ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Audit reports that shows when Admin has to edit by employee

For instance, now the Audit report now only shows when time is approved listing the employees' names. It would good to see when the timesheet entries are edited by employee or for which employee was edited. (We want to keep track of who is using the app correctly for bonus purposes without having to write it down every time) Few edits by admin vs. a lot or all the time = lazy) ;)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Christina thanks for reaching out to us with your idea!

I can definitely see how this could be used to increase efficiency among other things. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

2. Employee Registration

I feel like it would be really beneficial for admin to be able to see that an employee has "activated"/set up the app on their device. Maybe something that says "pending" until they log in for the first time and then it says "active"? Just something to let the admin know that they have already sent the log in information to the employee and the employee hasn't signed up yet.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Darci, thanks for the feedback!

I like this idea as it could make the onboarding process a little more clear, efficient, and easy.

I will bring this to our team so we can discuss it for future projects. Since we have tons of ideas, we tend to prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

3. It would be great to be able to run a report to see which access controls are assigned to employees.

Be able to run a report that would show which tasks are assigned to an employee. Presently you can only see if they punch in with that task. I am currently having to go task by task to see who is assigned. Not all employees use a task daily when clocking.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thanks for your feedback and votes on this idea!

I definitely think it would be really useful to gain quick access to see who has access to what. That way you would be able to see who has access to certain Jobs and Tasks, or even vice versa.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

4. More Options on the Scheduling Page

There are a lot of work arounds for my suggestion but all are TIME CONSUMING.
    - Customer information attached to the job should be accessible.
    - Ability to change the color within the schedule without having to go to the "Jobs" box on the left, which is supposed to be the most recently scheduled jobs but it never is. The work around is to filter, but you leave the schedule page and that filter is gone.
    - Attach files
    - Change job status, currently to do this you have to go to the jobs tab, doesnt seem time consuming but…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing all of your feedback with us, it is very useful as we continue to improve ClockShark. Like you noted, there are work arounds for a lot of these ideas but none are too pleasing to use.

I added your votes for existing ideas, but left this up for new ideas, specifically the opting out of start/end time. Does the “all day” shift work for you in this situation or what else would you like to see?

5. The ability to change the view of the Schedule to Full Screen/Calendar only

Our company would like to have a 50" TV in our Tech Room that can display the schedule for the next week or 2.

Making the ClockShark schedule view full screen would be perfect!

I'm looking into a way to view it in calendar form via Google or Outlook Calendar but the ClockShark view is way easier to read as it shows it per employee.

Doing this would also allow our managers to have their schedule on a separate monitor for quick glance access.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Cole, thanks for sharing your idea and feedback with us.

This is a really cool idea and I think it could be useful for other companies also.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

6. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Bridget thanks for the feedback. Just to get some more specifics, what summary report are you referring to? We do have the Employees Summary, Jobs Summary, Tasks Summary, and then newer Quick Summary report. Would you just like the total break time listed somewhere?

Thanks for any additional information!

7. Track wage increases

Allow the option to track dates of pay raises for each employee. Right now, pay rate reports are only run based on the wage that is currently entered into the system for each employee. This makes any sort of long-term reporting virtually useless, as there's no way it can be accurate if even just one of the employees you're running the report for received a raise within the timeframe you're running the report.

The only way to make it accurate is to set the date ranges to match each timeframe the employee worked at a certain wage, go into their…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello again Angela, thanks for your detailed feedback it is super useful to hear what challenges you are facing and why.

The Pay Rate is used on the Pay Rate report which is great for simple calculations but definitely falls short for more complex ones like you mention.

Are you running this report for a job over multiple years frequently?

We tend to prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

8. Customize break settings by individual job

Allow an option for each individual job to have a break automatically deducted or not, instead of just having that setting in the company settings menu for ALL jobs or NO jobs... Sometimes when employees are subcontracted out to other companies, the protocol for breaks changes - an option to set auto-deducted breaks by specific job instead of all or none would help address this issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, Angela thanks for sharing your idea and the details behind it.

This is definitely an interesting case. So when your employees are subcontracted out to other companies they still track time on your ClockShark account and you provide this information with the other company?

Most of the time we get this idea where users want to limit who the breaks apply to based on the person, not the job. But this use case does make sense.

As always, with limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Lets keep the votes coming.

9. Sort by first name alphabetically - Timesheet and Employee Reports

Please add the function so that we can choose the timesheet and the employee reports sorted by either first or last name alphabetically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there, thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

10. Selecting multiple tasks when assigning a shift

When adding a shift it only allows for one task to be selected. It would be nice to be able to select multiple tasks to be completed throughout the duration of the shift.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Mike, thanks for sharing your feedback and idea with us.

