ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please bring back the option to click last two weeks when printing Employee Timesheets.

It was easier to click on last two weeks then looking at the calendar and remembering the last pay period. I never had to "think" about it before and made things go really fast. Would like to see that option brought back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just wanted to let you know that the “Last 2 Weeks” option is back for the reports date selector and the export time date selector! Thanks for the feedback!

2. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. add a this year option in job details report

Be able to do a job detail report for this year

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just wanted to let you know that this was included in a recent release of the website! There is now the year-to-date option, last year, last 365 days, and more! Have a great day and enjoy!

4. Add approval on employee timesheet screen.

Could you please add approval on the employee timesheet screen. That way I can approve each day worked. It doesnt help me to approve the week summary...because i cant see all of the details on that screen. Thank you!

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Approvals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m happy to say that this is complete! Now you can approve each employee’s day while you viewing their details. There is also a brand new weekly calendar summary, bulk actions, and linking to the timesheets right from the approvals!

If you have any questions contact our support team via chat on the website, email (hello@clockshark.com), or phone (800-828-0689). Enjoy this awesome new feature!

5. Client Info (Phone, Email, Notes about client) should have dedicated spot under details.

There should be a way when adding a Job to add the Clients contact info (name, phone, notes such as gate access/personal note about client) and this info should show up at the top of the Details page. As of now you have to manually type in any contact info into the job notes (which should be reserved for notes about the job). This would not only look better from a UI perspective but would save the employee's time by having it under the Job name/# (above the address line).

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone! Happy to announce our new Customers feature!

This allows you to create a Customer to keep track of all your contacts, notes, jobs, attachments, and more that may revolve around a single Business or Individual. This is great for larger projects, recurring projects, and more.

Check out this article (https://help.clockshark.com/en/articles/3944382-how-to-enable-and-use-clockshark-customers) to get started!

If you have any questions or feedback contact our support team via chat on the website, email (hello@clockshark.com), or phone (800-828-0689).

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Paid Time Off (PTO)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Teresa, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

We just recently added an unpaid PTO feature for ClockShark. Head over to Admin > Time Off > Policies > Add Policies to get started!

7. Timesheet direct date going back to previous month's or years to edit time sheets

I have a suggestion:
    Please make so I can go back on the timesheet calender to specific dates.
    Ex: If I wanted to go back 6 months to look at 2 week on a pay period etc...
    I am suggesting this because I have to go back and add time or correct something that has been brought to my attention after the fact.
    Thanks,
    JT

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the great idea and votes!

This has been added so you can quickly select a certain week without have to go through each one by one. The same kind of calendar is coming to the scheduler soon as well!

If you have any questions contact our support team via chat on the website, email (hello@clockshark.com), or phone (800-828-0689).

8. admin in the field

admin should be able to change schedule for all employees from the phone app
    all employees should be able to see job addresses from the schedule

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Monthly schedule should just say September for September vs August 21-October 11

When looking at the monthly schedule it lists the actual dates you are seeing vs the month ie. the month of September is listed as August 21-October 11 which means every time I have to take a moment to reconfigure in my head that I am working in September which is not listed. I much rather have it look like google calendar where it says September and the August and October dates are just grayed out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Maya, this actually did get updated recently! So now it just says “February” but still includes the days around the month that you were referring to. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

10. inactive employees archive

All inactive employees should go into a folder so i don't have to scroll thru 5 plus pages of employees.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Employee Communication & Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback and sharing your idea with others!

I’m happy to say this is something that we actually added for tasks, employees, and jobs! On the each page now, you have the ability to view active the active items, inactive items, or all items!

11. headers

Put headers on each page on all report. Example: timesheets run to multple pages the employee is not identifed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Admin ability to put in Unpaid Time off for Techs

Make it possible for Admins to login and put in unpaid time off. This would be for a technician that calls out due to sickness or an emergency that cannot access their phones to clock in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Timesheets & Time Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Molly, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

We did add this functionality now actually! You can add PTO/sick time directly for an employee now!

If you have any questions contact our support team via chat on the website, email (hello@clockshark.com), or phone (800-828-0689).

13. Drop down function

Drop down function could be better, as you type any name Job name or Employee, currently you still have to "click" to get that name to appear in the said field otherwise the name goes away and you have to start typing all over again

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a footnote of the employess name on the bottom of the printed timesheets

Could ClockShark please add the employees name to all of the timesheets that are printed out. Currently, if the timesheet report is 3 pages or longer, the name is not printed on the 3rd page. It would be great if there was a foot note on the bottom. I am currently having to handwrite it on all of the 3rd pages. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Time Off Requests/Tracking including Unpaid Time Off

Allow employees to request PTO, Sick, and UNPAID time off. Approved requests should display on the schedule/time card, and display accordingly on the time sheet totals.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Angela, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

We have been busy in the past year! We launched our PTO/sick time awhile ago and we just recently added an unpaid PTO feature for ClockShark. If you have any questions contact our support team via chat on the website, email (hello@clockshark.com), or phone (800-828-0689).

16. Current year automatically shown in Job Detail Reports

I think that it's confusing and a waste of paper having the Job Detail Reports automatically start out with last year's date. I suggest that all dates should reflect the current month and year automatically and if you need to go back in time then you manually change it then.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that the new report date selector has been released! This now includes options for last 30 days, last 90 days, last 365 days, a year-to-date option, and a last year option!

The default is still the last 365 days as that was very heavily favored, especially since a lot of jobs can last up to that long if not longer. Have a great day and enjoy!

17. Why can't I change the date on a report by clicking the box and typing it in. I loathe the click to the right date for start and finish met

On the job details date range, please let me tab or click and key in the date. I just cannot get the click the date to work 95% of the time across months. It makes me feel stupid which is never good.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The new date selector is out! This new version removes the drop downs that were a little confusing and simply lets you type the dates in if you want. You can also just click on the calendar to choose the start date and end date.

18. Stop map rotation when GPSTrack animation plays

We play the GPSTrak trail animation to see where our employees were each day so we can verify that they were where they were supposed to be. As it plays, the map randomly rotates. At first, I thought it rotated in the direction of travel, but I realized that sometimes it doesn't rotate when the direction changes and sometimes the rotation has nothing to do with the direction of travel. It is super annoying and hard to look at. We have to pause the location and try to figure out where they were. It is an important feature to us…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other/General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. administrator entry of time off

I love the new time off option, however it would be helpful to administrators to be able to input time off particularly for sick time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Tamara, thanks for adding your suggestion!

This is something we actually just implemented. If you head over to Admin > Time Off, you’ll see a new button for “Add Time Off.” So now the admins can directly add the request on behalf of the employees.

20. count of hours on the scheduling

Lets say I have 120 hours to use weekly. When writing the schedule it would be awesome if totaled the hours scheduled and the hours for each employee. That way I can see how many hours I have scheduled without keeping my own tally

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the great suggestion! We now offer the option on your Company Settings to “Display Scheduled Hours”, which will provide a total for each employee on the Scheduler. Keep the feedback coming!

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base