Suggestions and feedback to improve the Android and iOS mobile app experience.

Require Notes entry at clockout or checklist/question at clock out

Would really, really , really love to have a feature that I could enable in employee settings that would allow me to make adding notes into a time card mandatory on a per employee basis. Then I could hopefully stop reminding and reminding and clock shark would remind / require it prior to clocking out.

164 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

David Hayes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
AdminCliff Mitchell (Co-Founder, ClockShark) responded  · 

Hi, David! Thanks for posting your idea to the Voting Forum. Let’s let folks share their support for it, and then we can consider it for a future update. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions!

26 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Patrick Elliott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Along the same lines, even a SIMPLE CHECKLIST at the end of a session. So the employee doesn't have to write a repetitive note that doesn't change shift to shift, they just check a box.

I have cleaners who clean a school daily, but once a week they need to wipe down the window sills -- it would be great if they were asked at the end of each daily clean "did you wipe down window sills?" and then I know which day that task was completed for that week.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to see an option where the employer can add a Daily Safety Pre Start Questionnaire that can be filled out by the workers whilst clocking in for the day/shift/job. Thanks

I agree with Paul and Spencer with these requests. We need this for our business, too.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need this - mandatory notes, a job completed checkbox Yes or No and mandatory photos.

• Spencer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

typically all jobs we do we look to see if the employee has completed the task, and we are currently still using a paper format for this with all of out part tracking. it would be nice if at the clock out screen it prompted with an option box of complete or incomplete, and the notes field to allow the notes as to remaining work or parts needed.

Have the employee confirm their time entered is correct when they clock out. Also confirm they were or were not injured on the job.

• David Hayes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be huge for me. Would really love to have a feature that I could enable in employee settings that would allow me to make adding notes into a time card mandatory on a per employee basis. Then I could hopefully stop reminding and reminding and clock shark would remind / require it prior to clocking out.

• KayC Jolley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be helpful to be able to customize these questions.

Near misses?
    was anyone injured (for the foreman only)
    Safety concerns for the following day (pushed to PM)

• shellylynnhenry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add session notes (soap notes) template options for completion at the end of the session. Ability to name files when uploading pictures or attachments. Ability to preview attached or uploaded files without having to download.

• Nate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I searched and there are MANY suggestions with this same idea. this one has the most votes but put them all together and this has 30+ votes.

To add to this discussion let me detail what I need:

we report to our workers comp insurance company with our payroll information monthly. I need to show them how much payroll (In actual dollars) based on each job code. I would love to set each employees pay rate and set each job's class code (based on state) and export it on a custom time range so I can see something like:

8/1/2017-8/31/2017 CLASS CODE 5645 - CARPENTRY-DETACHED ONE OR TWO FAMILY DWELLINGS - [total hours for all jobs of that time with that class code] - [total payroll based on each employee for that time period working on those jobs specifically]

if you can't add pay rate totally, I would need to at lease see each employees hours for all jobs of that code.

TO THE TOP WITH THIS! it was suggested in 2015!!

• Ashley Bock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My workman's comp is requiring that we state (which we did when we were on paper) "I was not injured in any way on the job during today's work day" or "I was injured on the job during today's work day and I have notified my supervisor" So as of today my guys will be pasting one of these two statements into the notes daily.

Add the below workers comp language and a way for the employee to approve:
    I certify, under penalty of perjury, that (1) the hours reported above fully and accurately reflect all hours, including any overtime, that I worked during this pay period, (2) I have been offered or have taken all meal periods and rest periods unless otherwise indicated on this form and (3) I have not suffered any work related injuries or been subjected to any harassment and/or discrimination which has not been reported to the appropriate company representative during this pay period.

• Moe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A pop up when the employee is clocking out that states "Did you hurt yourself today?"

• Elisabeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Agree with Chrystal, make this an option the Admin controls- maybe even based on the job! When Creating the Job or Task, just add an additional check box (require notes)

Add a check box in the mobile application that allows the crew/employee to check off whether he or she got injured that day.This feature should be made mandatory before they clock out each day so it protects the worker and the employer. SAFETY FIRST! Note; this is required by most companies these days on paper time sheets.

Add a check box in the mobile application that allows the crew/employee to check off whether he or she got injured that day.This feature should be made mandatory before they clock out each day so it protects the worker and the employer. SAFETY FIRST! Note; this is required by most companies these days on paper time sheets.

• William W3 Wheeler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

check in button for employee's working alone.
    (our company has many remote sites, this would be a safety feature, count down timer allowing admin to confirm they are OK)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base