ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use Local Time Zone

I didn't find any previous articles for this issue. My company is based in Oregon (PST) but has employees across the country. It appears that all time entries are converted to PST. This makes it very confusing when adding brakes, looking at time, etc. I would very much prefer that the punches were recorded in the local time zone.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

2. Add Overtime by Job Report

This report would help companies that need to bill overtime by job. Currently you can see your overtime totals but cannot easily see which job the overtime was caused by.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

3. Allow customers/clients to view reports for their Jobs

Provide a way for customers/clients to access reports for jobs, so they can track progress and billable hours.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

4. Photo of Employee

It would be nice to have a photo icon of employees in the system since sometimes it is hard to remember everyone's name.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need a 2nd Layer of search filter for Cost code by Job

Need a 2nd layer of search filter for reports by cost code. Example: How many hours were spent PAINTING at the SMITH job. VS. How many hours were spent INSTALLING TILE at the SMITH job. This would be HUGE for my company. Accurate and timely information is key!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add option for certified payroll work

We have employees working on several different jobs. Some tasks require certified payroll (Davis-Bacon). Would like ability to include check box for certified payroll--on a task basis.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Joe Mitchell responded

Betty, this is a good suggestion and is something we’ll consider adding in the future. In the meantime, a possible workaround could be to name the task something like “task – certified payroll”. That’s not ideal – but may work in the meantime.

7. Let me arrange employees on shift page

This way I could group people working together. I don't care about alphabetical order.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Joe Mitchell responded

Definitely a good idea Tom. We want to do alot of things with the scheduler. This should be one of them. Another thing we’d like to do soon is being able to add scheduled time off/unavailability to the schedule as well as mark a day as sick, etc.

8. Need ability to bulk upload tasks from spreadsheet

We currently have an excel spreadsheet with over 150 MasterFormat cost codes.
    Would like the ability to upload the spreadsheet data to Tasks instead of having to post each task/code individually.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Joe Mitchell responded

Thanks for the suggestion Betty. We’ll consider adding this feature in the future.

9. Allow me to set my work day, say from 7 am to 9 pm and then when clicking on the time

Allow me to set my work day,
    say from 7 am to 9 pm and then when clicking on the time, I dont have to scroll from, 12 am to 7am
    Make it a user defined default but if I want I can start the clock at 5 am on the odd time that may happen.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Joe Mitchell responded

Using presets to speed up the time entry on schedules and when adding time to a time sheet is an idea we are considering. If you need this feature, please viote with your support. We’d love to build all of these features now but are limited to doing the ones with the most votes first since each feature takes a good amount of time and resources to build.

10. Autogenerate new job numbers

Have an option for the system automatically generate new sequential job #s for each new job added

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Batch job name replacement before exporting!

My guys usually make up an easy name to remember a particular long term job. My QB usually has a more detailed name. I have to go one by one and change the job name day by day for each employee to get it to the right job name before I export the week.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. return to the same place when you click back

opening an empolyees day and then clicking back to get back to the timesheets puts you back up to the top so I have to then scroll through all my employees to get back where I was. Frustrating when you have to change someone's whole week.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow to send text message alerts instead of app notifications

Allow to send text message alerts instead of app notifications

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Need to be able to see what job overtime is allocated to not just total overtime.

We are having an issue because our employees could be on multiple jobs on one day or pay period and we have to differentiate what jobs the overtime is allocated to and as far as we can tell that it just gives us the total time and does not give us the information on which job the overtime was charge to.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for this suggestion! Getting a granular view of the OT worked on jobs is something we’re already looking into, so it’s great to hear your support. Please keep voting, and we’ll consider adding this in a future update!

15. request that start & end times are viewable without clicking on the details.

Would like the start & end times to be viewable on the schedule without clicking on the details. Currently only the start time is viewable. Being able to see both would be very helpful.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion, Heather! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

16. More then 500 characters in the job description field

More then 500 characters in the description field. It's tough when I have more the 500 letters and I need to say more. Also it would be nice to see the address of job sites on the schedule page as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Daily Reports

We are anticipating the day where Clockshark can replace our daily field reports. Currently we have our crew send in a daily email which includes what they did that day, where they were, who was there, what time they worked, job cost code, and photos (generally 4-5 photos). They now input all this info into clockshark, but we cant view all of this on ONE report. If we can get to a point where clockshark automatically generates a "daily report" that is then sent to all my account managers, that would be wonderful!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. print active and inactive jobs/projects

We as a customer/user of clock shark we should be able to generate a report using “active” and/or “inactive” Job/projects for a particular vendor

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

19. Overtime Alert

There should be a notification that alerts admins a certain amount of hours BEFORE someone goes into overtime. That way, they can wrap up their jobs before they need to leave for the week.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Hey There, Brooke! Thanks for the suggestion about triggering an OT alert before an employee starts earning OT. That would certainly help admins/employees avoid OT by giving them an idea of how much time remains to work on a job.

We’ll have folks vote with you on this idea, and as it gathers support, we’ll add it to our development road map! If you have any other suggestions or feedback, please feel free to let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com, or 1.800.828.0689. Always happy to get your feedback!

20. Notifications to Employees of relevant changes to their schedule only.

Notification is sent only to the employee whose schedule has been changed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for posting your idea to the Voting Forum. Let’s let folks share their support for it, and then we can consider it for a future update. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base