ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 (M-F 7am-4pm PST) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com, to setup an international call.

Suggestions and feedback to improve the clockshark.com website experience.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. small tweaks

1. Ability to set customized auto break time
    2. Ability to automatically enter 40hrs/week for salary employees

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this idea, Steven. We are excited to see how it is received, and the support it gathers. How to handle salary employees in ClockShark is a common question we receive, so thanks for offering a way to navigate that employee status.

2. multiple time entries with one posting

The ability to manually add time with mulitple days. So lets say "john" doesn't have the ability to clock in himself, no phone, older and doesn't use a smart phone, etc. Manually, you can clock him in from one dialogue box from 8-4 with a lunch at 12 on:
    Mon x
    Tue x
    Thur x
    Sat x
    without having to post it four different times.
    or to be able to open someones time card and add him to it if they worked the same shift

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

3. Two week pay period reports

Have a way to calculate regular and overtime hours for a two week period. (For example on the first week of a pay period an employee has 38 hours and on the second the have 43. So for that pay period they would have 78 regular hours and 3 overtime hours.) Currently you need to check week by week and add the hours together manually.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Job order to be scheduled manually instead of alphabetically

I'd like to see the jobs scheduled for each employee on any given day to be shown in the actual order that they need to be done rather than just listed alphabetically.
    "Fred" is doing job's "A", "B", and "C" today but he needs to go to "C" 1st, then "A", then finish the day with "B".
    We currently have to let each employee know by phone or email the order in which his jobs need to be done so there a reasonable amount of wasted time here that could be saved.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

5. Show the start and end times of a lunch break on the Employee Detail report

I would like to see in the employee detail report the start and end time of the lunch break. not just the total break time taken.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6. TimeSheet Options

When pritning reports there should be an option next to "All Employees" for "Employees with Time" that way I can prit out time sheets for employees that have accrued time in the selected pay period instead of having to go thru, write down the names, and then go and select only those employees.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, Nicole. Not having to select only the employees with time, or not having to throw away “blank” timesheets, would be super helpful.

Let’s let folks vote on this, and we’ll try to get this added for you as it gathers support. Thanks for your valuable input.

7. View job decription

For the admins - once a job is complete to have the ability to view job description on the dashboard as well as the reports.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This sounds like a great idea! Just to clarify for our development team, by “complete”, do you mean that the employees have finished working on it, or the Administrator has finished adding it to the account?

Feel free to reply with any details you may have, and folks, remember to vote to for your favorite ideas.

8. Allow employees to be sorted manually, not just alphabetically

Give the Administrator the ability to be able to sort employees manually, or put them into groups - so that they will appear on the screen in the order that we want to see them. You could have a Supervisor and then everyone on their crew instead of just an alphabetical listing

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9. Customizable date/time format

The date and time format should be somewhat customizable, I like to use an ISO date/time (which is eg. 2016-10-31 15:30:00) both for view and download. Converting, especially with this am/pm time is not always so straightforward besides of driving me crazy :/

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

10. Move finished/unapproved jobs to folder(s)

Need the ability to move jobs that are not active to folders for organization. As a future feature, I would like to be able to file away completed jobs, whether locally or in your cloud. I can imagine that after a year or two, this job page will become quite onerous with hundreds of entries to sort through. As we use ClockShark, we have jobs active, jobs quoted but not approved, jobs denied, jobs invoiced and jobs completed and ready to invoice. It would be nice to be able to move jobs out of the jobs screen to facilitate easier…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a really great suggestion. Having a way to “filter” your jobs screen by job status would be very helpful. We’ll keep our eyes on this idea’s support so we know when to add this for you. :)

Reading the comments, Mallories is correct: you do already have some options when dealing with completed jobs in ClockShark.

1. You can delete them, which will remove them from the app and the Admin > Jobs screen. (Note: the time data doesn’t disappear: you can always run any report for “All Jobs” to manifest the time for deleted jobs).

