note, which is viewable by both admins and by employees. It would be nice to have a second type of note available, ONLY viewable by admins. This would allow admins to make confidential notes for that employee's entry for that day, that may contain sensitive information which that specific employee is not privy to.

(I posted this new idea recently and for some reason it was moved to a comment on a completely different idea that was not at all what I am suggesting here)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey again! That was me that merged your idea with the other idea so I might not be fully understanding this. I know you want the idea of an “admin only” note that they could view on the timesheets.

Would this be attached to the employee’s shift itself, or as a standalone note with no time associated with it. Almost like you could just put an admin only sticky note on the timesheets page. Something like on the 1/31/2020 timesheet for John Smith “John’s car broke down today, he won’t be in till 3 pm.”

Or would you like an admin only note that could be both associated with or without a time segment? Thanks for more information!

10. Admin flags

Allow admins an option to flag individual days for specific employees with customized alerts, and have these flags be searchable. For instance, every time an employee is late, an admin could create a flag with an alert using the keyword "LATE". The admin could then search through a specified date range to find all instances where this flag had been added to the employee's times.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there, thanks for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

We are currently in the process of building a report that does something very similar. This report would be able to give you all the notifications like “late in”, “missing clock out”, “out of bounds”, etc. for certain employees and days.

11. Can you add a button to jump from one employee to the next one from within the window where we edit the daily or weekly timesheet?

Can you add a "jump" button that allows us to cycle through our employee list from person to person from within the time sheet individuall editing window? This would speed up our daily review of labor entries by allowing us to proceed quickly from one employee to the next. Perhaps in addition you could create an option to choose a specific employee from a drop down list allowing us to jump out of listed/alphabetical order in case we need to reference another person on the same team?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

12. when employees are notified about schedule changes, actually let them know what changed. Not just a blank statement of change.

When we click the tab to notify employees of schedule changes, it would be nice if the notice would include what date(s) actually changed on their schedule. Presently, they get a generic notice that just says there was a change.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Andy, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

13. Create a biweekly report for payoll

I would like a report that has job totals for a two week period. Currently, I have to print two week reports and add them together. Also, this should be able to be downloaded loaded in a “pretty” report that I do not have to manipulate before working on it.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Alisa, thanks for sharing your idea and providing a space for people to vote and comment.

Just to get some more feedback, are you referring to the timesheets reports or something else? Are you wanting this on one piece of paper, or one week per page?

Also to William’s point, this option is coming back soon!

14. ClockShark Questions to Specific Employees or Employment Tiers and tasks

I am so happy clockshark questions was added, however, I don't think it went far enough. I would love the ability to provide specific questionairres to only my managers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Let employees see their timesheet in Kiosk mode

I love kiosk mode, it saves time and so easy now. But the employee is not able to check previous days time. They would like to check their previous days to be sure they are in the correct job and have the correct time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Kristan, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

There is a lot of improvements we would like to make to the kiosk and I think this would be a great one!

16. Add a user who can manage and view (bookkeeper or other) but who doesnt use clocking in/out and therefor, is not a billed user each month.

Instead of having to give my admin log in to a bookkeeper or to another non-clocking in/out user AND instead of me having to print and send reports to a manager who doesnt clock in/out or to a bookkeeper - allow us to add a "manager" type user who can see info, reports etc. but who we dont have to pay for each month as fi they were clocking in and out.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Selah, thanks for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

17. PTO Report change

I would like to see a PTO report that looks more like the Employee Detail Report, instead of Time Sheet Report. I want to see when an Employee used his PTO for the year, and I have to have 52 pages of report per employee to sift thru to find it, since it will only put one week per page. I would just like a listing of the PTO days, leaving work days off.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Kylie, thank you so much for providing this feedback and allowing others to view this and vote also!

I can definitely see how this would be an easier solution to just get the total hours and specific days.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. But everyone keep voting and we’ll get this done!

18. Create electronic signature option for employees to sign timesheets

Create an electronic signature option for timesheets so that employees do not have to sign a physical copy of their timesheet at the end of each pay period. Also, allow for custom pay periods to be entered.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Summarize the Jobs worked on Employee Details

The Job Details report has a summary section at the end of the page for each Job that shows the employees who worked and the total hours each employee worked for that Job. I would love to see the same level of detail on the Employee Details report that would show the number of hours the employee worked for each Job for that date period. As a small company I have to manually accumulate the employee hours worked for entry in each Job's invoice and then input them into an Invoice. Having the total hours worked for each Job would…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting other comment and vote with you.

I love this idea and can definitely see the value of providing this information. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let’s get more votes and we can get this built!

20. Show ClockShark Job # In Job Mapping For Sage Integration

Have the clockshark job number appear with the job name on the Sage job integration list and make the clockshark job searchable by the job number.

I have multiple jobs with the same name but different numbers (they are different departments in Sage) and there is no way for me to tell if the mapping is correct because I cannot see the Clockshark job # on the integration list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base