ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sort Tasks Numerically in Schedules

Currently adding/editing a shift in Schedules sorts Tasks by last used and not in a numerical order drop-down list. This does not occur in My Time Clock entries nor iPhone app. Makes more sense to be consistent and keep in the same alpha or numerical order...making finding Tasks more logical and more easily repeated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Mark, thanks for pointing this out! I think this is just a little detail we missed.

We do have alphanumerical sorting everywhere else on the website so I’m going to see if we can get that added here as well.

2. Text formatting options in Notes

With notes being adjusted to 2000 character limit (would prefer Unlimited), I’d like to see the option where we can format our notes, allow us to add bold text, underline, enter image (logo, photo), custom tables (rows, tables), etc. maybe allow HTML formatting? Would love to see this data transferred into a CSV for historical records.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Auto split task (time clock entry) when rolls into OT

>While punched into system when OT is reached (if tasks not excluded from OT) have the system generate a separate punch for the OT.

> Also on the master CSV export have a field that ID's ST or OT etc.

I manually split time card entries into the ST & OT portion (since I am entering every item rather than from the Summary). I then Cut & Paste into Sage 100 Con

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add custom fields with grouping ability in each area "Jobs, Tasks, Employees"

In Company Settings, you would ID field names for different areas.
    + Then you could Assign "Task custom Field" to a job and all Tasks would then be added.
    + Type of Employee "Supervisor" could be given right to see all Employees assigned to them
    + You could group "Types of Jobs" T&M, Gov't contract, homeowner etc
    This would allow greater flexibility to the Company and allow a variety of different uses with the same "Custom Fields"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Different Straight Time Work Schedules by Employee

Certain Union agreements or agreements with local DOL allow for working 4 x 10 hour days at straight time (if Employee Voluntary agrees). It would be nice to toggle alternate schedule that would reflect OT beyond 10 hours.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Coleen, different OT rules is always something that comes up because everyone seems to have a little different rules depending on the state, country, industry, etc.

We do have the option to set daily OT to 40 actually, but are you wanting this OT to apply to only certain employees.

6. Paid Time Off by Job (Federal Sick Leave)

Able to accrue Federal Sick Leave. Apply specific policy to specific jobs, rather than all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid Time Off (PTO)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Coleen, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

At the moment, this would be best handled with a custom PTO policy that you manually input the hours for. But I can definitely see the use case for this. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support, so let’s have users vote on this idea!

7. Schedule jobs without an employee - then add employees later

Within the schedule tool, It would be awesome if we could add jobs to the schedule and later apply an empolyee to the project. Currently the job requires an immediate employee to be assigned. Adding such a feature would allow a company to schedule the jobs and manage things easier for how my company runs. Just a thought I wanted to share.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion, Cameron! I love to hear user input on how we can improve ClockShark for you.

Let’s let folks vote on your idea so we can consider adding it in a future feature release. If you have any other ideas or suggestions, you can let me know at hello@clockshark.com :)

8. View Who's Working Now - Allow Senior Field Personnel To Manage

The foremen should be able to select whatever employees are assigned to them for that day/week without being labeled ADMIN. They should be able to control WHO THEY CAN VIEW. Unfortunately, current setting do not allow them to filter who they can and cannot see.
    Please developers! Add an option for foremen to add crews under themselves. THANK YOU.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there! Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

At the moment, you admins can set the permissions for foremen so that they have the ability to view the Who’s Working Now page for multiple employees. There is also a filter there for them to use. So you can give them access to view 20 employees, and they could use the filters if needed to view the 10 they need.

Is there anything else that you are wanting? It sounds like maybe you want the foremen themselves to be able to choose which employees they have access to themselves?

If you have any questions contact our support team via chat on the website, email (hello@clockshark.com), or phone (800-828-0689).

9. on the schedule board create a filter for internal or external jobs (checkbox on the job record)

schedule board create a filter for internal or external jobs (checkbox on the job record)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Batch job name replacement before exporting!

My guys usually make up an easy name to remember a particular long term job. My QB usually has a more detailed name. I have to go one by one and change the job name day by day for each employee to get it to the right job name before I export the week.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Matt, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

Just wanted to get some more information on your current work flow. You can just map that ClockShark job to the QuickBooks job without changing either name. And when you run the web connector, the QB should overwrite the CS job name.

Or you could also just change the name of the job in ClockShark without having to edit all the times. Does that sound like something that would be easier for you?

11. Schedule Lunch Breaks

We would like to be able to schedule lunch breaks for our employees. The automatic lunch time feature does not work for us. Right now the only way around it is by adding lunch as task and using it to schedule. The problem is we then have to use the switch job button instead of lunch break button. This feature should also have notification feature added so they are reminded to clock out for lunch.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Task grouping

It would be nice to be able to create a task group for commonly used task.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers great support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

13. Employee Summary Report -- Include PTO Summary at Bottom

This should include a summary below the table for PTO amounts taken by each employee...other "task types" would be helpful, too

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Zachary, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

Are you wanting the report in a weekly format? Or are you looking for some report that provides quick totals?

We are considering a report that gives you quick regular hours, OT hours, PTO hours, etc. for the employee. And then an optional breakdown that could provide the hours worked per job or task. Does this sound useful or anything you would change with this? Would love any feedback you can provide!

14. Auto overtime associated with tasks.

Have a task automatically calculate overtime hours when chosen on a job.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

I think this a great idea and could be very helpful to users is tons of different areas.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

15. Allow you to add a lead employee on each job with reports to see a quick evaluation of projects for the month

On each project I would like to be able to choose a lead employee on that job so I can do a quick report to view his projects to see hours bid vs actual hours and such.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow to send text message alerts instead of app notifications

Allow to send text message alerts instead of app notifications

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

17. Fleet tracking add-on or integration

Offer a fleet tracking GPS module for trucks or integrate with a fleet tracking provider so that ClockShark time tracking GPS and fleet tracking GPS info can be combined into a single view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Automatic Lunch for Select Employees Only

The ability to turn off the automatic lunch for only select people. Or, make it so it automatically adds the time when they clock out. Right now it looks like it happens at mid night? This has caused us a lot of problems.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for this suggestion! Let’s let folks vote on this, and we’ll consider adjusting that feature in a future update! :)

19. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Janie, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. And personally I know I would use this a ton! With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

20. Allow me to run a report that reflects the daily over time and weekly over time and specific time period report.

Within the employee detail report or the time sheets report. I would like to see a daily over time total, weekly over time and total over time for the pay period I am running payrolls for. Something similar to "my time sheet"
    Something like this: Monday 8.00 reg/ 0.25 over time
    Weekly: 40.00 Reg and below it. Over Time 0.32, just like the my sheet and for the pay period would be nice to see as pay period total regular time then beneath it pay period total over time as a confirmation for the breakdown of the daily, weekly and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base