ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hazard Assessment

Anyway to integrate a hazard assessment into clockshark???

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

At the moment you can attach a template PDF of this daily sheet to a job and then users would be able to download that daily on their phone, sign it, and then attach it to their shift.

Is there another way that you would like this to be handled?

2. Attachments

Help me avoid duplicates! Would be terrific if there was a way to visually know I previously downloaded an attachment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Tammi, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

At the moment, downloading a file just starts a process with your computer itself. So the best course of action would be to check your downloads if you have the file already.

Besides that, with limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

3. Allow you to add a lead employee on each job with reports to see a quick evaluation of projects for the month

On each project I would like to be able to choose a lead employee on that job so I can do a quick report to view his projects to see hours bid vs actual hours and such.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Michael, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I would love to get a little more understanding of the report that you are trying to generate. Are you trying to just get a quick total of each job that an employee has worked on?

Or are you wanting to have the employee have access to run reports for the jobs they are working on? Or something else? Thanks for any more information you can provide!

4. Different Straight Time Work Schedules by Employee

Certain Union agreements or agreements with local DOL allow for working 4 x 10 hour days at straight time (if Employee Voluntary agrees). It would be nice to toggle alternate schedule that would reflect OT beyond 10 hours.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Coleen, different OT rules is always something that comes up because everyone seems to have a little different rules depending on the state, country, industry, etc.

We do have the option to set daily OT to 40 actually, but are you wanting this OT to apply to only certain employees.

5. Monthly time sheet for each employee Report

Hi there,

I need to run a monthly time sheet report for my employees from the Reports section, It would make my life simplified, and cut alot of time, if I could have the report in an monthly format than just weekly CSV or PDF.

Please.

Thanks

Bernard

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Bernard, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I would love to get a little more detail on exactly what you are looking for. Are you wanting a monthly format for all employee reports? Specifically the employee details, employee summary, timesheets, and maybe pay rate report? Or just a certain report?

Are you trying to just get a quick total of the hours, or are you wanting it broken by job and task? And what are you using this information for? I know that was a lot of questions, thanks for any more feedback!

6. Attach notes to a job

Currently, notes attach to a job through an employee clocked into that job. It would be great if the notes could be accessed by the job and not through the employee that made them originally. We do not give all employees full access but there are times an employee needs to know what has been done on a job.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thanks for the votes and the comments on this idea! Currently we have the ability for the employee to leave notes on the timesheet, as well as having an admin add notes/attachments to the job itself. These are available to be seen by the employee for more direction about that job.

We are exploring a more collaborative feature where the employee notes will be visible by the job that way you can easily view everything getting done as it pertains to each job!

7. Being able to add time for a whole department at a time

I would absolutely love it if I could create a group of employees when adding time to the time sheets. I have a group of 11 employees that are hourly, but guaranteed 40 hours/ week. It would be awesome if I could just click on a group name to add their time each day instead of clicking each individual name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Adam, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

I definitely agree and think this would be a great feature. We do currently have this as an option for the scheduler but not on the timesheets.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

8. Allow job adding when logged into kiosk mode

Would be great if an employee could add a job while he is logged into the kiosk mode...at this point, it seems this option is only available if they are logged into the crew clock mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Carre, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I can definitely see how that would be useful. Just to get some more feedback, what kind of employees are using the kiosk at the moment? Are these employees out in the field with a crew or are they generally at a set location like a warehouse or a job site?

9. mobile features

be able to add employees and change/check passwords from mobile

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Benjamin, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

As we continue to grow we want to also keep expanding the amount of work you can do on the mobile app as well. In the meantime, you can always to go clockshark.com on your mobile phone browser and add employees through the website while you are in the field.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

10. Run reports for active and inactive jobs/projects

We as a customer/user of clock shark we should be able to generate a report using “active” and/or “inactive” Job/projects for a particular vendor

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

11. Sum

I would love to input pay rate against my crews hours and automatically have the pay sum available when I issue checks. Can we do that?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey William, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

We have added pay rates that you can set under each employee. With this information you can run a report to see the total amount of money spent for each job, employee, or task. They are meant as an estimate as we don’t calculate taxes or anything like that. Let me know if this helps!

