ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add time option at the bottom of your last added time

Could there also be an add time button at the bottom of the last time added?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We a few enhancements planned for the Timesheets area. One of them is to make the “Add Time” button sticky so it will follow you down the page as you scroll.

I will keep you updated on the release of this.

2. Get rid of the end of a job requirement to allow jobs to repeat indefinitely

I have a senior care business and unless we lose a client or an employee the job doesn't end. I end up forgetting to go in and reschedule the job so then it just disappears off the schedule.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Jessica, thanks for providing your feedback with us!

I think this could be really useful for lots of different companies and work flows. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

3. Change the Break Button so one can choose between Paid Meal Break (Duration: 30 min) & Paid Rest Break (Duration: 15 min)

Would like to schedule breaks when scheduling each shift. Should have drop down boxes to allow flexibility in nominating Meal Break and Rest Break (no need to have Lunch Break as only applies during the day). As different companies / countries / states have different laws drop down boxes to select the length of the breaks would be better. Auto breaks don't work for us as each employee needs to be able to start and finish their breaks as their work allows. As we need to be available during breaks, if called away can resume break when free to do…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for providing your feedback with us!

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

4. The option to make a job inactive only for the employees view yet keep it active for the admin. until we make it inactive for both

It would be nice to be able to inactivate a job so that it isn't listed any more on the job list but still active for the admin. so that billing can be done at a later date. We invoice out a couple times a month and some times there are many jobs that get added to the job list that the employees then have to figure out where and what the job is that they are looking for.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the additional information, I think this makes a lot of sense and would definitely help other users with a similar workflow.

One thing that might help people in the short term is our feature last of Job Stages. This allows you to custom create a set of stages that your Jobs go through so you can better keep track of them. So in this particular case, you could create a stage called “Ready for Billing” that you apply to these jobs so you can quickly filter for them on the Jobs Page.

You would still have to inactivate the Job to hide it from the employees though, so it isn’t a perfect solution.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

5. Have the ability to eliminate tasks from the clock in process

I have no need to track time by task. So, for now, I have created one dummy task that all workers use for every hour. Should be a way to turn OFF the Task function.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Skip, thanks for sharing your feedback and idea with us.

Our system is designed to require both a Job and a Task, but if you only have one task, then the mobile app and website will automatically pick it so you don’t have to select it every time when clocking in.

If you didn’t want to see that task at all regardless, that is a bigger change to undertake. Since we have tons of ideas, we tend to prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

6. Audit Log Export with Details

The ability to export an audit log that would show changes in a CSV Format.

Being able to see how logs in and when, and what changes they make is a great control component and would be more efficient than reviewing each edit from the timesheet.

Also it would allow for larger companies to determine areas of opportunity and address accordingly with their staff.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Wayne, thanks for the feedback and information for this idea.

A CSV report of this information would be super handy I’m sure for lots of companies especially as they start to grow.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

7. I would like to see an overview map

I would like to be able to log into the app/web and see a map of where all my guys have been. if I've had crews out for several hours, I would like to see a map of every location that has been covered. not just a map of who's currently clocked in. This would be a huge help to my dispatch team

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Lou, thanks for sharing your idea and feedback.

A map that shows all locations and movement for the day, almost like a historical log for the day could be pretty interesting.

8. Send Text MSG to customers when workers are on the way

When the employee starts to a customers house notify the customer with a text msg stating employee's name with "Company" is on the way.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Jessica, thanks for providing your feedback with us! I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this.

9. Timesheet page filter

It would be very helpful if I were able to view multiple selected employees on the "View Timesheets" page. Currently the filter only provides 2 options. ALL EMPLOYEES or 1 employee only. When I called for help, I was advised to use the JOB DETAIL report, but that report does not let me see the details and information the timesheet page provides. I have groups of 2 employees that work together, and trying to reconcile their times is difficult and very time consuming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Mina, thanks for reaching out to us with this idea.

I agree, I think that could be really useful for exactly the reasons you described.

10. GPSTrack does not indicate coordinates.

GPSTrack does not indicate coordinates. With TSheets we used It is a a safety feature and a way of confirmation of the employees location. We compare against our dispatched coordinates for the exact location.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Steve, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. I can definitely see this as a useful addition for users.

11. Put an icon on the web app's menu bar to go straight to Customer Search

I manage Customers and Jobs. I must click "ADMIN>" then "Customers" a hundred times a day. It would be wonderful to have a hot-key and/or icon on the main screen. Thx

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there, thanks for sharing!

