ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please revert to showing each individual employee name in the add time window. It is very limiting to show one employee name + # more.

Please revert to showing each individual employee name in the add time window. It is very limiting to show one employee name + # more. It used to show all of the employees whose time would be added or changed and it was very helpful to see all of the employees at once. This is on the desktop version of clockshark.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Phil thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

This was recently updated because the old version would “grow” as you selected more employees and this could break formatting for the selector itself as well as other areas around the website having issues.

I’m just curious with the new version, you can expand the selector to see exactly who you have chosen before submitting changes. I also would be interested in how you are adding time. Are you adding lots of time manually for large groups of people? Any additional information would be super helpful and I can pass it on to our design group, thanks!

2. Add shift duration and department label to clock out questions report

Clockout report suggestions

1. Can we add department?
    2. Can we get a calculated number of hours worked, we are doing this manually which can be time consuming on our end. The clock in and out time is useful, In addition a total hours worked here would be very helpful.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Kade, thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Like you mention, that is actually one of the few reports that doesn’t have total time because it is more trying to list the questions themselves. However, it makes sense to get kind of all information about a shift together. That could be by adding information to the Clock Out Questions report or maybe including the clock out questions on a different report.

With as many ideas as we receive, and limited work time, let’s see if this idea will pick up some traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

3. Schedule new shift from home page with the blue + New button

The blue + New button on home page is very convenient to add job, task or employee. I'd suggest adding "schedule shift" to the + New options.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Leo, thanks for providing us with your feedback!

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With as many ideas as we receive, and limited work time, lets see if this idea will pick up some traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

4. My report went from 16 pages to 21!

Please remove the Job Summary from the bottom of the Employee Detail report, or at least give me the option to remove it. My report went from 14-16 pages to over 20!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Christopher, thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

We just added this functionality for a couple reasons. It was the only details report that didn’t have a breakdown at the bottom, and it was requested by other users that were looking to get employee breakdown information with notes included.

With as many ideas as we receive, and limited work time, lets see if this idea will pick up some traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

5. Filter by Department

Currently the jobs can be filtered by Stage, Customer and Status. Can you please add a filter by department? Many thanks!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Angela, thanks for sharing this idea with us!

I think this could be a really valuable tool where you can quickly find the jobs that a department/location has access to.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

6. Ability to run timesheet report by approved time only

Able to filter Timesheets report with time that is Approved.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Vicky, thanks for your feedback and idea!

With as many ideas as we receive, and limited work time, lets see if this idea will pick up some traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

7. Show original clock in/out time after editing time that has been auto-rounded.

If the "round to nearest ..." setting is enabled and the administrator goes into an employee's time to add/edit a note, after saving that day's time entry the original pre-rounded time is no longer visible - neither as a tooltip when hovering over the rounded time, or even in the audit log. As such, there is no way to see the original time that the employee clocked in or out if A) their time has been auto-rounded, AND B) the administrator has added a note or otherwise edited anything in their time.

This honestly seems more like a glitch or…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I had a meeting with some of engineers to plan how to fix this issue.

It is something we have planned to fix now and I will keep you guys updated when we release it.

8. "Taken" time off report.

Please create a report that can be generated to show time off "Taken". Currently you can only see "Approved" time which in reality may not have been taken by the employee due to cancelation.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to set New Job Default settings

Ability to set Default company tasks assigned to new jobs and/or default Enabling GPS Fencing. We have admin task codes that had to be set up because ClockShark requires us to make a dummy job in order for non-job related time to be posted, which meant we had to create admin dummy task codes as well. We have to remember to remove these task codes every time a new job is created, or the new tasks confuse our field labor.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Cindi, thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

I could definitely see how this would be beneficial if the majority of your jobs have the same settings and you don’t want to reapply them every time. Since this revolves around job/task access control as well I could see job and task groupings being helpful as well.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

10. Modify budget hours with CO as those come up

Each job has original budgeted hours. In our case we deal with a lot of scope changes and change orders. Would love to see budgeted hours section expanded to add hours and notes as change orders are issued.

Other part is to add functionality for tasks and allowed hours for specific tasks which would/could tie in to Change Order as a task and budgeted hours for it.

Having budgeted hours as a whole when you have 15 or 50 tasks is not that helpful.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Pawel, thanks for giving us your feedback!

I really like this and I think incorporating optional tasks to more effectively track change orders could be a really valuable resource for lots of companies.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the support and votes coming and we will build this!