Just as a follow-up question, what kind of things are these tasks usually? Is it more like a to-do list or checklist of things they are marking off as complete?

Or is it just something else you want the hours allocated to? Something like additional equipment?

Any additional information or examples would be much appreciated, thanks!

11. Reminders on calendar

Rather than a task or job, a REMINDER feature for the calendar would be very helpful. Being able to create recurrent reminders would be even better.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello again Jennifer, and thanks for your feedback!

I can definitely see how this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies.

Let’s have people vote on this and see how much support it receives.

12. Add Cumulative totals

On the job summary report, add a column of cumulative totals in addition to date range selected. Example, i want to see hours used per job during last pay period, but would be great to also see total hours for that job.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey again Cheryl, thanks for sharing your feedback and a specific example as well.

This is an interesting idea that could be looked at in a lot of different ways.

Let’s get some more support for this idea and we can explore it.

13. Multiple Corporations Access

To allow the ability for multiple companies that work together as a unit to have a drop down box to be able to select the company everyone in working for for the day but keep all hours for that week manageable on one time card.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey JasMaine, thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

I think we can definitely do a better job of accommodating companies with this kind of situation, whether it is combining them, allowing for easy switching, or even something else.

Since we have tons of ideas, we tend to prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

14. Allow the notes in the Scheduled job to show up in the employee's job notes

When a job is scheduled to a specific employee and notes have been added by the office employee scheduling that job to that specific employee doing the work, I'd like to have those notes show up in their time along with any notes the field employee adds in their time for the day. This will help the office employees to know what was done, in case the field employee doesn't add any notes for that job.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Cathie, thanks for sharing you idea and feedback with us.

This is an interesting idea and I could see how that would be really useful to compare what was actually vs. scheduled to be done.

This would kind of act as a “to do” list so that both the employee and the office knows what was supposed to be done and what was done. Is that what you’re imagining?

Would love to hear any additional feedback, thanks!

15. ALLOW TIME PUNCH DATA TO BE EDITABLE FROM WITHIN THE REPORTS

Based on our use of the CS system, it would save a tremendous amount of time to be able to run a report and then be able to access and more importantly edit the time punch data from within the report, i.e., change Job/Task/punch time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Kimberly, thanks for sharing your idea with us.

I can see how this workflow could work better for companies versus just edit from the timesheets page.

16. Pop up comments bubbles

Being able to click the blue message symbol and have a pop up bubble with what the message says would be handy instead of having to open that days time. not all messages refer to correcting time and it is easy when I do not have different codes to run through the week when doing time. I have to manually transfer timecards to our account system for 33 people and when I have to manually check each day back and forth it is time consuming when the site has to load back and forth.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey again Nicole, thanks for sharing your idea with us!

I think this could be a really valuable idea for lots of companies, especially when reviewing lots of notes and timesheets.

17. Setting overtime rates for specified shift times in the day

Having more options for overtime pay and rates would make it easier to manage payroll. We have some work that has to be completed outside of normal working hours, this means that we have to work night shifts which come with a specific overtime rate (based on the hours of work). Being able set an overtime rate linked to specific working hour, between 20:00 - 06:00 for example, would be more useful than simply being able to set a rate for working over 8 hours a day.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Adrian, thanks for providing your feedback with us.

I think this could help a lot of different companies with lots of different workflows and industries. However, with limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

18. PTO needs a way to report on balances per employee

It would be helpful to be able to pull a report that shows the current balances for an employee for each policy they are enrolled in. Also, the new PTO report is great, but what it lacks is a running balance alongside the list of approved PTO requests. For example, on a bank statement, with each transaction you can follow it to see how the debit affects the balance. If this sort of detail were simply included in the current report it would be very helpful to be able to understand how specific requests affected the history of the balance…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Paid Time Off (PTO)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing your feedback and idea with us!

Glad to hear you like the new PTO report. I can definitely see how this kind of transaction list with requests and accrual would be really useful for admins and employees both. The report is meant purely for historical purposes, but I could see this idea as an additional feature.

19. Sort Attachments into Folders

Under each job it would be great to be able to sort attachments into different folders. This would be great to see on the desktop and mobile app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Jordan, thanks for providing your feedback with us!

I can definitely see how that could be useful when trying to organize lots of photos/attachments especially for larger projects.

20. Admin User Default Settings Memory

It appears that the App does not have the basic User Default Memory Setting installed. Meaning why would it not remember what filters the User set up and keep those settings each time it is opened via the same user. Without this, then the User has to go back and select the Filters for Dept / Locations / Etc.. each time they log in. This does not seem very time efficient.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there, thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

We have started saving some default filters that you choose on the website, but this could be really handy on the mobile app as well.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base