ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Running a report in job screen

It would be nice to run a report without having to go to "Reports". It would be very convenient if you could run a report from the 3 dot menu next to a job and/or within the job view. The report could be a simple 365 day report.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback Dylan!

I could definitely see this being useful and I think there is a lot we could expand on there.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

2. PTO - able to enter in hours and minutes

We run a 7.6-hour day and no rounding of hours, but I can only allocate annual leave, sick leave and unpaid leave in increments of 30 mins, so I cannot enter this time off correctly. If an employee becomes sick part way through the day, I will have to add some minutes to there day to be able to enter sick leave and have the hours equal 7.6 – tedious work.

I would like to have time off to allocate hours and minutes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid Time Off (PTO)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Ray, thanks for providing your feedback to us!

We are going to be rolling out 15 minute increments for the PTO selection soon to better work with rounded time which I know won’t solve your issue.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

3. See more than one timesheet at a time on the mobile app

I know that visual space is always an issue on mobile apps, but it would be helpful to be able to see all of the timesheets that I have access to at one time on the mobile app, similar to the way it's shown on the desktop. Currently, I have to click on each individual employee to view their timesheet.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Gururas, thanks for sharing your feedback and idea with us!

Visual space is the main limiter there like you said. One thing you can do though is open the website through your mobile browser to get that same view. This can be really useful with a tablet as well.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let’s see if we can get some more votes!

4. Change the Break Button so one can choose between Paid Meal Break (Duration: 30 min) & Paid Rest Break (Duration: 15 min)

Would like to schedule breaks when scheduling each shift. Should have drop down boxes to allow flexibility in nominating Meal Break and Rest Break (no need to have Lunch Break as only applies during the day). As different companies / countries / states have different laws drop down boxes to select the length of the breaks would be better. Auto breaks don't work for us as each employee needs to be able to start and finish their breaks as their work allows. As we need to be available during breaks, if called away can resume break when free to do…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for providing your feedback with us!

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

5. Download schedule data as CSV .

Would like to be able to filter schedule by job and employee and download into CSV.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing your idea and feedback with us Joan!

We don’t have a CSV option for the schedules yet, but on the schedules page, right next to the week view drop down, there is a print button. You can use this button to obviously print but also you can use it to save the schedule as a PDF file to your computer.

The CSV would definitely be a little bit easier to customize exactly how you want it, but the PDF is better than a screenshot a lot of times.

6. I would like to only have certain Team Members on the schedule.

Not all of our employees are scheduled for jobs. Some of them are in the office and some are activated just to see other's schedules and make edits. I would like to hide certain employees from the schedule so the schedule looks cleaner.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Allison, thanks for sharing your idea with us!

That is a good idea and selecting “defaults” around other parts of the website could be a good addition as well. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

7. Job Labor Budget - Individual(Selected) employee emailed, % Budget notifications

Two separate ideas under the Jobs Labor Budget
    -At our company, we, the administrators of Clockshark are office staff, are not the people who need to know when a job's budget hours progress to a certain point. Specific employees, project/operations managers, need to know how a job is progressing.

1. If you could insert or select specific employee(s) to be emailed instead of the administrators when the budget hours remaining are hit, under the Labor Budget option.

2. If instead of being notified when a job only has a certain number of hours remaining, could there also be check boxes in Labor…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Daniel, thanks for sharing your feedback and ideas with us!

I think both of these ideas could be really useful for lots of companies! With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

8. Display work week instead of full 7 days

I would like to be able to hide weekends from the schedule

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Andrew, thanks for sharing your feedback and idea with us!

There are definitely some improvements we would like to make around the website which focus more on a user’s personal preference and I think this would fall under that category. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will add this!

9. Notify Customers when a worker's GPS location is onsite

Notify (email or text) customers when employee’s GPS is within set proximity of their project/location, and the employee has clocked in under that project/task.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Chad, thanks for providing your idea and feedback with us.

I can definitely see how notifying customers when the employee gets on site, or close to the site would be super useful. It does require a couple other pieces for everything to work correctly, but I think this would be very useful.

10. Admin only notes

Currently there is one type of note, which is viewable by both admins and by employees. It would be nice to have a second type of note available, ONLY viewable by admins. This would allow admins to make confidential notes for that employee's entry for that day, that may contain sensitive information which that specific employee is not privy to.

