ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Schedule Lunch Breaks

We would like to be able to schedule lunch breaks for our employees. The automatic lunch time feature does not work for us. Right now the only way around it is by adding lunch as task and using it to schedule. The problem is we then have to use the switch job button instead of lunch break button. This feature should also have notification feature added so they are reminded to clock out for lunch.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Schedule jobs without an employee - then add employees later

Within the schedule tool, It would be awesome if we could add jobs to the schedule and later apply an empolyee to the project. Currently the job requires an immediate employee to be assigned. Adding such a feature would allow a company to schedule the jobs and manage things easier for how my company runs. Just a thought I wanted to share.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion, Cameron! I love to hear user input on how we can improve ClockShark for you.

Let’s let folks vote on your idea so we can consider adding it in a future feature release. If you have any other ideas or suggestions, you can let me know at hello@clockshark.com :)

3. Lists for individual jobs, visible only to admins

It would be great to have a function where you can make a list per job that only the admins can see.

More so a to-do list for each job so that when we close out the job the admin can ensure that all items have been checked off? Doesn't need to be complex but using Trello, to-do lists and ClockShark, as they are not integrated, becomes a bit annoying.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. types of employees

i would like to see other options for employees/admin listed when people are being added to clockshark. There should be options like Subcontractors, temp employees, or limited term contractors. since I run a business and use suncontractors, I cannot use clockshark to its full potential since they are not employees. There is no other way to list them, but wish there was.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Paid and Unpaid Break Rules or Formulas

Custom Rules for paid breaks. Canadian labour laws require a paid 15 minutes for every 4 hours worked. Ability to have paid breaks calculated with unpaid breaks without employees switching to a "Paid Break" task half way through a long break. (Because they never will.

Also option to blend paid breaks into other tasks so I don't have to highlight the money a customer is spending on paid breaks, even though legally required, (Doesn't make invoicing easier...)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Auto overtime associated with tasks.

Have a task automatically calculate overtime hours when chosen on a job.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow you to add a lead employee on each job with reports to see a quick evaluation of projects for the month

On each project I would like to be able to choose a lead employee on that job so I can do a quick report to view his projects to see hours bid vs actual hours and such.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. New Reports Functionality

I would like to see a cross report function between different settings. My employees would like to know their times spent on each job as it pertains to a pay period but other options would be nice as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Equipment, Trucks and Tools to the Schedule

Be able to schedule employees with a specific truck or piece of equipment. Jobs are frequently in contention for specific trucks, specific equipment (like a backhoe for instance) or tools. If the correct tools and equipment are not available and assigned the job cannot proceed. This is a major concern when scheduling.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fleet tracking add-on or integration

Offer a fleet tracking GPS module for trucks or integrate with a fleet tracking provider so that ClockShark time tracking GPS and fleet tracking GPS info can be combined into a single view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a report that gives total time by job over the entire pay period rather than only weekly totals.

I would like to see a timesheet report that gives each employee's total hours worked per job over the entire 2-week pay period. The current timesheet report gives the total by job for each week, which I then have to add together by hand for each employee. This can be very time consuming, especially for clerical employees who log time in multiple jobs each pay period.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Geo Fence my office

All of my employees start their day at my office. From there they might all goto different jobs. It would be nice to be able to set a geo fence around my company office, so I can tell whos actually at the office when they punch in or out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Attach notes to a job

Currently, notes attach to a job through an employee clocked into that job. It would be great if the notes could be accessed by the job and not through the employee that made them originally. We do not give all employees full access but there are times an employee needs to know what has been done on a job.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for posting your idea to the Voting Forum. Let’s let folks share their support for it, and then we can consider it for a future update. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions!

14. Allow me to run a report that reflects the daily over time and weekly over time and specific time period report.

Within the employee detail report or the time sheets report. I would like to see a daily over time total, weekly over time and total over time for the pay period I am running payrolls for. Something similar to "my time sheet"
    Something like this: Monday 8.00 reg/ 0.25 over time
    Weekly: 40.00 Reg and below it. Over Time 0.32, just like the my sheet and for the pay period would be nice to see as pay period total regular time then beneath it pay period total over time as a confirmation for the breakdown of the daily, weekly and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. hours double due to task/job

What I have found is that if an employee is scheduled for a 2 hour job at point A but never gets there because he is at point B and logged in there his hours add both jobs to his time for the day. Maybe an alert to the admin as to doubled hours could be added as a safeguard?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Time Off Requests/Tracking including Unpaid Time Off

Allow employees to request PTO, Sick, and UNPAID time off. Approved requests should display on the schedule/time card, and display accordingly on the time sheet totals.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid Time Off (PTO)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Automatic Lunch for Select Employees Only

The ability to turn off the automatic lunch for only select people. Or, make it so it automatically adds the time when they clock out. Right now it looks like it happens at mid night? This has caused us a lot of problems.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for this suggestion! Let’s let folks vote on this, and we’ll consider adjusting that feature in a future update! :)

19. Add means of reports on the details of the job not just time stamps...so if I want reports to see if jobs have been paid.

I'd like to be able to see more than just time stamps in reports. There are many details in those jobs that I'd like to keep track of.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. View Who's Working Now - Allow Senior Field Personnel To Manage

The foremen should be able to select whatever employees are assigned to them for that day/week without being labeled ADMIN. They should be able to control WHO THEY CAN VIEW. Unfortunately, current setting do not allow them to filter who they can and cannot see.
    Please developers! Add an option for foremen to add crews under themselves. THANK YOU.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base