ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Being able to print timesheets including the notes employees leave

Being able to print timesheets from the reports menu that include the notes employees leave.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thanks for sharing the support for this idea.

Just wanted to grab more information for this idea. Specifically how you would like the notes to be formatted. Would you want the notes on the same page as the report and just underneath, or would you prefer them to just start on a new page? Also just listed out in a log form? With this report there isn’t a great way to put the reports with the specific shift since it just adds everything up by the day. Thanks for any feedback!

2. Export Jobs Selectively

To be able to export selectively,
    Some jobs end mid-week and some are on going. I would like to select one job at a time and export it to Quick Books to be able to invoice that client without exporting all clients still active.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Cristina, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I can definitely see how this would be beneficial for certain workflows. A work around might be creating a Department/Location for a job and then exporting based on departments.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

3. Extend Shifts by dragging edge of cell sideways.

Can you like in float create a way that you can extend shifts by dragging the edge of the cell sideways and it copies previous info automatically:

You can currently grab the edge of the shift and drag it to the next day ... but it does not actually schedule it once you leave it, it just jumps back to where you dragged it from.

Like when you grab a cell in excel you can copy it just by dragging it across or up and down I want to be able to do that..

I know that said can you…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Chrisco, thanks for sharing your idea and feedback!

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

4. Detailed timesheet summaries

I would love to be able to keep track of hours and have them summarized in separate categories. We pay different rates for different types of work, and right now I have to pull those hours out and calculate them manually. Also, we pay different taxes for work in different locations. It would be great to automate/keep track of that in ClockShark.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Melanie, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

This is an interesting idea, but could be implemented so many different ways. I would love to get some more information. How are you trying to separate these hours? Are you wanting to view these by task, job, employee, calculate the pay based on everything? We do have the Pay Rate report that does do some of this, is there anything that is missing for you?

5. I have many times where I am going back and forth between the schedule and creating jobs and the interface gets overloaded and just starts

I have many times where I am going back and forth between the schedule and creating jobs and the interface gets overloaded and just starts spinning. I have to reload the entire platform and then sift back through the schedule to find where I was last working.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey again Maya! Thanks for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

One thing that might be helpful is a “add job” button on the scheduler so you don’t have to go back and forth between the pages. Also just have two web tabs open and refreshing between the two usually helps as well.

But there shouldn’t be any troubles with the web page loading itself. If that is still happening reach out to our support team on the website, email (hello@clockshark.com), or phone (800-828-0689)!

6. Add PTO for multiple employees at a time

I would like the ability to add PTO (vacation time) to employees all in one input instead of one day at a time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid Time Off (PTO)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Denny, thanks for the idea and allowing other to vote and comment with you!

Just to confirm, in a recent update we did add the ability for an admin to add PTO days for an employee. Both single days and multiple days. It is currently one employee at a time though.

But I think that is a great idea that could save lots of time! With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

7. Allow me to undo manual updates

Allow me to undo manual updates

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Wadih, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

Just to gather some more specifics are you wanting to undo edits made to time or something else?

8. Separate the manager permissions for certain groups (e.g. modify time cards for myself but view schedules for my crew)

We have several employees that need to view the schedules of our field crew. They also need the ability to enter a time card via web for themselves. In order to allow them to view the field schedules, we have to allow them the right to alter the field time cards, as those admin rights are bulked together. You should separate those rights by placing the view schedules in the upper rights section.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Approvals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Steve, thanks for sharing this idea for others to comment and vote on.

I know that would be something that is super useful! For now you can give that employee permission to view the schedules for that crew, and then use the checkbox up above that gives them permission to edit their own time via mobile. This way they can view the schedules and only edit themselves, the only downside is they won’t be able to edit on the website.

9. Employee Contact Reports

Allow me to pull reports and quickly see employee "information" details (i.e. user/password, hourly rate). It is annoying to have open each employee profile to verify that the hourly rate is correct or get phone numbers. It would also be nice to be able to add Job Titles

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Nicole, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I can definitely see how a quick report to get the employee password, email, role, and other information would be super useful.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Joy, thanks for sharing your idea with others. Just to gather some more feedback, what kind of details are you specifically looking for in the Audit Log?

11. Notes in Schedules

It would be great to be able to view your notes in your schedule on the computer without having to edit the job, just like you can view it on your phone

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thank you so much for sharing your votes, comments, and feedback for this idea!

This is something we are considering for a future update. This would definitely include the ability to go directly to the job by clicking on it from the left, but I think an important piece is also being able to view the schedule notes by clicking on that shift.

Please keep voting and let me know anymore feedback you might have!

12. Caps Locked

...when we log in, is there a way we can be reminded that our caps are locked. I locked myself out for the first time because my caps were locked.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Wes, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I think that is a small improvement that could be useful for everyone.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will add this!

13. Bulk Editing of Jobs and Employees

Admins should have the ability to bulk edit jobs, tasks, employees, etc. It's so tedious to add or edit multiples entities at once, especially if you're trying to find something specific and have to click into each one to find out.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Brooke, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. Just to gather a little more feedback, what specific fields are you wanting to edit in bulk?

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

14. Different divisions in a company

If a company has different divisions such as Property management and Construction, the employee could choose which division, the job, and the task.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Jeff, thanks for providing your feedback with us.

We do currently have Departments/Locations where you can group your employees however you need. Just to get some more information, is there any reason you want the employee to provide this information themselves? What is your goal with this information?

15. notes from Quickbooks

pull notes section from Quickbooks to scheduled notes on clockshark

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Lauren, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

Just to gather some more feedback, what notes section on QuickBooks are you referring to? Our notes in ClockShark do currently transfer over to the notes section on the employee timesheets in QuickBooks.

16. 2nd PAY RATE.

2nd PAY RATE Option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Pavlo, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

17. Employee Task changing Prompt

Prompt Clocked in users every two hours to verify that they are still performing the same task that they were currently working on.

If the Yes button is hit - no action needed
    If the No button is hit, take the clocked in employee to the task selection and ask for the new task being performed from the list

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Shayne, thanks for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

18. Direct Employee Messaging

There should be a way for an Admin to directly message the phone of all (or certain) employees through ClockShark.

277 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Chris!

Depending on what information needs to be communicated to employees (schedule changes, upcoming job start time), there may already be a notification available in ClockShark. Feel free to check out http://help.clockshark.com/knowledgebase/articles/1133746-using-notifications to see how those notifications suit your needs. :)

Regarding the ability to craft particular messages and send them directly through the app, this is a request that we are hearing more-and-more. I’m sharing this with our development team, and we’ll continue to monitor the votes here for this idea, so we can know when we should add that for you.

If you have any other ideas or suggestions, you can let me know at cliff@clockshark.com. I love to hear how we can improve ClockShark for you.

19. Allow What 3 Words to provide addresses for Geofencning

Allow What 3 Words to provide addresses for Geofencning

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Samuel, thanks for your suggestion! I’ve never heard of them before but they have a very interesting concept.

I can how this would be super useful when trying to find a specific location, like the office of a worksite, a certain door or gate, and things like that. You could paste the three words in the schedules for an employee for an example just so they get the information. But they won’t be able to click on that as a link at the moment.

New integrations are always an investment and with limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Dan, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

We don’t currently do this because we think the format might get a little messy. Just for more feedback, how would you want this to look? Each job broken down with the notes taken and by whom?

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base