ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. View job decription

For the admins - once a job is complete to have the ability to view job description on the dashboard as well as the reports.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This sounds like a great idea! Just to clarify for our development team, by “complete”, do you mean that the employees have finished working on it, or the Administrator has finished adding it to the account?

Feel free to reply with any details you may have, and folks, remember to vote to for your favorite ideas.

2. Move finished/unapproved jobs to folder(s)

Need the ability to move jobs that are not active to folders for organization. As a future feature, I would like to be able to file away completed jobs, whether locally or in your cloud. I can imagine that after a year or two, this job page will become quite onerous with hundreds of entries to sort through. As we use ClockShark, we have jobs active, jobs quoted but not approved, jobs denied, jobs invoiced and jobs completed and ready to invoice. It would be nice to be able to move jobs out of the jobs screen to facilitate easier…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a really great suggestion. Having a way to “filter” your jobs screen by job status would be very helpful. We’ll keep our eyes on this idea’s support so we know when to add this for you. :)

Reading the comments, Mallories is correct: you do already have some options when dealing with completed jobs in ClockShark.

1. You can delete them, which will remove them from the app and the Admin > Jobs screen. (Note: the time data doesn’t disappear: you can always run any report for “All Jobs” to manifest the time for deleted jobs).

2. Or you can inactivate a job which will remove it from the list of jobs in the app, but will leave it in view on the Admin > Jobs screen. This is helpful if a job won’t be worked on for a while. Inactivating jobs in QuickBooks inactivates them in Clockshark…

3. Need to be able to see an employee break time in the console

I need to be able to see an employee's break time in the console. As it is now, when and employee begins or ends break, I see a popup. I need to see the summary of their break time as well in this field, or I need to have them not be able to use the break button. We have employees who will take advantage sometimes if no one is watching them, and clock back in before they start working. I cannot tell this happened until they are off the clock entirely. I would like to shut off the break…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the input, Scott. Just to confirm, are you looking for a way to see where an employee has taken a break, before they’ve clocked out? Feel free to share any other details you might have.

4. Add reciepts for materials?

Add materials receipts.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Mark. Using the Notes and Attachments features, employees can take pictures of their receipts and upload them with their time punches. This is a great way to exchange information from the field with the office.

5. Freeze the 'date row' in Scheduling for scrolling

I would be great if we could see which day we are on when we're scrolled down in the scheduling page.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Master Lists of Employees and Tasks that can be saved and pasted to Jobs that use the same crews

Have the ability to create lists of Employees and Tasks that can be pasted into Jobs that have the same crew and tasks assigned. We have many Jobs that have the same people and tasks and entering them over and over is time consuming, when using "Allow Only"

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

7. Gives employees an option to mark per diem for overnight stays

When an employee has to stay over night our company pays them a per diem. Currently they can leave a note saying they had an overnight but it would be nice if there was a box to check that would also show up in the reports ran with hours worked. That way after the employer runs the weekly hours they wouldn't also have to open up all of the notes to see if there is an overnight.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a really great request, and it’s one many folks have begun to bring up. Please keep voting your support for this idea, and we’ll consider adding it in a future update.

If you have any other questions or suggestions, please let me know. I love to hear them.

8. Include new and recently inactive employee names on monthly ClockShark receipt

As we get more employees added its harder to audit the amount charged when there is no name attached to the billed amount. I would like to see the breakdown on unused and prorated time for employees added and deleted for that period.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

9. Divide day into tasks after clocking in and out

Employees should be able to divide their day by tasks without manually clocking in and out for each task separately.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10. change the "my time sheet" tab

from the "my time sheet" tab you should be able to edit your time if you have admin rights.
    having to go back and forth is time consuming.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

11. Have the ability to receive notifications per department as opposed to all users

I have to review labor hours on a specific group so I'd like to be able to only receive notifications from that group and not company wide.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12. Allow for Mileage to be added to a specific job.

We allow our employees to use their own vehicles and reimburse them for that mileage. I wish there was a way we could track that on this app.

167 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Mileage tracking is something that we do hear a fair number of you requesting, so it’s something we’ll consider adding to ClockShark on a future update. Current feature addition projects are taking priority, so if you like this idea then please vote in with your support.

13. Comfirm an employee saw their schecule

Can you have a check make, smiley face, or something next the the employee's name once they look at there own schedule/Job for the next day.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a delightful idea! :)

14. set a minimum call time ie shift rounded up to 3 hours if only 2.5 hours between clock in and out

we have a minimum call of 3 hours on a shift but have to adjust as no automatic option to round up

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. -Employee detail report should have a line for daily total, weekly total, monthly total and overall total when run any specific time period.

-Employee detail report should have a line for daily total, weekly total, monthly total and overall total when run any specific time period. It would be nice to not have to add these up manually to see the entire month, or the last 30, etc. when running report for longer period of time. Also, a line for overtime would be nice on this report.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. A check box for billable jobs on the phone app.

A check box on the phone app so that the field crews can quickly hit billable if they are doing service or a time and materials job. It even helps at the same job depending on the task being performed at the time.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17. Show Budgeted Hours when viewing Time Sheets by job

When in the Time Sheets tab, can you please show the budgeted hours when viewing "By Job." That data should be really simple to include on this page. A simple bar graph would actually be even better, but at least the budgeted hours should be shown during this view. Currently, the only way that I can see how to view budgeted hours vs actual is by going into the Admin Jobs section. Thanks.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. "Who's working now?" screen: show recent clock outs for several hours after

Have employee location pins show up partially transparent (or gray) for several hours (8?) after the employee clocks out so we can see their last clock out location on the Who's working now screen. This way we can see an overview of who's still working and finished working that day.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Summary reports when reviewing hours for a project for the day (without having to go to reports, select job, select time frame etc)

When reviewing all hours logged towards one project for the day, have a summary report easily accessible by task at the click of a button.

Right now, you can view all the hours logged towards that project for that employee for the day. Sometimes our guys have to use a few tasks that day and switch back and forth. It would be nice for a summary to be at the end of that page saying 20 hours toward task A and 40 hours towards Task B for the day. Instead of having to go through the reports tab and selecting…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this great suggestion, Alysa. Being able to quickly view that information would be extremely helpful and convenient. We’ll keep this idea monitored so we know how much support there is for it, and if we should start adding that for you.

20. View more than a 7 day range ...

I am in the process of doing payroll, and I do not see the option to change the date range of more than just 7 days when looking at Timesheets. I would be nice to have the option of changing the range from more than 7 days (or freedom to choose the date range, other than the span of only 7 days).

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Recently releases was the capability to pull a time sheets report for multiple weeks in a single report. Editing is still based on a 7 day date range. If you need the ability to edit more than 7 days at a time, please vote in with your support.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base