12. Show OVERTIME DETAIL on the DETAIL REPORT!

Show the Overtime Detail on the Detailed Time Sheet Report!
    Right now, I have to print 2 time sheets for each employee, each week.
    The regular 'Time sheet' shows overtime, the Detail Time sheet does not!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Lynn, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I would love to get some more information on the workflow you are trying to accomplish. What information is on the detail report that is not on the timesheet report? What information specifically are you trying to get and show to the employee?

13. AutoScheduling Based on Availability and Skillsets

Allow employees to be automatically assigned to jobs based on skills/trainings and availability. Push a button and the schedule is automatically generated, then can be revised manually to make any needed adjustments. This would cut the time spent on scheduling down dramatically.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Definitely something that would be incredibly useful for lots of users.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

14. Text formatting options in Notes

With notes being adjusted to 2000 character limit (would prefer Unlimited), I’d like to see the option where we can format our notes, allow us to add bold text, underline, enter image (logo, photo), custom tables (rows, tables), etc. maybe allow HTML formatting? Would love to see this data transferred into a CSV for historical records.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey CJ, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I can definitely see how this could be useful for better organization and layout.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

15. Schedule jobs without an employee - then add employees later

Within the schedule tool, It would be awesome if we could add jobs to the schedule and later apply an empolyee to the project. Currently the job requires an immediate employee to be assigned. Adding such a feature would allow a company to schedule the jobs and manage things easier for how my company runs. Just a thought I wanted to share.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion, Cameron! I love to hear user input on how we can improve ClockShark for you.

Let’s let folks vote on your idea so we can consider adding it in a future feature release. If you have any other ideas or suggestions, you can let me know at hello@clockshark.com :)

16. Auto split task (time clock entry) when rolls into OT

>While punched into system when OT is reached (if tasks not excluded from OT) have the system generate a separate punch for the OT.

> Also on the master CSV export have a field that ID's ST or OT etc.

I manually split time card entries into the ST & OT portion (since I am entering every item rather than from the Summary). I then Cut & Paste into Sage 100 Con

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey again Coleen, thank you so much for giving us your feedback!

The good news is that we do have an area on the CSV export for regular time, overtime, double time, PTO, UPTO, and more!

As for the actual splitting of time, there are a lot of rules and situations surrounding overtime that don’t really fit with having them as separate punches. Especially when every company does things a little bit differently. Hopefully the breakdown by type in the CSV export can work for you.

17. Add custom fields with grouping ability in each area "Jobs, Tasks, Employees"

In Company Settings, you would ID field names for different areas.
    + Then you could Assign "Task custom Field" to a job and all Tasks would then be added.
    + Type of Employee "Supervisor" could be given right to see all Employees assigned to them
    + You could group "Types of Jobs" T&M, Gov't contract, homeowner etc
    This would allow greater flexibility to the Company and allow a variety of different uses with the same "Custom Fields"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Coleen, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

This is great idea that combines really three separate ideas. One is to have tasking groupings, two is to have saved “roles” you can apply for employee permissions, and the three is to have job groupings. All fantastic ideas that we would love to implement in the future. I would like to split this idea up though into three different ideas in order to track them individually.

If it is okay with you, I will convert this ticket into the “job groupings” one, I will create and new ticket for the saved roles, and there is an existing ticket for task groupings here (http://ideas.clockshark.com/forums/921697/suggestions/35108215). Does that sound okay?

18. Paid Time Off by Job (Federal Sick Leave)

Able to accrue Federal Sick Leave. Apply specific policy to specific jobs, rather than all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid Time Off (PTO)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Coleen, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

At the moment, this would be best handled with a custom PTO policy that you manually input the hours for. But I can definitely see the use case for this. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support, so let’s have users vote on this idea!

19. Task grouping

It would be nice to be able to create a task group for commonly used task.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers great support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

20. on the schedule board create a filter for internal or external jobs (checkbox on the job record)

schedule board create a filter for internal or external jobs (checkbox on the job record)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Luke, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I’m not sure I’m fully understanding this idea, I would love to get some more information. Are you wanting to kind of group the schedules by where they are taking place?

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base