2. Or you can inactivate a job which will remove it from the list of jobs in the app, but will leave it in view on the Admin > Jobs screen. This is helpful if a job won’t be worked on for a while. Inactivating jobs in QuickBooks inactivates them in Clockshark…

11. Edit Screen

It would be nice to move to next employee from the edit screen, save having to go back and scroll down to next

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12. Alter time entering

I find the format for entering time manually to be somewhat crude. Scrolling through hours and hours seems needless. Instead of choosing from a simple list of times in 15 minute increments, I'd rather be able to choose each section of the time separately, i.e. one dial / dropdown for hour, a separate one for minutes, and a separate drop down for am / pm. If you look at how Apple Calendar operates, it is much much more intuitive and much easier to enter times manually. It works the same in Mac OS X and iOS. You can choose each…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

13. Create a "Pending" option when scheduling.

With regard to scheduling appointments, I suggest you have a "Pending Time" option button along with the date and time currently displayed. There are customers who reserve appointment dates but are uncertain of the time. We would like to show this appointment on the calendar so our technician can plan his day accordingly. This would eliminate the alert if the tech is running late or has to reschedule due to interference with another job. Perhaps a "Pending Date" option would be great as well.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. total hours over multiple weeks

A place where you can see total hours for a given job. Many times I have to scroll through each week and manually add up my hours which on some jobs is 6 months long.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Judith! I just wanted to share that the Job Details report in ClockShark can cover up to 365 days, so hopefully it can provide you with the info you need. If not, will you let me know?

15. The "description" field in job creation should be the same thing as "notes" field when scheduling a job.

I put client contact info in the "description" and I'd like it to show up in the "notes" when I schedule the job so the crew has that info. As it is now I have to type it all out again and again every time I schedule the job.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, Clint. The Job Description appears in the Job Information tab in the app, so by design, it is separate from the schedule notes, which are intended to be specific to the employee being scheduled.

Feel free to let me know if that helps. Of course, you can use both fields as you like. There is now wrong way. :)

16. Calendar drop down menu

When looking at a payroll week, it would be nice to have a drop down menu to click on and select the time frame you are looking for versus having to click on the arrows to move forward or back by the week. When I am trying to find what job an employee was on several weeks ago I have to keep clicking on the arrow to go back to that week.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17. Setting an expire time on jobs

Being able to set an expiration date on jobs so they they automatically expire and become inactive after a set period time would be nice.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18. Print notes separate from time worked

A way to print notes (PDF) separately from any time worked. That way we can keep track of materials used on job sites. Currently they do not print on time card. When I cut and paste all the information does not transfer.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Laurie, this is a great suggestion, and we will definitely take it to heart. Have you gotten a chance to see the Employee Details report? That does give you the option to include notes for the report, if that helps.

We’ll consider your suggestion for a future update! Please let me know if you have any other suggestions. :)

19. View task(s) from top level timesheet.

I have to update/modify the tasks for the employees before exporting to QB's, and since I can't easily see them without clicking or getting a report its very time consuming to click through each day for each employee. If I could easily see it I might only need to click on a couple. =)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this suggestion, Stacy. Being able to see those tasks from the View TimeSheets screen would be a great boon. We’ll consider this for a future update.

Folks, if you can, please share your support and votes for this idea below.

20. Summary reports when reviewing hours for a project for the day (without having to go to reports, select job, select time frame etc)

When reviewing all hours logged towards one project for the day, have a summary report easily accessible by task at the click of a button.

Right now, you can view all the hours logged towards that project for that employee for the day. Sometimes our guys have to use a few tasks that day and switch back and forth. It would be nice for a summary to be at the end of that page saying 20 hours toward task A and 40 hours towards Task B for the day. Instead of having to go through the reports tab and selecting…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this great suggestion, Alysa. Being able to quickly view that information would be extremely helpful and convenient. We’ll keep this idea monitored so we know how much support there is for it, and if we should start adding that for you.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base