ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

2. merge duplicated jobs

If there are duplicated jobs, need a way to merge them into one job if time has been entered

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for supporting this idea with votes and comments.

I definitely think this would be incredibly useful, especially when things are crazy manually merging jobs with a tedious process is the last thing you want to do. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

3. Allow overtime rules at employee level

We need to be able to set different overtime rules for different employees. This would be a nice feature.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Budget Report

We would like to run reports by certain jobs to show our actual hours spent, verses our budget projects to see where we stand.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone, thanks for all the continued votes and support! I just wanted to check in with this idea. This information (budget vs. actual hours) is available for quick viewing on the Admin > Jobs page.

So it sounds like the major wants are a report that displays all this information and a way for certain employees/managers to easily view this information as well. Does that sound right or are there any more specific details or use cases you want to provide? I would love any more information, thanks!

5. Add a default sort option for tasks or jobs.

It would be very handy to set a default sort option for tasks or jobs.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If anyone would like to see a different sort option for tasks and jobs in ClockShark, please endorse below with your votes and/or some details for our development team.

6. Add Overtime by Job Report

This report would help companies that need to bill overtime by job. Currently you can see your overtime totals but cannot easily see which job the overtime was caused by.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

7. Use Local Time Zone

I didn't find any previous articles for this issue. My company is based in Oregon (PST) but has employees across the country. It appears that all time entries are converted to PST. This makes it very confusing when adding brakes, looking at time, etc. I would very much prefer that the punches were recorded in the local time zone.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

8. Photo of Employee

It would be nice to have a photo icon of employees in the system since sometimes it is hard to remember everyone's name.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow customers/clients to view reports for their Jobs

Provide a way for customers/clients to access reports for jobs, so they can track progress and billable hours.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

10. Allow me to set my work day, say from 7 am to 9 pm and then when clicking on the time

Allow me to set my work day,
    say from 7 am to 9 pm and then when clicking on the time, I dont have to scroll from, 12 am to 7am
    Make it a user defined default but if I want I can start the clock at 5 am on the odd time that may happen.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great idea and something we definitely want to implement as we continue to improve the scheduler to be even better.

Please keep voting and commenting as the more support this gets the faster it will get built!

11. Let me arrange employees on shift page

This way I could group people working together. I don't care about alphabetical order.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is in need of an update! While you cannot manually change the order of the employees on the page, you can select which individual employees you want to see.

You can also select pre-made groups by using our locations/departments you can view certain people at a time so you don’t have to view everyone.

We also have a PTO/sick time feature that you can enable and have employees request time off, approve time off, and everything shows up automatically on the Timesheets and Schedules!

And to Stu’s point, if shifts have the exact same times listed, then we just list them alphabetically. But if you give shifts times like Job A is 10-12, Job B is 12-2, and Job C is 2-5, then everything displays correctly!

12. Add option for certified payroll work

We have employees working on several different jobs. Some tasks require certified payroll (Davis-Bacon). Would like ability to include check box for certified payroll--on a task basis.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, just wanted to provide an update. This is always going to be an option going forward, but at the moment it is a little out of the scope of what we are trying to accomplish here at ClockShark.

We do track all the necessary time information within ClockShark and the CSV Export report includes all the details you need for certified payroll. If anyone is looking for certified payroll, we do have an affiliate relationship with Points North and you can request more information here. https://www.certifiedpayrollreporting.com/clockshark

13. Autogenerate employee passwords

it would be easier if you could automatically have a password generated when you add a new employee. Then they would get an email with the password and would be allowed to change it on their first login to something they can easily remember.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When importing employees from QuickBooks Desktop, a password will be auto-generated for employees, and emailed to the employee.

Employees who are added manually to ClockShark will need to have a password manually created, but they too will receive an email with their login information. If they log into ClockShark from a desktop, they can customize their password to be something easier to remember. :)

14. Autogenerate new job numbers

Have an option for the system automatically generate new sequential job #s for each new job added

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

I could definitely see this being a useful tool for everyone. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

15. In the web interface, make it so I can add a note to a job that's currently clocked in/in progress.

Web interface doesn't appear to allow me to add a note when I'm clocked in - I have to "switch" jobs (to the same job) and add the note during the switch process.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey David, thank you so much for sharing your idea for others to comment and vote on.

That can be a little tricky because you can only really enter notes on clock in, switch, or clock out. I think it would be a great idea to just add a note field there to always use.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

16. option to make photos madatory

option to make photos mandatory when clocking off from a job

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Paul, thanks for sharing your idea and feedback with us!

We did just recently add Clock Out Questions as a feature which is similar. With this feature, you can require employees to answer a set of questions. This can be assigned to everyone, a specific department/location, or job. You can also be notified if a response is deemed as “unexpected.” This is great for verifying work safety, ensuring breaks are taken, retrieving the status of the job and more!

So while this wouldn’t require pictures to be attached, you could ask them “Did you attach pictures?”, or even have them describe the job.

17. Daily Reports

We are anticipating the day where Clockshark can replace our daily field reports. Currently we have our crew send in a daily email which includes what they did that day, where they were, who was there, what time they worked, job cost code, and photos (generally 4-5 photos). They now input all this info into clockshark, but we cant view all of this on ONE report. If we can get to a point where clockshark automatically generates a "daily report" that is then sent to all my account managers, that would be wonderful!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Lauren, thank you so much for the enthusiasm and for sharing your idea with us!

I would love to see something like this, the challenge usually lies in that every company does things a little differently. Just to get a little more feedback are you wanting a report that combines this all together? Or are you kind of looking for an area where employees can upload their progress, photos, and everything in one area for that job?

18. Lunch break on time sheets report

Have the lunch break show on the time sheet we print for the employees to sign.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey William, thanks for sharing your feedback with the community!

The timesheets report tends to get a little crowded. Are you wanting just the total break hours on that report or the actual start and end time?

19. Overtime Alert

There should be a notification that alerts admins a certain amount of hours BEFORE someone goes into overtime. That way, they can wrap up their jobs before they need to leave for the week.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Hey There, Brooke! Thanks for the suggestion about triggering an OT alert before an employee starts earning OT. That would certainly help admins/employees avoid OT by giving them an idea of how much time remains to work on a job.

We’ll have folks vote with you on this idea, and as it gathers support, we’ll add it to our development road map! If you have any other suggestions or feedback, please feel free to let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com, or 1.800.828.0689. Always happy to get your feedback!

20. Separate Time Format display for Time Sheets (web/mobile) and Reports

Have the ability to choose which time format to display on the Time Sheets online (web/mobile) and on the reports (Company Settings). Our QB uses time decimals for payroll, but employees want to see actual time in HH:MMs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for this suggestion! Let’s let folks vote on this, and we’ll consider adjusting that feature in a future update! :)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base