ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. GPSTrack does not indicate coordinates.

GPSTrack does not indicate coordinates. With TSheets we used It is a a safety feature and a way of confirmation of the employees location. We compare against our dispatched coordinates for the exact location.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Steve, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. I can definitely see this as a useful addition for users.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

2. Add Cumulative totals

On the job summary report, add a column of cumulative totals in addition to date range selected. Example, i want to see hours used per job during last pay period, but would be great to also see total hours for that job.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey again Cheryl, thanks for sharing your feedback and a specific example as well.

This is an interesting idea that could be looked at in a lot of different ways.

Let’s get some more support for this idea and we can explore it.

3. Ability to update comments without clocking out or switching

Ability to update comments without clocking out or switching

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey again Mark! The good news is that this is possible. I’m not 100% sure what you are referring to, but in almost every case notes/comments will be editable. Here are a couple different examples.

1. When you are on the clock, you can hit the “notes” section on the mobile app to add notes. You can come back here to edit these notes while you are still on that job/task.

2. I think this is what you are referring to. If you switch to a new job/task and you need to edit notes from the past, you can do that also. The user will need the “Allow edits to own time notes via mobile” permission. You can set this by edting the user on the website. After this, users will be able to edit their timesheets and be able to edit the notes, while not editing the rest of…

4. Put an icon on the web app's menu bar to go straight to Customer Search

I manage Customers and Jobs. I must click "ADMIN>" then "Customers" a hundred times a day. It would be wonderful to have a hot-key and/or icon on the main screen. Thx

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there, thanks for sharing!

I think this could be really useful to be able to navigate directly to another Job, Customer, etc from any page.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

5. Task visual aid on Timesheets

We would like to be able to see what task the employee worked during the shift. So we can focus on certain task to review easier then having to look through each employee. For example we would like to focus first on those employees that worked under the task "drive time" in the week.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Robert, thanks for sharing your idea and feedback.

Creating a “task view” of the timesheets I think could be a great addition for digging into new information.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

6. Add FAX for type of contact phone number

Add FAX for type of contact phone number

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Mark, thanks for sharing your idea and feedback with us!

We do have the “other” as an option for phone numbers, but I will talk to my team if we can add a “fax” label as well.

7. Be able to change the job stage directly from the schedules page

Change job status, currently to do this you have to go to the jobs tab, doesnt seem time consuming but it is when you have the same customers who have multiple service calls a month, so I would like to be able to change job status for the specific service call not as a whole for the job.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

8. The option to make a job inactive only for the employees view yet keep it active for the admin. until we make it inactive for both

It would be nice to be able to inactivate a job so that it isn't listed any more on the job list but still active for the admin. so that billing can be done at a later date. We invoice out a couple times a month and some times there are many jobs that get added to the job list that the employees then have to figure out where and what the job is that they are looking for.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the additional information, I think this makes a lot of sense and would definitely help other users with a similar workflow.

One thing that might help people in the short term is our feature last of Job Stages. This allows you to custom create a set of stages that your Jobs go through so you can better keep track of them. So in this particular case, you could create a stage called “Ready for Billing” that you apply to these jobs so you can quickly filter for them on the Jobs Page.

You would still have to inactivate the Job to hide it from the employees though, so it isn’t a perfect solution.

9. Allow the users to download lists of the current active employees, jobs, and tasks.

From the website, being able to download CSV lists of the current active employees (maybe name and email listed), as well as jobs (with name, number, address, description), and tasks (name and number). This would be a super quick and easy way to view everything in the system and not miss anything.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This currently an option if you contact our support team, they will be able to get you all this information!

But I think this would be a really valuable resource if the user could do this. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

10. Mix and match PTO accrual options

Have more option for when we set up PTO policy. I want to give our employees 8 hours of pto when it is their birthday. Currently you can select Anniversary but it would be nice to have an option for Birthday or better yet let us set up a criteria.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid Time Off (PTO)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Cheryl, sounds like a great bonus on their birthday!

Just to gather a little more information, do the employees accrue time any other way? Do they also accrue time based on the hours they work or maybe at the beginning of the year?

If so, you can definitely add time for the employees manually just by editing the employee (or going to the PTO policy) and giving the employee an additional 8 hours. It could be cool to “mix” accruals though. Maybe they accrue based on the hours worked but get some extra time for Christmas for example.

11. Send Text MSG to customers when workers are on the way

When the employee starts to a customers house notify the customer with a text msg stating employee's name with "Company" is on the way.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Jessica, thanks for providing your feedback with us! I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this.