(I posted this new idea recently and for some reason it was moved to a comment on a completely different idea that was not at all what I am suggesting here)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey again! That was me that merged your idea with the other idea so I might not be fully understanding this. I know you want the idea of an “admin only” note that they could view on the timesheets.

Would this be attached to the employee’s shift itself, or as a standalone note with no time associated with it. Almost like you could just put an admin only sticky note on the timesheets page. Something like on the 1/31/2020 timesheet for John Smith “John’s car broke down today, he won’t be in till 3 pm.”

Or would you like an admin only note that could be both associated with or without a time segment? Thanks for more information!

11. Filters for "Who's Working Now"

Filters for "Who's Working Now" section. Being able to see who's working by alphabetical order and also being able to see who's working at a specific job site.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey David, thanks for this idea! I can definitely see how this could be useful to quickly find the information you are looking for. Especially for larger companies!

12. Term or Layoff dates

We would like to be able to add an employees "term" or layoff date to their profile when they are deactivated, not just deactivate an employee without crucial information.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Gina, thanks for sharing this idea with us.

This could be a great way to have a quick record of when certain important events happen. We prioritize everything based on the amount of support it is receiving, so please keep voting!

13. Field Input for Scheduling for Administrators and Employees

Put a field in the scheduling that would let administrators put in notes, pics and files that could be seen by the employee and field for the employee to put notes and pics.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Kevin, thanks for sharing your idea!

Just wanted to grab some more details here. The schedules do currently have an area for the admin to provide notes for the employee. And the employee can edit those notes if they have the correct permission, or they can just leave a note on their timesheets.

The only thing that we don’t have currently is the ability to add files/attachments to the schedule notes. So that would definitely be an improvement!

Is there anything else I am not understanding though?

14. Admin flags

Allow admins an option to flag individual days for specific employees with customized alerts, and have these flags be searchable. For instance, every time an employee is late, an admin could create a flag with an alert using the keyword "LATE". The admin could then search through a specified date range to find all instances where this flag had been added to the employee's times.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there, thanks for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

We are currently in the process of building a report that does something very similar. This report would be able to give you all the notifications like “late in”, “missing clock out”, “out of bounds”, etc. for certain employees and days.

15. Summarize the Jobs worked on Employee Details

The Job Details report has a summary section at the end of the page for each Job that shows the employees who worked and the total hours each employee worked for that Job. I would love to see the same level of detail on the Employee Details report that would show the number of hours the employee worked for each Job for that date period. As a small company I have to manually accumulate the employee hours worked for entry in each Job's invoice and then input them into an Invoice. Having the total hours worked for each Job would…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, happy to announce our new Quick Summary report!

This report allows you to get the broken down for Jobs, Tasks, and Customers for each employee. This functionality will come to the Employee Details report as well.

But for now enjoy this incredible versatile report which allows you to get really creative. Check out this help article for more information and let us know your feedback!

https://help.clockshark.com/en/articles/4467937-how-to-run-the-quick-summary-report

16. Saving filters

When applying filters,make a way to save your filters. After applying filters, when you click on something else in ClockShark then go back you need to make your filters again.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

I know I would use this a ton and I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

17. Allow me to edit a start time while the employee is clocked in. It would save me having to keep a paper trail until the end of the day.

Allow me to edit a start time while the employee is clocked in. It would save me having to keep a paper trail until the end of the day.

198 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thanks for all the votes and comments for this idea!

This idea in particular is a little tricky because it is a big change that can affect lots of aspects across the entire platform. But as we grow we will continue to assess the ways that we can meet the needs of our users.

18. Invoice

If this had the ability to make an invoice that integrated with Quick Books that would be awesome. Right now we have to use a separate ap for that.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thanks for all the votes and support for this idea.

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

19. Different Geofence shapes

Please allow geofence's for be other shapes than just a radius. We work in the powerline indusrty. our jobs are miles long but only 500' wide

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Jim, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I can definitely see how this would be great for your industry. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

20. Can you add a button to jump from one employee to the next one from within the window where we edit the daily or weekly timesheet?

Can you add a "jump" button that allows us to cycle through our employee list from person to person from within the time sheet individuall editing window? This would speed up our daily review of labor entries by allowing us to proceed quickly from one employee to the next. Perhaps in addition you could create an option to choose a specific employee from a drop down list allowing us to jump out of listed/alphabetical order in case we need to reference another person on the same team?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base