11. Ability to reorder jobs after the scheduling with drag and drop

When I drag and drop jobs to the schedule it would be great if they stayed in the order I drag them over and not rearrange themselves alphabetically or numerically. I list my jobs as addresses. A lot of time there is no set time for completion of a job, just once the employees are done they proceed to the next job. So if I have a job at 4 Main St And 9 White St in my job list, I drag 9 White St over to the employee schedule for them to go to that job first, then I…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there, thanks for sharing this idea with us!

The calendar will automatically go by the schedule times, but when the time matches (like with all day shifts), then the calendar is alphabetized. This is a great idea and would allow users to create more of a scheduled flow rather than having to edit the job name or put in start/end times.

I will bring this to our team so we can discuss it for future projects. Since we have tons of ideas, we tend to prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

12. Time off policy waiting period extension

Extend the current time off policy waiting period from 1,000 days to indefinite amount of days. This would allow employers to program policies such as 3 weeks of vacation at 5 years (1825 days), 4 weeks at 10 years (3650 days) etc. The current 1,000 day waiting period is great for policies such as 2 weeks at 1 year (365 days) but you have to manually track all policies beyond the 1,000 day mark.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid Time Off (PTO)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Michael, thanks for reaching out to us with your feedback and ideas!

Extending the waiting period is one way to handle what you trying to accomplish. We could also do a better method of creating “future” policies or tenure based policies.

Either way, with limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

13. Searching and finding job info (e.g. customer address) in jobs search box.

In jobs search box, it'd be nice to be able to just find a customer through address that is in their customer info.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Dan, thanks for sharing your feedback and idea!

I think this could be a really valuable resource for lots of companies, not only for address but for other fields as well.

14. PLEASE Allow Managers to add employees with out Admin access

PLEASE Allow Managers to add employees so we can still have limited access and not have to give them admin. My HR department is paid Hourly. In order for me to allow them to onboard and add an employee I have to give them Admin access which won't restrict them from changing their own hours! This is a huge flaw! Please change!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Jordan, thanks for sharing your feedback and idea with us!

You are correct about the current functionality, we definitely want to improve how our permissions work.

Always keep in mind that with our audit log you can see who added time and review it to make any needed changes.

15. clock out questions

Clock out Questions view. I would like a way to see the answers to the clockout questions the same way I see comments on jobs. I have to click farther in to see the question answers and can't see them when I am editing the job tasks and timesheets.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Stephanie thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

With as many ideas as we receive, and limited work time, lets see if idea will pick up some traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

16. Add worker names when looking at jobs

When looking at a job, the employees or workers that worked the job should be able to show up to see who worked at that job.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Lilian, thanks for sharing your idea with us!

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. There are definitely some other helpful things we could build that are similar.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will get built, so please keep voting!

17. When searching for a Job that all information is there from employees on the field too.

Right now if I want to see information on a job - the only info I can see is what I upload for the employee to see. I'd like to see notes, pictures, and time worked on this job under the job as a whole.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Brenda, thanks for your feedback and idea.

The good news some of this is possible! With our new Conversations feature, both admins and employees can communicate via comments on a Job, upload attachments and photos, mention each, and get notified about Jobs they follow. Check out this help article to learn more: https://help.clockshark.com/en/articles/4622657-how-to-use-conversations-on-the-web

There are still more areas to add as you mentioned. I will bring this to our team so we can discuss it for future projects. Since we have tons of ideas, we tend to prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

18. Quick report link for each job in Jobs page

We use the Jobs page as our primary tool for tracking and billing. When we invoice a job, we need to see the technicians and dates onsite, not just the total hours. Currently: I navigate to the reports page, select job details, uncheck all jobs, locate job in dropdown, and click view pdf to get the billing details. The ability to do a Job Detail report (or Quick Summary with breakdown) as an action for each job in the Jobs page would be a great time saver. I would put the link inside the edit/delete/settings button. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Jeff, thanks for reaching out to us with your idea.

It is an interesting one to explore and could be good to have a custom set of “shortcuts” around the website.

With as many ideas as we receive, and limited work time, lets see if idea will pick up some traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

19. Missed clock in notifications to Admins

CS currently has a notification only after 4 hours of a missing clock in. Can this be adjusted? In heath care, we can not wait 4 hours to be notified that an employee has not clocked in. Start it at 5 minutes late. Would be nice to also have push notifications and not just the email option.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Krystal, thanks for sharing your feedback and idea with us!

Being able to adjust these notifications would be a great addition. As well as more control over what types of notifications they send and who receives them.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this.

20. Add a location pulldown when selecting job and task

We don't want to use geo-fencing but need to track employee locations for tax purposes. Currently we have rolled location into our tasks (jobsite - installation vs shop - installation), but it would be great to have a separate pulldown where an employee could select their location.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us Sasha.

I can see how this would be useful in many different situations. Having that third level of tracking could help break things down even more.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base