12. Pop up comments bubbles

Being able to click the blue message symbol and have a pop up bubble with what the message says would be handy instead of having to open that days time. not all messages refer to correcting time and it is easy when I do not have different codes to run through the week when doing time. I have to manually transfer timecards to our account system for 33 people and when I have to manually check each day back and forth it is time consuming when the site has to load back and forth.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey again Nicole, thanks for sharing your idea with us!

I think this could be a really valuable idea for lots of companies, especially when reviewing lots of notes and timesheets.

13. Task notes

If i could add a note to a task it would allow me to put in a note with the labour price that we are going to pay for that specific task. We do things a bit different and dont pay the blokes per hour but by a set labour rate for a task and they currently have to phone the office for the price.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Chris, thanks for your feedback and idea!

For the immediate future, there is a workaround that could potentially help you. If the prices by task don’t change per job, you could create a spreadsheet or document that lists the price alongside the task and task code. Then you could attach this document to a job you create called “Task Prices” available to everyone and they could check the document for the prices.

Hopefully, this will help for the time being, but I do think task notes are an interesting idea. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

14. Temperature Tracking with Clock In Questions

Please create something so we can track temps of our technicians. With COVID19 continuing to impact businesses and certain cities requiring businesses to track all temperatures of those coming on site. This would be a huge help to all of us I think. It could be as elaborate as tying the temp to each job so we can run a report on the job details that would show a column for temp that the technician put in. Or as simple as a clock in question (much like the clock out questions) and have it ask or let us create our…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Molly thanks for providing your feedback with this idea! This is something that has been brought up and we are looking into ways we can adapt our Clock Out Questions to be used in this situation.

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With limited work time though and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let’s keep the votes coming and we will build this!

15. Allow foreman scheduled to see employees who they are scheduled with

Allow a Foreman/Employee scheduled to see his scheduled crew from his employee schedule tab.

A foreman/employee can currently see from his schedule

"Schedule Note"
    "Job Description" &
    "Attachments"

Please add a tab to view Employee/Crew Scheduled for this Shift

"Who's Scheduled?"

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Jonathan, a new feature we added allows you to view the schedule on the mobile app by job. This way the crew leader would be able to see everyone scheduled at once for a specific job. Do you think that adequately fills this need?

16. Show task code numbers on website time clock

The task code numbers show up on the mobile app, but they do not show on the web browser version. We use the numbers to help sort categories of tasks. The categories all jumble together since it's alphabetical and not by our category numbers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need daily hours alongside the Pay rate report or pay rate on the Timesheets report

Pay rate report needs detail hours of employee besides dollar amount

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Juan, thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Seems like this could be solved either by providing more details on the Pay Rate report like you were saying or by providing the total amount of dollars on the Timesheets report since that has the rest.

18. Create a job wage for Prevailing Wage jobs or multiple rates for each employee to accommodate for Prevailing Wages

We do several Prevailing wage jobs each week and I have no way of changing the payroll reports to the correct wage automatically in your program. It would be nice to be able to either have a "Job Wage" because all my guys make the same wage for certain Prevailing Wage jobs. I know I'm not the only one who has to deal with Prevailing Wage so I'm sure it would help a lot of payroll people.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Toni, thank you so much for your idea and feedback.

Makes a lot sense and I’m sure there are others that could get benefit out of this as well. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

19. Set specific rates/costs for individual jobs and tasks.

I would be very useful to be able to set specific rates for individual jobs and tasks. We often respond to call-outs from clients and there are a number of different charges that are applied dependent of the time of the call out and the day of the week e.g. one rate for a call-out in normal working hours, a different rate for outside normal working hours in the week and one more for weekend call-outs. for each of these situations the engineer will receive a different uplift to their pay so being able to link a rate to a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Adrian, thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

This is something that is possible with a lot of our payroll integrations. We can connect ClockShark Tasks to use a specific pay rate set in the payroll software you use so that when you export your time, all of this is done correctly for you.

However, this isn’t something we handle internally. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

20. Getting a report for a job and task

We do onsite servicing and I use the job list to record equipment we work on - my tasks show what we did
    I need a report that I can get a certain task we performed on a job
    Instead of having to run a job report and hunt for the task

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Sue, I do have some good news, we are actually coming out with a report shortly called the “Quick Summary Report” that will allow you to pull information totals from Customers, Jobs, Employees, Tasks, or a combination of them all. So this will be able to do what you are looking for. The one catch, is that this report won’t include all of the shift details and notes like the Job Details report has.

So that may be useful, but the next step would be to improve the filtering for the current reports to include that second level of selection.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base