I think this could be really useful to be able to navigate directly to another Job, Customer, etc from any page.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

12. Task visual aid on Timesheets

We would like to be able to see what task the employee worked during the shift. So we can focus on certain task to review easier then having to look through each employee. For example we would like to focus first on those employees that worked under the task "drive time" in the week.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Robert, thanks for sharing your idea and feedback.

Creating a “task view” of the timesheets I think could be a great addition for digging into new information.

13. Temperature Tracking with Clock In Questions

Please create something so we can track temps of our technicians. With COVID19 continuing to impact businesses and certain cities requiring businesses to track all temperatures of those coming on site. This would be a huge help to all of us I think. It could be as elaborate as tying the temp to each job so we can run a report on the job details that would show a column for temp that the technician put in. Or as simple as a clock in question (much like the clock out questions) and have it ask or let us create our…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Molly thanks for providing your feedback with this idea! This is something that has been brought up and we are looking into ways we can adapt our Clock Out Questions to be used in this situation.

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With limited work time though and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let’s keep the votes coming and we will build this!

14. Allow the users to download lists of the current active employees, jobs, and tasks.

From the website, being able to download CSV lists of the current active employees (maybe name and email listed), as well as jobs (with name, number, address, description), and tasks (name and number). This would be a super quick and easy way to view everything in the system and not miss anything.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This currently an option if you contact our support team, they will be able to get you all this information!

But I think this would be a really valuable resource if the user could do this. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

15. Mix and match PTO accrual options

Have more option for when we set up PTO policy. I want to give our employees 8 hours of pto when it is their birthday. Currently you can select Anniversary but it would be nice to have an option for Birthday or better yet let us set up a criteria.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid Time Off (PTO)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Cheryl, sounds like a great bonus on their birthday!

Just to gather a little more information, do the employees accrue time any other way? Do they also accrue time based on the hours they work or maybe at the beginning of the year?

If so, you can definitely add time for the employees manually just by editing the employee (or going to the PTO policy) and giving the employee an additional 8 hours. It could be cool to “mix” accruals though. Maybe they accrue based on the hours worked but get some extra time for Christmas for example.

16. Need daily hours alongside the Pay rate report or pay rate on the Timesheets report

Pay rate report needs detail hours of employee besides dollar amount

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Juan, thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Seems like this could be solved either by providing more details on the Pay Rate report like you were saying or by providing the total amount of dollars on the Timesheets report since that has the rest.

17. Create a job wage for Prevailing Wage jobs or multiple rates for each employee to accommodate for Prevailing Wages

We do several Prevailing wage jobs each week and I have no way of changing the payroll reports to the correct wage automatically in your program. It would be nice to be able to either have a "Job Wage" because all my guys make the same wage for certain Prevailing Wage jobs. I know I'm not the only one who has to deal with Prevailing Wage so I'm sure it would help a lot of payroll people.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Toni, thank you so much for your idea and feedback.

Makes a lot sense and I’m sure there are others that could get benefit out of this as well. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

18. Task notes

If i could add a note to a task it would allow me to put in a note with the labour price that we are going to pay for that specific task. We do things a bit different and dont pay the blokes per hour but by a set labour rate for a task and they currently have to phone the office for the price.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Chris, thanks for your feedback and idea!

For the immediate future, there is a workaround that could potentially help you. If the prices by task don’t change per job, you could create a spreadsheet or document that lists the price alongside the task and task code. Then you could attach this document to a job you create called “Task Prices” available to everyone and they could check the document for the prices.

Hopefully, this will help for the time being, but I do think task notes are an interesting idea. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

19. Option to sort Employees alphabetically on "Who's Working Now"

Filters for "Who's Working Now" section. Being able to see who's working by alphabetical order and also being able to see who's working at a specific job site.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Job filter portion has been released for the Who’s Working Now page. The employees also have a filter and by default they are listed by most recent action.

If you’d like to be able to sort the employees alphabetically on this page keep voting for this idea!

20. Running a report in job screen

It would be nice to run a report without having to go to "Reports". It would be very convenient if you could run a report from the 3 dot menu next to a job and/or within the job view. The report could be a simple 365 day report.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback Dylan!

I could definitely see this being useful and I think there is a lot we could expand on there.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base