ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notifications to Employees of relevant changes to their schedule only.

Notification is sent only to the employee whose schedule has been changed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for posting your idea to the Voting Forum. Let’s let folks share their support for it, and then we can consider it for a future update. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions!

2. Bulk Schedule Import From Excel Spreadsheet

Would be great if we could import bulk schedules via excel spreadsheet into clock shark scheduling. It's a pretty tedious task having to key in each schedule individually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

3. Job List in Schedule

We are in the trial stage now, but in the schedule portion, we love the drag and drop feature, but would love it even more if once we drag the job to the schedule it would remove it from the job list. That way, only the jobs that have not been scheduled appear in the Job List.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

4. Use a better mapping agent

Currently the maps that you use do not list many, many roads that have been there for years. Additionally, you have to coax the map to show the correct location when you enter the address. This makes the mapping/GPS feature essentially useless in my region (New Hampshire). I was informed you don't use Google, I would suggest you change that, as they are objectively the most accurate.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers great support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

5. Employee Schedule Notes to Appear on Desktop Schedule & Reports

Ability to view the "Schedule Notes" on the Schedule while on the Desktop and when pulling Employee Schedule Reports. (Currently, you can NOT view the schedule notes unless you hit edit.)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers great support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

6. Adding a job

Add a (+ Add Job) button on the schedule tab so we do not not need to jump between tabs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Hey There, Tony! Thanks for the suggestion about adding jobs directly from the scheduler. That would certainly save time, instead of hopping between your different screens.

Let’s let folks vote w/ you on this idea, and we’ll look to add it to the product once it gathers enough support. We really appreciate your feedback, Tony!

7. schedule

I would like a option for schedule days off , holidays etc. also would like to have the scheduler go at least a month out I know you can go a month but I think it should be like the one week two week option.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Joe,

A great way that our customers note holidays and off days in ClockShark is by naming both a Job & Task as “OFF” or “Holiday”, and then placing it in employee timesheets and schedules. Do you think that helps out with keeping track of those days?

With respect to the schedule view, you are correct. The month view of the scheduler does look a little different, just to display all days in the month in one screen. I’ll definitely pass along your suggestion for making that like the single/double week view.

We’ll also monitor the votes here to see what other ClockShark users think of the idea too! I’d love to hear any other suggestions you may have.

8. Labor and Gross pay tracker

Allow under the "Employee" section for the administrator to be able to plug in that specific employees gross pay. Therefore, as hours are tracked for each individual job so can an accurate gross labor dollar amount. Which in turn will help generate simpler/more accurate P&L's

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion, Brad! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

9. Option to make custom reminders for employees clocking in or out

When an employee clocks in or out, a pop up comes up that says a short custom message such as "Did you lock the facility?" or "Did you turn in all receipts today?" would be extremely helpful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

10. Build a Project

Have the Ability to Create a project where you can

1) Link the project to QuickBooks Projects
    2) Assign an Employee as a Project Manager
    3) Be able to Pull Purchase Orders that are linked to the Quickbooks Project
    4) Create time lines
    5) Build specific tasks within the project
    6) The assigned Project manager and Administrator can see the Expences and Hours billed to the project in real time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

11. Overtime Rule Modifications for Out of State Locations

Provide the ability to create different state specific overtime rules for different job sites and physical locations.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Hey There! Thanks for this suggestion! As support grows for this idea, our development team will look to add it into ClockShark for you. :)

12. Auto assign different colors to jobs and employees

Rather then pick colors(need to check which are used) to new jobs and employees have an option to auto assign next color so it goes thru all colors and back to oldest used

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing your idea, Pawel. This would certainly help ensure that colors don’t get duplicated, but I do anticipate it requiring more colors to be added to ClockShark. It’s a great idea, and I look forward to hearing how other users respond to it. Go ahead and vote, folks; and we’ll consider adding this in a future update.

13. Employee schedule notes appear in reports

Ability for admin to see notes added to employee's schedule on report runs. When I run a employee summary report or time schedule report, I want to be able to see the notes I added to their schedule.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Tricia. Thanks for sharing this idea on our voting page. Currently, the notes an employee adds to their shift can appear on certain reports, like the Job Details report. Until now, we haven’t considered adding the schedule notes to the same reports, but that’s a great suggestion. Let’s allow folks to vote on this idea, and we’ll consider adding that in a future update.

14. Limit Who can Export Time

Employees on the website should not have the ability to export their own time to QBs. The button "Export to QuickBooks" should be visible only to admins.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing your support for this idea here! As support continues to mount for this idea, our development team will plan how to bring this to you in ClockShark. :)

15. PLEASE date/time-stamp every page printed out in reports. We run lots of reports and it is difficult to tell which reports we are reading.

PLEASE date/time-stamp every page printed out in reports like QB does. We run lots of reports and it is difficult to tell which reports we are reading.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Mike, thanks for sharing this idea here. You make an excellent point: having the date on each page of a long report would certainly facilitate accurate organization.

Let’s let folks vote on this idea, but I’ll pass this along to our development crew so they can consider this in a future update for you. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions!

16. Give admins the ability to see an audit trail of a scheduled task.

Allows for auditing of the schedule times, seeing if jobs are scheduled in a timely manner, if jobs have been rescheduled or when they were initially scheduled. Also nice to have a trail of any deleted jobs/tasks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Morgan Cassady responded

Hey, Kevin! Thanks for posting your idea here on the ClockShark Voting Page: we love to get your feedback so we know what to add into the software for you. Just to clarify, are you requesting a feature that keeps of edits to the schedule? Currently, you can see edits to timesheets in the Audit Log, but it sounds like you are referring more to tracking schedule changes.

Feel free to reply and let us know any extra details!

17. Clear filters button for Scheduler

When you have applied filter to Scheduler, it would be easier if a button appeared for clearing filter instead of having to go into filters and deselecting and selecting All employess and apply

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Hi, Erlendur! We appreciate your sharing your feedback on ClockShark’s Voting Page. I can see how helpful/quick it would be to have a “clear filter” button directly on the schedule page. We recently improved the scheduler page, and we have some additional improvements ahead so we’ll keep this in mind. :) Feel free to let me know if you have any other suggestions, Erlendur.

18. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Anna, thank you so much for taking the time to post your idea. It’s great to have your input.

Just to clarify your request, are you asking for a signature line and Admin notes feature on the “Employee Details” report? You can print the employee notes on that report, but I’m not sure if that’s what you’re asking for. Feel free to share any extra details you have so our developers can be confident when considering it.

19. Show scheduled in & out times

When someone does not clock in or out, I only see the missed clock-in on the timecard, and it does not show the scheduled clock-out time. I have to go back to the schedules to look it up and then back to the time cards to enter time. Which can be a hassle when someone is scheduled for several different jobs on the same day, and forgets their phone at home or they have it being repaired etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing this idea in the Voting Forum, Edward. We look forward to seeing how other users respond to it. We’re committed to implementing the ideas with the most votes. Feel free to let us know if you have any other suggestions or ideas!

20. Requesting a report that would trend either employees or jobs that have frequent: Out of Bounds, Missed Clock In/Out.

Requesting a report that would trend either employees or jobs that have frequent: Out of Bounds, Missed Clock In/Out. It would help to identify employees who are incorrectly using Clockshark or Jobs that are incorrectly inputted into the system. Additionally, a report that could track how attendance instead of hours for exempt employees.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion: having an “exception” report that details any employee missteps in the app would be very helpful. Please continue to add your thoughts and support below, and we’ll consider this for a future update.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base