ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add approval on employee timesheet screen.

Could you please add approval on the employee timesheet screen. That way I can approve each day worked. It doesnt help me to approve the week summary...because i cant see all of the details on that screen. Thank you!

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Approvals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m happy to say that this is complete! Now you can approve each employee’s day while you viewing their details. There is also a brand new weekly calendar summary, bulk actions, and linking to the timesheets right from the approvals!

If you have any questions contact our support team via chat on the website, email (hello@clockshark.com), or phone (800-828-0689). Enjoy this awesome new feature!

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid Time Off (PTO)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Teresa, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

We just recently added an unpaid PTO feature for ClockShark. Head over to Admin > Time Off > Policies > Add Policies to get started!

4. Timesheet direct date going back to previous month's or years to edit time sheets

I have a suggestion:
    Please make so I can go back on the timesheet calender to specific dates.
    Ex: If I wanted to go back 6 months to look at 2 week on a pay period etc...
    I am suggesting this because I have to go back and add time or correct something that has been brought to my attention after the fact.
    Thanks,
    JT

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the great idea and votes!

This has been added so you can quickly select a certain week without have to go through each one by one. The same kind of calendar is coming to the scheduler soon as well!

If you have any questions contact our support team via chat on the website, email (hello@clockshark.com), or phone (800-828-0689).

5. admin in the field

admin should be able to change schedule for all employees from the phone app
    all employees should be able to see job addresses from the schedule

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. inactive employees archive

All inactive employees should go into a folder so i don't have to scroll thru 5 plus pages of employees.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback and sharing your idea with others!

I’m happy to say this is something that we actually added for tasks, employees, and jobs! On the each page now, you have the ability to view active the active items, inactive items, or all items!

7. headers

Put headers on each page on all report. Example: timesheets run to multple pages the employee is not identifed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Admin ability to put in Unpaid Time off for Techs

Make it possible for Admins to login and put in unpaid time off. This would be for a technician that calls out due to sickness or an emergency that cannot access their phones to clock in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Molly, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

We did add this functionality now actually! You can add PTO/sick time directly for an employee now!

If you have any questions contact our support team via chat on the website, email (hello@clockshark.com), or phone (800-828-0689).

9. Drop down function

Drop down function could be better, as you type any name Job name or Employee, currently you still have to "click" to get that name to appear in the said field otherwise the name goes away and you have to start typing all over again

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a footnote of the employess name on the bottom of the printed timesheets

Could ClockShark please add the employees name to all of the timesheets that are printed out. Currently, if the timesheet report is 3 pages or longer, the name is not printed on the 3rd page. It would be great if there was a foot note on the bottom. I am currently having to handwrite it on all of the 3rd pages. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Time Off Requests/Tracking including Unpaid Time Off

Allow employees to request PTO, Sick, and UNPAID time off. Approved requests should display on the schedule/time card, and display accordingly on the time sheet totals.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Angela, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

We have been busy in the past year! We launched our PTO/sick time awhile ago and we just recently added an unpaid PTO feature for ClockShark. If you have any questions contact our support team via chat on the website, email (hello@clockshark.com), or phone (800-828-0689).

12. Stop map rotation when GPSTrack animation plays

We play the GPSTrak trail animation to see where our employees were each day so we can verify that they were where they were supposed to be. As it plays, the map randomly rotates. At first, I thought it rotated in the direction of travel, but I realized that sometimes it doesn't rotate when the direction changes and sometimes the rotation has nothing to do with the direction of travel. It is super annoying and hard to look at. We have to pause the location and try to figure out where they were. It is an important feature to us…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. administrator entry of time off

I love the new time off option, however it would be helpful to administrators to be able to input time off particularly for sick time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Tamara, thanks for adding your suggestion!

This is something we actually just implemented. If you head over to Admin > Time Off, you’ll see a new button for “Add Time Off.” So now the admins can directly add the request on behalf of the employees.

14. count of hours on the scheduling

Lets say I have 120 hours to use weekly. When writing the schedule it would be awesome if totaled the hours scheduled and the hours for each employee. That way I can see how many hours I have scheduled without keeping my own tally

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the great suggestion! We now offer the option on your Company Settings to “Display Scheduled Hours”, which will provide a total for each employee on the Scheduler. Keep the feedback coming!

15. Floating "Date Bar" in Timesheet View

Allow the "Date Bar" across the top in Timesheet view, to float so as you scroll down to view employees time, you don't have to scroll back to the top to see the actual day/date. In other words, if the "Date Bar" floats, you will be able to see it no matter how far down you scroll.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. schedule

I would like a option for schedule days off , holidays etc. also would like to have the scheduler go at least a month out I know you can go a month but I think it should be like the one week two week option.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone! With our new PTO feature and PTO update, you can create as many PTO policies as you would like and your employees can belong to as many as they need.

With this you can create a “Holiday” policy and assign this PTO for everyone and have it show up on both the timesheets and schedule. We also do have a day, week, 2 week, and month view for the scheduler.

17. Add an alarm when double scheduling an employee!

We typically schedule a group of employees at once and on occasion, we double book or schedule a shift to an employee who has a vacation request scheduled shark. Even though Shark doesn't have a HR feature, it's easier to have all shift requests such as requests to leave early for an appt or taking a personal day all in one calendar. Right now, you can schedule an employee for multiple shifts in the same day without any alarms or alerts. Without having to scroll through all the employees, there isn't another way to see if anyone is scheduled for…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Go To Date

How about the option to jump to a specific date? When going through time sheets to correct something that was done months ago, we currently have to scroll through week by week. If we had a "Jump to" where we could enter the specific date and it would jump to the week of that date, it would save a lot of time and unnecessary scrolling/clicking to get to the week we want to get to.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow longer date ranges in reporting

Some reports only allow a maximum of 31 days for a report date range. Only the "job details" and "task details" reports allow 365 days, but I would like the same option for "employees summary" and other reports.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thanks for all the votes and comments.

I wanted to pass along the good news that all reports are able to be run for 365 days now! Great for end of year reporting, enjoy them!

20. Forms and checklists

It would be nice to have a feature that lets you add checklists and forms to jobs. Or possibly integrate with an existing forms app such as jot form or canvas.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, happy to announce that our Crew Clock Questions feature is fully released and active! Thank you so much for all the votes and comments, it really helps us determine our product roadmap.

With this feature, you can require employees to answer a set of questions to everyone, a specific department/location, or job. You can also be notified if a response is deemed as “unexpected.” This is great for verifying work safety, ensuring breaks are taken, retrieving the status of the job and more! Please contact our support team by chat, email (hello@clockshark.com), or phone (800-828-0689) to learn more!

Also if there is some requirement not met by this current version of the feature, please let us know!

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base