ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Job List in Schedule

We are in the trial stage now, but in the schedule portion, we love the drag and drop feature, but would love it even more if once we drag the job to the schedule it would remove it from the job list. That way, only the jobs that have not been scheduled appear in the Job List.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

2. Adding a job

Add a (+ Add Job) button on the schedule tab so we do not not need to jump between tabs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Hey There, Tony! Thanks for the suggestion about adding jobs directly from the scheduler. That would certainly save time, instead of hopping between your different screens.

Let’s let folks vote w/ you on this idea, and we’ll look to add it to the product once it gathers enough support. We really appreciate your feedback, Tony!

3. Job Access controls viewable from Jobs screen

Allow Job Access to be viewed on the Main Screen under Admin>>>Jobs, for quick viewing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion, Luis! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers great support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

4. Simple Suggestion - Change the terminology from "Breaks" to "Meals"

Federal Labor Law Terminology...

"Breaks" are paid.
    "Meals Periods" are unpaid.

In Clock Shark, the terminology is "Breaks" for unpaid time.

Simply change "Breaks" to "Meals" and the wording will make sense.

https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/workhours/breaks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Hey There, Stan! Thanks for the suggestion about changing the language of “Breaks” to “Meals”, and for including a helpful link too. We’ll send this over to our development team so they can look at it; but per usual, we’ll also leave it open here so other users can vote with you on it.

5. Real Time Job Status -All employees

Ability to see the current day showing the employees status- what job he completed(Blue Colored) what job they are currently on(Green Color) Travel time should be automatic if they clock out from one job to the next activity. (option that can be selected by admin) I have a screenshot of a software used at my previous company. I could send it over.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

6. Marked open & closed jobs in calendar

I would like to be able to mark jobs closed or open and see jobs open and closed on the calendar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers great support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

7. Overtime Rule Modifications for Out of State Locations

Provide the ability to create different state specific overtime rules for different job sites and physical locations.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Hey There! Thanks for this suggestion! As support grows for this idea, our development team will look to add it into ClockShark for you. :)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Jennifer, thanks for sharing your feedback and ideas. I definitely think this would be super useful!

Just wanted to follow up on this, and I know it was been awhile so maybe you have already found something similar to this. You can select multiple employees at a time if you select the CTRL button your computer. But there are some kinks with it. If you scroll down while that is pressed, it will zoom out the screen. So you can only really use it when doing the selecting. Or the departments/locations feature is great for selecting groups of employees quickly.

9. Auto assign different colors to jobs and employees

Rather then pick colors(need to check which are used) to new jobs and employees have an option to auto assign next color so it goes thru all colors and back to oldest used

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing your idea, Pawel. This would certainly help ensure that colors don’t get duplicated, but I do anticipate it requiring more colors to be added to ClockShark. It’s a great idea, and I look forward to hearing how other users respond to it. Go ahead and vote, folks; and we’ll consider adding this in a future update.

10. Employee schedule notes appear in reports

Ability for admin to see notes added to employee's schedule on report runs. When I run a employee summary report or time schedule report, I want to be able to see the notes I added to their schedule.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Tricia. Thanks for sharing this idea on our voting page. Currently, the notes an employee adds to their shift can appear on certain reports, like the Job Details report. Until now, we haven’t considered adding the schedule notes to the same reports, but that’s a great suggestion. Let’s allow folks to vote on this idea, and we’ll consider adding that in a future update.

11. Import data

Add option to import CSV files to define/update jobs, locations, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Hey There! Thanks for the suggestion! If you have a CSV list of jobs, employees, or tasks, our Customer Success team will happily upload them for you! :)

We’ll look to add that tool to the account so any customer can use it though! Thanks for the suggestion!

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the suggestion, Kelly! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

13. More flexibility for double time entires

Our staff are paid double time if they are called in after hours. Would like ClockShark to be able to automatically pay double time if an employee punches in between the hours of 5 pm and 8 am.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Hi, Kelly! Thanks for the suggestion about extra OT/DT settings in ClockShark. Some of our customers will create a specific job called “Double Time” that employees can choose if they are clocking in within a certain time frame, but this is just a workaround. Having an actual setting would be very helpful.

As folks vote with you on this idea, our Development Team will look to add this in a future update. Of course, if you have any other suggestions, please just let us know! :)

14. Add a predictive address field

When adding the address for jobs and geofencing, the address field should be a predictive type field pulled straight from google maps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers great support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

15. Limit Who can Export Time

Employees on the website should not have the ability to export their own time to QBs. The button "Export to QuickBooks" should be visible only to admins.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing your support for this idea here! As support continues to mount for this idea, our development team will plan how to bring this to you in ClockShark. :)

16. Increase the size of the check boxes on the "repeat days" part of the "edit shift" detail box

The check boxes are really small and the curser has to be right over them to check them. If they were larger, I could move through the shift editing quicker and with less frustration. The check boxes are just tedious as all of our jobs are usually multiple days.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We still want to update all the checkboxes on the website to be larger and more user friendly, we will be addressing it later in the future!

17. When you ADD items (Jobs, employees, tasks, etc.) curser should auto default to the first box

When you ADD items (jobs, task, etc.) cursor should auto default to first box so you do not have to click it with mouse. Cut down on unnecessary and repetitive acts!! Streamline program!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

18. When adding employees, jobs, or tasks give the option to "SAVE AND ADD ANOTHER" instead of just SAVE and having to ADD

When entering EMPLOYEES, TASKS, AND JOBS give the option to either "SAVE" OR "SAVE AND ADD ANOTHER". This will Streamline the data entry!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Hey There! Thanks for this suggestion: the quicker you can add jobs/employees/tasks, the better! Our development team will explore adding this in a future update, but if you have any other suggestions for how to make using ClockShark even FASTER, please just let us know!

19. Give admins the ability to see an audit trail of a scheduled task.

Allows for auditing of the schedule times, seeing if jobs are scheduled in a timely manner, if jobs have been rescheduled or when they were initially scheduled. Also nice to have a trail of any deleted jobs/tasks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Hey, Kevin! Thanks for posting your idea here on the ClockShark Voting Page: we love to get your feedback so we know what to add into the software for you. Just to clarify, are you requesting a feature that keeps of edits to the schedule? Currently, you can see edits to timesheets in the Audit Log, but it sounds like you are referring more to tracking schedule changes.

Feel free to reply and let us know any extra details!

20. Triple Time

Facility to add 3 x time hourly rate for hours worked pass midnight

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Hi, Lee! :) Thanks for sharing your idea here on ClockShark’s Suggestion Forum. We love to hear your feedback. As folks vote and support your idea, we’ll look to add it in a future update.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base